X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

Where is this at?

Between Diamond Head and Kahala.
    Park on Kulamanu St. walk down Kulamanu place...
    When you reach the beach, follow along the wall to the left and around the point. It's lovely, great swimming. Enjoy!
    I captured this GoogleEarth image.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
      Where is this at?

Between Diamond Head and Kahala.
      Park on Kulamanu St. walk down Kulamanu place...
      When you reach the beach, follow along the wall to the left and around the point. It's lovely, great swimming. Enjoy!
      I captured this GoogleEarth image.
      Man, I musta passed that a million and six times! Ohhhhhh.....liked I need another reason to move back, I wanna take a dip there!
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
        Not gonna leave it up for too long, but I'll share with the HT family. I shrunk 'em down and slapped 'em together. Merry Christmas <3
        This is by far the cutest card I have received in lotsa years!
        What a sweetie! Love those elbow dimples. And that expression is perfect!

those would make GREAT family ornaments, but the child would probably want to strangle you later.

Comment

As usual, lots of great photos! Enjoyed seeing Matapule's boat pix, and Santa Baby was great too.
          And for MM and Tatt, I've been to Doris Duke's spot too. She originally built it as kind of a private "marina" to store a boat and protect it from the waves. They still get good swells in there, and you'll see lots of local kids (and me) climbing out on the wall and diving in as the swells come in. Good fun. And Jim Nabors house is just a couple of doors away on that little beach.
          Today I saw something cute on the side of the road and grabbed a couple of snapshots:

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
            Jim, I keep going back to see the turtle closeup and especially the surf picture. I can't describe how lovely those pictures are. I see why artists and sculptors try and try to get surf right. Just has to be real; only great photos will do it justice.

Thank you.
            I completely agree, wonderful images you've captured there!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              Today I saw something cute on the side of the road and grabbed a couple of snapshots
              Nice shots, LN. Did you pull over and get out of your car to take them?
              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
              "
              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                Nice shots, LN. Did you pull over and get out of your car to take them?
                Strictly between you and me, k? I pulled into one of those cutouts for TheBus, jumped out, snapped a couple shots, then dove back into the car and took off.
                You can get in trouble for pulling into those bus spots, ya know? So no tell!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                  I pulled into one of those cutouts for TheBus, jumped out, snapped a couple shots, then dove back into the car and took off.
                  Haha, cool. My favorite thing about photography is how it makes you do things you wouldn't normally do: spontaneously pull over your car, or kneel in the middle of a sidewalk, or approach strangers doing something interesting and ask if you can take pictures.
                  "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                  "

Comment

Tails.

Taken @ Honolulu International Airport Dec. 19, 2008.
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

This morning's sunrise near Mokoli'i (Chinaman's Hat)

And another...

A start to a Great day!

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                        Taken @ Honolulu International Airport Dec. 19, 2008.
                        Cool concept. I like how the identical faces are gazing in the same direction.

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                        A start to a Great day!
                        The lens flare is a nice effect in the first pic. I really like the warm colors of the second pic, contrasted with the solid black foreground, with a hint of reflection off the table.
                        Last edited by MyopicJoe; December 21, 2008, 07:16 PM.
                        "

Comment

And in Kaaawa Valley today!

My batteries have been recharged. Ahhhh.

Comment

Absolutely ALL Beautiful Pictures!

Mahalo for sharing!

Auntie Lynn
                            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

This gargoyle was not particularly thrilled with the snow in Seattle this weekend:

This was the view from our deck this morning, when we had about 5-6 inches in our neighborhood from Saturday night's storm (it's been snowing steadily again since about Noon today, so we'll probably have a foot by Monday morning):

Comment

Here's our Christmas Lanai (taken last night). Like the penguin?
                                Our's is the only one along this street with lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X