Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who Should Be Obama’s VP?

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
    My name is not Joe, but you are quoting me. So I will respond in turn.
    My apologies for the name switch, MF; that's what I get for multitasking. I was indeed responding to you.

My post was really about campaign strategies and what candidates say and how their statements can hurt them. You instead are wanting to engage in partisan debate, which holds -0- interest for me. We're not talking the same language, plus this thread has moved on to more interesting topics, so I'll take my leave.

We get mad - but we never really change anything. The glory period of the American Empire is behind us, and history will eventually show that we are now in the corpulent and crumbling latter-days.
    I'm totally with you on this comment, LL. We are both great cynics.

Those who know me and the kind of work I do know that I am completely engaged, and some days engulfed, in public service. Taking on a cynical attitude about our government enables me to be less disappointed, however. These past 7.5 years have disillusioned me completely.
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

• Re: Who Should Be Obama’s VP?

Getting back on topic, I stumbled upon this segment from “Hotline T.V.” which apparently showcased a duel between MSNBC political director Chuck Todd and John Mercurio of the National Journal. The two were making predictions on the political fortunes of prospective presidential candidates in the very early stages of the campaign. The idea supposedly, was speculating a top-rated second-tier candidate (read: VP). Curiously, the events of the day have proven Mercurio was much more astute at predicting a winner then the clueless Todd. I just thought it was interesting.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
      X