X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 4

Thanks Seeking Penance and Tattratt.

Here's a few more surf pics. I walked quite a ways down Sunset Beach toward Haleiwa trying to figure out where Pipeline was. I think all of these were still Sunset. The second one gives a hint at the size of some of the waves. Some were bigger.

Comment

Wow, Jim! As a former employee of the (very) old and now extinct Surfing Illustrated magazine, I woulda fought to include your photos. Where were you 45 years ago?

Comment

Nice shots, Jim!
        Pipeline is Ehukai Beach Park, directly across the street from the elementary school.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Sharks Cove a couple weeks ago (pic 1). Sunday it had its own surf (pic 2).

Last edited by Jim75; October 13, 2008, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Now see, this is why I never post in here. Really Jim, you're intimidating the amateurs. Seriously, those are some fantastic shots. I really like the colors in the first pic of Sharks Cove.
            Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
            Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

Just beautiful. Thanks, Jim.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
                Sharks Cove a couple weeks ago (pic 1). Sunday it had its own surf (pic 2).

using this as wallpaper - thanks again jim

bloody awesome pics!!!
                stay forever young

Comment

hungry alligators at Gatorland (Florida)
                  I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Photos from Children & Youth Day:

Hands through hair, a little girl feels her mother's love.

Keeping an eye on his son...or me?

Keep a movin', the world's a tiltin'
                    Last edited by MyopicJoe; October 21, 2008, 10:43 PM.
                    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                    "
                    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
                      Aye ya, Kanahina! I don't like how those gators are staring at you. I hope you were using a telephoto and not a wide angle lens!
                      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                      "

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                        Aye ya, Kanahina! I don't like how those gators are staring at you. I hope you were using a telephoto and not a wide angle lens!
                        actually, my 10 year old son took that pic with his regular canon powershot A530 right after (or before?) he and his sister got to "feed" them by throwing big chunks of raw meat to them!

I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

freightning pic kanahina...i should copy it and play a trick on my boss...by placing it as a wallpaper on his computer at work.

LOL

that would wake him up first thing in the morning when he comes in...instead of that awful smelling coffee he drinks
                          stay forever young

Comment

MJ, did you have to explain yourself to Papa after that cute pic?

Love the alligators. Reminds me of Brookgreen Gardens back in Myrtle Beach. They have some big 'uns, too.

Comment

So your ten year old shot this? Fantastic. You've got a budding photographer on your hands.

I went to Gatorland a few years back and got some very nice photos, although for the life of me I can't remember what I did with the film. I don't think I had the mind to scan it.
                              Last edited by sophielynette; October 22, 2008, 10:40 AM.
                              Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
                              Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

actually, my 10 year old son took that pic with his regular canon powershot A530 right after (or before?) he and his sister got to "feed" them by throwing big chunks of raw meat to them!
                                Your kids are so brave, standing in front of the crocs like that. My girls would be too chicken (me too!), even with the animal keeper standing nearby.

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                                MJ, did you have to explain yourself to Papa after that cute pic?
                                Heh, luckily no. The father does look a bit scary, doesn't he? He was nice enough, though rather stern and reserved. As far as I could tell, he wasn't upset with me taking pictures of his kid. The father only stepped in when his son wandered over to my tripod and tried to aim my video camera

To be honest I'm not that familiar with pacific islander culture and body language, so I can't tell if I crossed a line by taking a picture of his son.
                                "

Comment

Working...
                                X