• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

Originally posted by Barry View Post
    The duck is walking on the ice
    Sorta looks like it's walking on water. A Jesus duck;

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
    And it's stinky; smells like pluff mud. And the environmentalists are worried about my sunscreen.
    Nice comparison shots, Cyleet. I can't say that mucky water is nice. Ewww.

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
    figured i would post up a few, being that I hardly do anymore...
    You slacker. What's your excuse?

I like the shades of brown on the duck, btw.

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Okay, here comes a few rain photos.
    First two are right next to the road:
    Lika is a drive-by shooter

Nice pix.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Tattrat, great shots! I especially like the underground train pic.

LikaNui, also great shots!

Here's 3 from Turtle Beach near Haleiwa from a couple months ago. In the first one, the woman holding the rope was telling about the turtles. You can see the attachment on the turtle's shell. It's some kind of monitor. If I recall right, she said these turtles had been known to dive as deep as 200 ft. There's virtually always a turtle at Turtle Beach, never fail.

Comment

A Hawaii Bicycling League group (I think) in Manoa:

"By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "

Comment

I am glad to see some schoolkids got the teachin' because the Bicycle League cancelled their classes at Waialua. DS was looking forward to that.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
            I am glad to see some schoolkids got the teachin' because the Bicycle League cancelled their classes at Waialua. DS was looking forward to that.
            Oh, HBL does this with a bunch of schools? That's cool. I had never heard of them before.

Bummer about DS's class being canceled, due to the rain (I assume). Hopefully they'll reschedule soon.
            "

Comment

Jim, I keep going back to see the turtle closeup and especially the surf picture. I can't describe how lovely those pictures are. I see why artists and sculptors try and try to get surf right. Just has to be real; only great photos will do it justice.

Thank you.

Comment

• Thanksgiving Cruise, Sea of Cortez, 2008

Making wake at 7+ knots

ALOHA key chain purchased from ABC store on Kalakaua St.

Heading 333 true, depth 135 ft., speed 7.2 knots, water temp. 79.8
                Last edited by matapule; December 14, 2008, 03:04 PM.
                Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

• Thanksgiving Cruise, Sea of Cortez, 2008

Officer of the bridge

The good ship ALOHA

ALOHA

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Mexico Libres on the aft deck

Fire on the water, Thanksgiving, Caleta El Cardonel, Sea of Cortez
                    Last edited by matapule; December 14, 2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                      Here's 3 from Turtle Beach near Haleiwa from a couple months ago.
                      Jim, I volunteer with the sea turtle hatching project here in Baja California. These are pictures from 3 weeks ago when we released 106 Leatherback species to the sea......some will make it as far as Haleiwa and even Japan.

A hatchling in matapule's hand

Volunteers, tourists, and staff making sure all 106 make it to sea on their own. The man in the background with white shirt and khakis is Leonel, the Mexican in charge of our hatching station. We call him El Tortuguero, the turtle man. He is totally committed to the conservation of these endangered animals. He had been up all night assisting the hatchlings from the shell.

The black spots on the sand are the hatchlings on their way home. The Playa Costa Brava where I live is about 5 miles long of white sand. Punta Chileno is in the background. This area was originally inhabited by polynesian seafarers, the Pericu tribe, probably from Hawai'i.
                      Last edited by matapule; December 14, 2008, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Cool, matapule! Very nice to see your good ship and that beautiful sun (rise? or set?) Good turtle pics, too. DS adopted a monitored turtle named Mango through the Caribbean Conservation Corporation/Sea Turtle Survival League. We watched her progress when we lived in SC; now she is no longer being tracked. (I think the batteries ran out or the monitor fell off.)

In Hawai`i he gets to look at turtles up close. We joined because he read an article about how the hawksbills and green sea turtles were being poached in Southeast Asia. There were leatherbacks and loggerheads on SC beaches, closely monitored daily by the volunteers with the Dept of Natural Resources. The beach communities had "no lights on the beach" signs and bumper stickers 'cause "sea turtles dig the dark."

Drifting back to pics now....

Comment

Thanks Cyleet99.

Matapule, those are great shots. Especially the one where the sunrise/set is reflected on the water in front of the boat. Super nice boat, by the way. I liked seeing the depth/speed/heading controls too.

That's amazing that some of our Haleiwa Turtles were born in Mexico.

Comment

Not gonna leave it up for too long, but I'll share with the HT family. I shrunk 'em down and slapped 'em together. Merry Christmas <3

Comment

Oh so cute!

I took this shot yesterday morning as I went for a swim in Dors Duke's Ocean Pool (aka.-Cromwells).
                              I had the place to myself for quite a while.
                              Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

nice pic mm

where is this at?
                                stay forever young

Comment

Working...
                                X