The Dark Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Knight

I talked w someone who was at the midnight screening of Dark Knight early today at Ward, and he said they sold something like 1200 tickets and put it up on five screens.

Thought there would be some comment by now, but maybe they're all sleeping? (Movie got out somewhat after 2:30am).

Re: The Dark Knight

Yeah, my husband & son went to a 12:01 a.m. show. They were in line 2 hours early (with their Fandango tickets, thank goodness) but only made it into the 2nd theater--the 1st theater was the main auditorium. I think they showed it in 5 theaters and they ended up having to turn away a bunch of people.

DH said all the hype about Heath Ledger's performance was well warranted. My 6th grader loved it but said some parts were really scary for him.
    * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
    - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Saw it Weds nite and the movie is quite epic in scope and in ponderables. Christopher Nolan is after big fish.

Now, I gotta write something about it for the paper. Hmmmm.
      Burl Burlingame
      "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
      honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by Kimo View Post
        Thought there would be some comment by now, but maybe they're all sleeping? (Movie got out somewhat after 2:30am).
        Sorry, brah, but the only movie theater on Molokai have already been shut down.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Another great flick. some really good movies this summer.

I think the Ledger hype lives up. He does a amazing job. too bad, very sad... eerily one of his lines he tells Batman... "We could do this forever"
          website - http://www.brianhancock.com
          blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Dark Knight Sets New Opening Day Record!

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
              DH said all the hype about Heath Ledger's performance was well warranted.
              I wonder if the performances by the living actors were discounted by the fact that they were... still living.

For example, do you think Michael Caine will ever turn it off? How many movies does he have to his credit?
              Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
              Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
              We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
              Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                For example, do you think Michael Caine will ever turn it off? How many movies does he have to his credit?
                I know he has many, but the only title that popped in my head is Blame It On Rio.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Albert and I saw this movie today at Ward.

For me I am kind of biased toward the superhero genre so I did enjoy the movie even through I was kind of wondering why would anyone work for the Joker if he was killing his hencemen at the beginning of the movie. Did like the cast of the supporting characters, some of them were from recent TV series.

The action sequences were well done but to me a choice scene was Morgan Freeman's reaction when a Wayne Enterprises corporate person comes to him and deduces that Bruce Wayne is the Batman and wants $10 million a year for life to keep silent.

Comment

The "choice scene" to me was "Watch me make this pencil disappear".

I thought Ledger's Joker was an absolutely brilliant performance. I'd rate it right up there with Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter in The Silence of the Lambs or Al Pacino's Tony Montana in Scarface. It was a psychopathic villain so well-played that the role defined the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                      Albert and I saw this movie today at Ward.

For me I am kind of biased toward the superhero genre so I did enjoy the movie even through I was kind of wondering why would anyone work for the Joker if he was killing his hencemen at the beginning of the movie. Did like the cast of the supporting characters, some of them were from recent TV series.
                      Was it on SNL or on a Austin Powers movie where the employees of an evil genius had a management vs. workers conflict in a union style bargaining negotiations?

Comment

ditto to zff's post. i'm not a big fan of the batman series (the newer one), but heath ledger did an awesome job as the joker. the special fx were unreal and the makeup they did on the character "harvey dent" was terrific.
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        reflect, repent and reboot.
                        order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Indeed, during the hosptial scenes with the Joker you can see streaks of chared remains on the pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                            Was it on SNL or on a Austin Powers movie where the employees of an evil genius had a management vs. workers conflict in a union style bargaining negotiations?
                            That was at the Advertiser!
                            Burl Burlingame
                            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                              That was at the Advertiser!
                              Did the evil genius at the Advertiser tell you his big picture plan before he starts the gizmo that's supposed to kill you?

Comment

Working...
                              X