Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watchmen

Here's the teaser trailer......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H2R50ONT-Q ....not quite sure if I'm sold on it yet.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: The Watchmen

I never read the comic series but the small writeup in the Apple movie site sounds kind of interesting as well the HD trailer that is available there.

Comment

Re: Watchmen

Awww youtube pulled the video due to a copyright violation claim.

Comment

It's usually a good idea to link to official sources.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of the book. I read the entire graphic novel in a several-hour car trip across California, because once I picked it up I couldn't put it down.

I'm a bit ambivalent about the film, because there are many things in the novel that simply can't be expressed with a live-action feature.

Plus Zach Snyder (the director) is the guy who made 300, and the successes of that film relied much on how base the source material is. Watchmen is a rich tapestry that is simply impossible to even summarize in a three-hour film (which will be cut down to two hours and 25 minutes, despite Snyder's resistance).

If you haven't read the novel, I highly recommend reading it FIRST before watching the film. I'm certain the story's surprises will be much more pleasant when conveyed in its original, intended form.

That being said, I got pretty darn excited when the trailer showed up, and I was able to pinpoint every scene in the trailer to its corresponding panel in the novel.
          ---
          Gene

"A man can surely do what he wills to do, but cannot determine what he wills." - Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by genepark View Post
            I'm a huge fan of the book. I read the entire graphic novel in a several-hour car trip across California, because once I picked it up I couldn't put it down.

I'm a bit ambivalent about the film, because there are many things in the novel that simply can't be expressed with a live-action feature.

Plus Zach Snyder (the director) is the guy who made 300, and the successes of that film relied much on how base the source material is. Watchmen is a rich tapestry that is simply impossible to even summarize in a three-hour film (which will be cut down to two hours and 25 minutes, despite Snyder's resistance).

If you haven't read the novel, I highly recommend reading it FIRST before watching the film. I'm certain the story's surprises will be much more pleasant when conveyed in its original, intended form.

That being said, I got pretty darn excited when the trailer showed up, and I was able to pinpoint every scene in the trailer to its corresponding panel in the novel.
            I agree...BTW iTunes has an animated version for free
            Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
            Flickr

Comment

This movie opens on March 6, 2009. The Sunday Honolulu Advertiser listed that the Ward Theater will be doing a midnight showing on Thursday night. A preview of Watchmen was shown before The International at Ward yesterday.

There is also an article of the movie in the USA Weekend insert.
              Last edited by helen; March 1, 2009, 06:45 PM. Reason: adding links and a comment about watching the preview

Comment

Saw the 8:30 pm showing of Watchmen at the Ward Theater today, which happened to be packed.

Since I never read the graphic novel I can't tell if this movie faithfully follows it or not. The movie does use flashbacks to tell it's story and during the starting credits show slice of life photographs of an older super hero team called the Minute men, which has ties to the current team called Watchmen.

The movie is around 3 hours long and there is a mixture of action, super hero stuff, romance, violence, and scifi.

It was a decent movie, I might see it again.

Comment

It's playing in IMAX at the new IMAX at Dole Signature theatre.

I've never seen an IMAX and wonder how it would appear in this way.
                  n'importe

Comment

IMAX is the ONLY way to see this movie!

The sound and picture quality has to be experienced because I can't even describe it!

It's a lot more expensive ($14 with no military discount - BOO!) but it's worth it! We're already hanging out to see Star Trek at the IMAX theater.
                    Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                    My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Purchased the 2 disc DVD set this week.

Comment

Working...
                      X