Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Albert and I saw Hellboy II: The Golden Army at Ward this afternoon. I never saw the first movie nor have I read the comics and to tell you the truth it wasn't my idea to go to this movie.

There are times when this movie is funny (the locker room scene was really funny) and other times the flow of the movie wasn't going any where.

Re: Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Helen tells me you can't really write a review of a film unless you see it from start to finish.

So all I can say about this ugly, stupid, senseless movie is that I walked out of it.

Comment

That's too bad. I liked the first Hellboy movie and was looking forward to this one.

Comment

Both Albert and I never saw the first one so it's hard to say if this movie is better, worse or the same as the first movie plus the fact we never read the comic series so hard to say if this movie follows the comic series faithfully or not.

And Albert left a couple of minutes before the locker room scene, which got the audience really laughing.

Comment

seen the previews on this one and it's great!

... anyone wants the soundtrack? I care to share because sharing is caring. I got the Aloha spirit, let me know via PM

Comment

I liked this movie a lot(sorry Hancock). Helloboy II is a get sequel to the first film. I can't wait to see what the director does for the Hobbit. Like Peter Jackson, Del Toro treats CGI like an artist and make you believe his creatures have a heart. So many times a film can be ruined by bad CGI.

By the way IMO, if you didn't see Hellboy, see it first to introduce you to the characters in Hellboy II.

Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

I never read the comic,,,only seen both movies.

I liked this one(as well as the first), though my friends walked away as if #2 didn't deliver.

The tenor of "Hellboy"was set in the first one,,,,,peril/action + humor. There's a lot of clever throw away lines, especially from Hellboy, and Ron Perlman has made a good living playing these roles.
              I like the humor, but when they ALL deliver quick retorts somehow the "oomph"(especially Hellboy's) gets lost. I don't think it helps the movie when EVERYONE says something clever, then it becomes a sitcom.

Del Toro tried to give this action movie heart. I think it's very difficult to do in an action film but I think he did it rather well because he gave the movie lots of atmosphere.

Del Toro is WAAAYYYY different from Jackson in that Jackson is, imo, the best director for adding scale to a movie. Del Toro migh be perfect for "The Hobbit" because I don't think scale is important...it'll be all about atmosphere.

Comment

Well, I wouldn't want anyone reading my comments to be put off a film, so I hope that didn't happen.

Helen says I should mention that it was the Hellboy character who was UGLY and not the film, but no, I thought the entire film was UGLY and only wish I'd left before that Star Wars rip-off in the zombie factory, or whatever they called it.

Comment

Working...
                X