No announcement yet.

Hip restaurants. Anyone know of any?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hip restaurants. Anyone know of any?

hows the prices to those places? haha keep in mind too we're jobless college students
    I hope to be a Biochemist someday

Comment

STAGE, at the design center on Pi'ikoi(sp?)and kapiolani
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

Well, ok...so you won't be able to drink, but you can still eat at Soul de Cuba. Wouldn't necessarily suggest Du Vin under your circumstances.

Sorry! Didn't know.

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos View Post
        May I suggest Du Vin or Soul de Cuba downtown?

I love to eat at both of those places...and there are plenty nice bars around both of those places for after-dinner drinks, like Bar 35, Dragon Upstairs, 39 Hotel, Indigo...

And that area is where all the trendy hipsters hang out, so everybody will be dressed up for Fri night.

Comment

Under 21?! Why didn't you say so?

Chucky Cheese
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Restaurant Epic is very hip. I ate there a couple months ago on a First Friday and the hipness was off the meter. It's in Chinatown on Nuuanu near all the hip bars and clubs. The food was actually pretty good for a trendy place.

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
              STAGE, at the design center on Pi'ikoi(sp?)and kapiolani
              It's hip and trendy, but also very pricey for the alright food. Desserts are fab, though!
              Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
              We're not here to mess around
              Boston, you know we love you madly
              Hear the crowd roar to your sound
              Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
              You know we couldn't live without you
              Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Definitely Soul de Cuba...Stage Restaurant is also good but a little pricey......

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                  Not exactly hips, but HOOTERS have dam fine wings.
                  are you referring to the food or the women?

father-in-law used to call mother-in-law, "my little pidgeon."
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  reflect, repent and reboot.
                  order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Depends on what you would consider "hip."
                    My friends and I eat out often, and try to hit the newest spots in town. We still end up going back to Panya @ Ala Moana Center (the decor is nice and the food is good/affordable).

A*Un @ McCully Shopping Center, 1st floor has all sorts of ala carte menu items (Japanese bar style food) and the price range for the dishes is $3 - $12. My friends and I get full after sharing about 3 or 4 dishes there. It's a low-lit place, tiny, but has a cool vibe to it. For dessert we go next door to Coffee or Tea for lilikoi cheesecake or bubble tea.

12th Ave Grill in Kaimuki is another favorite, but the dishes start at $13 or so. Cafe Laufer is another place I go back to often. Especially if my friends and I want awesome desserts and good coffee.

You might want to try MAC 24-7 in Waikiki. Home of giant pancake creations and Sumo size ramen. It's trendy, and open 24 hrs. If you can snag a seat on the garden side it's much better than the bar side. I'm hooked on their tomato soup with grilled white cheddar sandwich, or the reuben (which comes with a panko-crusted, deep fried pickle spear!).

My all-time favorite place right now is out of the way for me, but very much worth the trip. Kalapawai Cafe in Kailua town. I'm slightly biased because my friend is the head chef there, but once I tasted the food, I was addicted. Really, really good food, fresh, and affordable. I had the pork chop on my birthday and I was in heaven. I also had a good cheese platter (cheese selection varies daily - I lucked out with Guinness Irish Cheddar and 3 other cheeses), the goat cheese bruschetta, and housemade hummus/artichoke spreads.
                    Last edited by Kijimuna; July 11, 2008, 03:38 PM. Reason: added link

Comment

Hey guys thanks for all the input. My friend and I went to eat at Doraku Sushi. That place is great! The ambiance is nice especially as a two person party and the food pricing is NOT as expensive as I thought would be, its actually pretty reasonably priced (considering we're from kapolei). They put us next to this glass wall overlooking Kalakaua Ave which was pretty fun since its all heights and you get to look at all the street performers.

There was this guy in all orange and black doing crazy A-1 basketball tricks. Damn did that add to our entertainment.

Anyway, I'll try keep this thread up for any other people looking for fun and intereseting places to eat. Thanks a lot.
                      I hope to be a Biochemist someday

Comment

Working...
                      X