Local TV Ads You Like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local TV Ads You Like

This posting starts the new thread of current Local TV Ads You Like. It is the sequel to the original thread which was last posted to in 2006.

My current favorite is the new one by Hawaii Superferry where they interview people in their cars who are taking the ferry to Maui. I liked what the last couple in the interview style ads say... "we don't have suitcases, our clothes are in laundry baskets".

Made me laugh the first time I saw/heard this commercial and smile about it on subsequent views.

In light of airlines charging for a 2nd bag (and who knows when a 1st bag fee will kick in) interisland, Superferry definitely has an advantage here as you can bring as many bags in your vehicle as you want, and they don't even have to be bags.

Good commercial.
    Last edited by mel; July 13, 2008, 09:36 PM. Reason: link back to original thread.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Re: Local TV Ads You Like

I like the one for Shriner's Children's Hospital... the one with the kid who's been a patient there all his life and now paddles for a canoe club.

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
      This posting starts the thread of current Local TV Ads You Like.
      I like the Rail Transit Support commercial, particularly one where it stop short of giving the Stop Rail people the finger and yell "Screw You!"

*placeholder: devil smiley*
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
        My current favorite is the new one by Hawaii Superferry where they interview people in their cars who are taking the ferry to Maui. I liked what the last couple in the interview style ads say... "we don't have suitcases, our clothes are in laundry baskets".

Good commercial.
        =================================
        Oh yeah, I know that spot. That was great. My current favorite.

Comment

Just thought of another one I really like...The phone service ad where the gals are yelling to each other in the neighborhood.

Comment

Kaiser Permanente invested a lot in an island-images ad that currently running - high quality video of spectacular island scenics

Comment

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
              Just thought of another one I really like...The phone service ad where the gals are yelling to each other in the neighborhood.
              That one was cute the first time, but now it just grates on my nerves.

"I know you home!"

Comment

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
                Meh. Even if those titas get local phone service, they going still talk li'dat. LOUD.

*ducks for cover*

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Dr. View Post
                  That one was cute the first time, but now it just grates on my nerves.

"I know you home!"
                  Imagine those two clean cut Latter Day Saints guys with the white dress shirt and tie or the Jehovah Witness group with a Watchtower yelling "I know you home," when you're pretending not to be in the house.
                  I'm kidding. They're nice people. I just have to lose the sarcasm when I'm talking with them.

Comment

Those local "titas" are in the Oceanic commercial are really funny! and the main one is my daughter's best friend so of course I love the ad. and trust me - she is a great actress but is not a "tita"!
                    "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                    – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I think it's a Road Runner commercial, where the big guy is falling asleep while on the internet, then wakes up and says, "No can." Then the announcer says, "Can!"

Oh, and I'm probably in the minority, but I love the Island Air commercials with that guy in the polyester suit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharilyn View Post
                        Oh, and I'm probably in the minority, but I love the Island Air commercials with that guy in the polyester suit.
                        Sad they stopped airing the commercial when the pig that was in it was senselessly butchered by one dumb*** hunter.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                          Imagine those two clean cut Latter Day Saints guys with the white dress shirt and tie or the Jehovah Witness group with a Watchtower yelling "I know you home," when you're pretending not to be in the house.
                          I'm kidding. They're nice people. I just have to lose the sarcasm when I'm talking with them.
                          Wow. I thought about that, but I never had the gut to post that.

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                            Those local "titas" are in the Oceanic commercial are really funny! and the main one is my daughter's best friend so of course I love the ad. and trust me - she is a great actress but is not a "tita"!
                            Yep...what Anapuni wrote! A wonderful actress who has you believing she's a tita when she's really not. That's what acting is all about! I also love the concept. It wears very well with me.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                              Yep...what Anapuni wrote! A wonderful actress who has you believing she's a tita when she's really not. That's what acting is all about! I also love the concept. It wears very well with me.
                              I know she's the same one that is on PBS science show for local schools around mid-morning.

Yes, she has range, but her tita role is memorable.

Comment

Working...
                              X