Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Local TV Ads You Like

Thumbs up Local TV Ads You Like

This posting starts the new thread of current Local TV Ads You Like. It is the sequel to the original thread which was last posted to in 2006.

My current favorite is the new one by Hawaii Superferry where they interview people in their cars who are taking the ferry to Maui. I liked what the last couple in the interview style ads say... "we don't have suitcases, our clothes are in laundry baskets".

Made me laugh the first time I saw/heard this commercial and smile about it on subsequent views.

In light of airlines charging for a 2nd bag (and who knows when a 1st bag fee will kick in) interisland, Superferry definitely has an advantage here as you can bring as many bags in your vehicle as you want, and they don't even have to be bags.

Good commercial.
    Last edited by mel; July 13th, 2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: link back to original thread.

Default Re: Local TV Ads You Like

I like the one for Shriner's Children's Hospital... the one with the kid who's been a patient there all his life and now paddles for a canoe club.

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    This posting starts the thread of current Local TV Ads You Like.
    I like the Rail Transit Support commercial, particularly one where it stop short of giving the Stop Rail people the finger and yell "Screw You!"

*placeholder: devil smiley*

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    My current favorite is the new one by Hawaii Superferry where they interview people in their cars who are taking the ferry to Maui. I liked what the last couple in the interview style ads say... "we don't have suitcases, our clothes are in laundry baskets".

Good commercial.
    =================================
    Oh yeah, I know that spot. That was great. My current favorite.

Just thought of another one I really like...The phone service ad where the gals are yelling to each other in the neighborhood.

Kaiser Permanente invested a lot in an island-images ad that currently running - high quality video of spectacular island scenics

Quote Originally Posted by DNR55 View Post
    Just thought of another one I really like...The phone service ad where the gals are yelling to each other in the neighborhood.
    That one was cute the first time, but now it just grates on my nerves.

"I know you home!"

Talking Re: Local TV Ads You Like

Quote Originally Posted by DNR55 View Post
    Meh. Even if those titas get local phone service, they going still talk li'dat. LOUD.

*ducks for cover*

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Dr. View Post
    That one was cute the first time, but now it just grates on my nerves.

"I know you home!"
    Imagine those two clean cut Latter Day Saints guys with the white dress shirt and tie or the Jehovah Witness group with a Watchtower yelling "I know you home," when you're pretending not to be in the house.
    I'm kidding. They're nice people. I just have to lose the sarcasm when I'm talking with them.

Those local "titas" are in the Oceanic commercial are really funny! and the main one is my daughter's best friend so of course I love the ad. and trust me - she is a great actress but is not a "tita"!

I think it's a Road Runner commercial, where the big guy is falling asleep while on the internet, then wakes up and says, "No can." Then the announcer says, "Can!"

Oh, and I'm probably in the minority, but I love the Island Air commercials with that guy in the polyester suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharilyn View Post
    Oh, and I'm probably in the minority, but I love the Island Air commercials with that guy in the polyester suit.
    Sad they stopped airing the commercial when the pig that was in it was senselessly butchered by one dumb*** hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Imagine those two clean cut Latter Day Saints guys with the white dress shirt and tie or the Jehovah Witness group with a Watchtower yelling "I know you home," when you're pretending not to be in the house.
    I'm kidding. They're nice people. I just have to lose the sarcasm when I'm talking with them.
    Wow. I thought about that, but I never had the gut to post that.

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    Those local "titas" are in the Oceanic commercial are really funny! and the main one is my daughter's best friend so of course I love the ad. and trust me - she is a great actress but is not a "tita"!
    Yep...what Anapuni wrote! A wonderful actress who has you believing she's a tita when she's really not. That's what acting is all about! I also love the concept. It wears very well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    Yep...what Anapuni wrote! A wonderful actress who has you believing she's a tita when she's really not. That's what acting is all about! I also love the concept. It wears very well with me.
    I know she's the same one that is on PBS science show for local schools around mid-morning.

Yes, she has range, but her tita role is memorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    [...]
    Yes, she has range, but her tita role is memorable.
    I completely agree! I've known her for at least 10 years and have never had a reason to see her "tita" side! She usually auditions for mom type roles. She does a great tita!

Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    I completely agree! I've known her for at least 10 years and have never had a reason to see her "tita" side! She usually auditions for mom type roles. She does a great tita!
    Funny, I don't see her as a mom, but then again, I have a horny mind.

She is also an author. Went to see a play at Kumu Kahua a few years ago that she had written, called "The Season of Yellow Ginger". Also saw her there performing in Shakespeare and a few other local plays. She is a very talented and versatile actor.

I'm good friends with MJ's (da tita) bro... have known the family since small kid time...but yeah she is so opposite of being a tita...

yeah - I know him too. He transformed into a flaming red head for a couple years.

yeah - I know him too. He transformed into a flaming red head for a couple years.
    PJ? LOL not dat one! rolls eyes

I'm good friends with AJ, the normal one. But P's cool haha.

yes - PJ's the one

(I just re-read my earlier post - he transformed ME into a redhead!)

I've been seeing a Hemic commercial that I think includes our own ZZType, Blaine. Go to this link and click on the video for the "Toadally" commercial.
    Do we have a star in our midst, or am I seeing things?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Nope...not Blaine. That's my friend Davo!
    ETA: Forgot to mention that Davo appears in several other Hemic spots. Same link!
    Last edited by tutusue; September 28th, 2008 at 09:29 PM.

The very last Aloha Airlines Commercial..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast