X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: photo-op

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    This incredible ship is now at Pier 10, in Honolulu Harbor - www.symaltesefalcon.com/index2.asp[...]
    Aha! So that's who she is!!! I was driving down one of the East Honolulu ridges yesterday morning and saw this ship heading toward Diamond Head. It really caught my eye as I'd never seen anything like it before. Thanks to all of you for the info. Hopefully I'll see her at Pier 10 when I come back into town this week-end.

Comment

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

Shot photos at the Aloha Festivals Parade today. Here's one of the best looking floats, from Hawaiian Airlines. They obviously have the money to make professional looking "Rose Parade" type of floats. This year's parade was almost canceled due to lack of funding. Check out the use of the old flight attendant uniform patterns in the photo above.

More Photos | Blog Link: Aloha Parade

BTW, all of the surf photos on the previous page are just simply awesome. I am not much of a beach type, so the chances of me getting surf photos that good are slim.

Also liked the photos of Washington D.C.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Mel, (as always) awesome!

I noticed Bishop Estate utilized their property over at the former CompUSA next door to Restaurant Row to work on some of the feature floats for today's parade.

The shirts those folks are wearing in front are similar in pattern and color to the uniform my mother once wore when she worked for Hawaiian Airlines back in the day. Actually, decades. Cool retro!
        Last edited by Pomai; September 13, 2008, 03:51 PM.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

An e-mail from Tom Perkins, owner of Maltese Falcon, includes this:
          "We just arrived in Honolulu after a fast passage from Papeete. Unfortunately, we had to motor for a couple of days through the doldrums, so I gave up the plan to break the clipper record. Still, we had a good sail. Falcon will set sail on Sunday or Monday for San Francisco. She'll probably anchor in Drake's Bay to clean up after the passage before coming into the Bay. She'll then sail under the Golden Gate at 2 p.m. on Saturday, September 27."
          So he had to cancel an attempt to break an old clipper ship record and "had to motor for a couple of days." Poor t'ing. His twin diesel engines can take him just a hair under 20 knots. Very few sailboats on the entire planet can even hit 10 knots under power.
          And here's another shot of her at Pier 10:

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I expect to see an HT winner!

Comment

Originally posted by LocalMotion View Post
              [...]

[...]
              So, Brian...didya shoot this one, too?!
              Attached Files

Comment

Great beach pics, Jim. The water looks so glassy. I love the shadows and blues in the first pic of post #137.

I like the color of the White House, TAT. The details on Abe's close up are great. Your pic makes me want to reach out and feel the smoothness of the marble.

Thanks for the link to the NGM contest, TutuSue. It'd be awesome if someone from HT won it. So you get an idea of what they're looking for, here's last year's winners. Their stance on image doctoring. FAQ and contest rules.
                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                "
                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

I entered one photo into the contest, I might enter a few more.

Anyway, here are some photos I took down at Waikiki Beach last week. The sun was past the horizon so the lighting was really low and they all turned out blurry (just using a point and shoot), but I enjoy the effect.

Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                  Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

I drove out to Tropic Aina cafe for lunch today and as I passed Kahana Bay I saw something familiar:

Turns out they're doing a special celebration there tomorrow from 9am to 3pm; open to the public.
                    I'll post some more photos of her in that Hawaii Boating Photos thread shortly.

Comment

Here's two of my baby!

Comment

What a cutie!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing those, Kelly!

Comment

Originally posted by sophielynette View Post
                          I entered one photo into the contest, I might enter a few more.

Anyway, here are some photos I took down at Waikiki Beach last week. The sun was past the horizon so the lighting was really low and they all turned out blurry (just using a point and shoot), but I enjoy the effect.
                          Beautiful light. It really captures that end of the day feeling.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                          I drove out to Tropic Aina cafe for lunch today and as I passed Kahana Bay I saw something familiar:

Turns out they're doing a special celebration there tomorrow from 9am to 3pm; open to the public.
                          I'll post some more photos of her in that Hawaii Boating Photos thread shortly.
                          Cool pics Likanui. Where is Kahana Bay?

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                          Here's two of my baby!
                          lol Those blew the lid right off the cute-o-meter! Fat little arms and that big grin. They're frame-worthy.

Comment

Soooo Beautiful Kelly!

Mahalo for sharing.

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                              Cool pics Likanui. Where is Kahana Bay?
                              You're on the north shore, as I recall, so you're fairly close to it. Kahana Bay is between Kaaawa and Punaluu. You know where Crouching Lion Inn is located? Kahana Bay is right around the corner.
                              There's a Google map at this link and you can zoom it in or out.
                              And here's a photo, with Crouching Lion Inn at the very left edge:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Here are three posts of some photos from our trip last month. Nothing prize-winning, just some beautiful memories of our perfect time in Paradise!

Maui is first--Black Sand Beach near Hana; the second is of the diver at Black Rock; the third is Haleakala, of course. I had about a hundred more I could post, but these are some faves!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X