Journey to the Center of the Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Journey to the Center of the Earth

Trailers say this may be available in 3D - does anyone know if it will be screened in 3D here? (Not sure I would necessarily go, but curious.)

Re: Journey to the Center of the Earth

The 3D version will be available at Regal Theater Pearl Highland, Regal Theater Dole Cannery, and Regal Theater Windward Stadium.

http://movies.starbulletin.com/movie...hp?movie=53818

Comment

I went to see this movie today at Consolidated Ward theaters. No 3D there. The movie is predictably good, but not fantastic. Good special effects, predictable storyline follows more or less the classic book while not set in classic time but paying homage to the book and its author, Jules Verne.

The characters are likeable but not very deep. There is of course a budding romance, and plenty of action and chase scenes.

A coal mine car segment is straight out of "Indiana Jones & the Temple of Doom" (this has been shown in the preview reels) and so is the large dinosaur chase right out "Jurassic Park".

Movie is made by Walden Media.

Preview of Lucasfilm's "Star Wars Clone Wars" was shown before this. What is surprising for me is that Clone Wars is a Warner Brothers release and not 20th Century Fox like previous Star Wars movies. But then again this movie is being used to market a new animated TV series which will be shown on TNT and Cartoon Network, both Time-Warner channels... so I guess WB being the distributor kind of works.
      I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

When I saw Iron Man late Thursday night (I'm on vacation; I see movies when I know there won't be people there), I saw "Journey 3D" on the sign above one of the screen entrances. I thought at first that there was some kind of concert film with Journey and somehow I hadn't heard about it. Seriously considered staying for the 12:01 opening.

Then I figured it out. Not quite as exciting for me, so I went home.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

NPR reviewer yesterday said he still likes the original - way back when. He also observed [I had the same thought when I saw the trailer] that the "chase" scene is MADE for a future theme park attraction/thrill ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
            NPR reviewer yesterday said he still likes the original - way back when. He also observed [I had the same thought when I saw the trailer] that the "chase" scene is MADE for a future theme park attraction/thrill ride.
            It seems like a lot of movies that come out always have an eye towards franchising and marketing, and are sometimes not afraid to show it. Just like Indy almost passing off his fedora to his son in the last movie. Nuking the fridge, indeed! I guess thats the way capitalism works in the entertainment industry...give em a reason to keep coming back for repeat business!
            "Positive Vibration"
            Since 1977

Comment

If a studio can create a popular franchise out of anything they will. All of the franchise movie sequels helps keep movie studios alive and offers them an avenue to take chances on more artsy fartsy movies that may not make as big earnings as an Indiana Jones movie and its related merchandising. But it puts money into the studios and they in turn will finance the smaller, independent film if they think it will make them more money or at least get recognition during the awards season.

There is nothing wrong with movie franchising, sequels, capitalism and profits. People like franchise movies as witnessed by the popularity of many of them - Star Wars, Spiderman, Shrek, Mission Impossible, Superman, whatever.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
              X