Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eliminating fish odors while cooking

Hi Gang,
    Does anyone have a solution or suggestion to eliminating odors when cooking fish other than doing it outdoors? My small studio smells for awhile after cookng or frying fish.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Eliminating fish odors while cooking

Originally posted by 69FHS View Post
    Hi Gang,
    Does anyone have a solution or suggestion to eliminating odors when cooking fish other than doing it outdoors? My small studio smells for awhile after cookng or frying fish.
    Thanks in advance.
    Howdy FHS,

I'm not the best one to answer, but I think the smell is caused by very small droplets of oil sent airborne when frying? They actually float around a bit and stick to surfaces. Hence the use of a ventilation hood over stoves. It's gross how much oil accumulates in the filters.

If you don't have a fan powered hood, they have those metal screens you can place over the top of your pan which helps prevent splatter.

That's my best guess. Perhaps the chefs out there will have a better suggestion.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Febreze?

Comment

I worked for a major cooking and cooking supply company called The Peppercorn over in Carmel Califonia.

A good thing to do is to lhave a few candles by the stove when cooking the fish. It doesn't remove the odor completely, but it should make a difference.

DD
        www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

How does Fish smell? Fish doesn't smell if you close their nose.

Comment

Originally posted by DiverDown808 View Post
            I worked for a major cooking and cooking supply company called The Peppercorn over in Carmel Califonia.

A good thing to do is to lhave a few candles by the stove when cooking the fish. It doesn't remove the odor completely, but it should make a difference.

DD
            Agree on the candles. I find that several placed strategically around the house works best. Just don't leave them unattended. Post-cooking and eating febreeze helps get rid of what remains. Speaking of remains, toss them out (as in, get em out of your house) ASAP bcs fish remains are the stinkiest part of eating fish.
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

If febreez is good, then Ozium spray should be even better in ridding the smell. A tiny spritz goes a long way.
              But the miniscule airborne grease will still be a factor. Deffinitely use a pan cover of sorts.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Working...
              X