X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Annette Nahinu of La Mariana Passes Away at 93

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    Where is this place? Mililani?
    Downtown Honolulu - 20 S. Kukui St., near A`ala Park.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      Where is this place? Mililani?
      Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
      http://starbulletin.com/2008/08/05/news/story14.html

Services will be held August 6 at Mililani Mortuary, mauka chapel. Visitation is at 10:15 a.m.; service, 11:30 a.m.; burial, 12:30 p.m. at Mililani Memorial Park. Flowers are welcome.

(Mahalo, Blaine.)
      Not at the Downtown Chapel.

At Mililani Mortuary ~ Mauka Chapel!!!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
        Not at the Downtown Chapel.
        At Mililani Mortuary ~ Mauka Chapel!!!
        Ai-ya ... so, WHERE is that?

I found these directions from a memorial service a couple years ago - is THIS correct?

From H1 Ewa bound, take the H2 cutoff. Stay in your right lane and take the Ka Uka Blvd cutoff. Stay in your right lane on the offramp. At the light, take your first RIGHT turn and follow the winding roadway to the entrance of Mililani Memorial Park. Drive forward and take your first RIGHT to take you to the Mauka Chapel, the newer one of the two chapels on site.

Mililani Memorial used to have a website, but it's dead (appropriately); sure would have been helpful in all this...

Comment

Yep. Das da directions.

If anyone needs a ride, Leimomi can hold four (including me).

PM me.

I'm leaving at 9:30 a.m.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

The mourners ~ employees, friends and customers. Her constant companion, a beautiful dog was restless. He sensed her passing. A man was playing the organ...a mix of beautiful American and Hawaiian Melodies. As I looked around, people sat by themselves or in small groups. Remembering the woman ~ Annette La Mariana Nahinu.

I saw the waitress who served us one Christmas Party. She was distraught. I hugged her and thanked her...from all of us, at HawaiiThreads.com.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Re: La Mariana Sailing Club UPDATE

Anyone been there recently? I heard they were having problems with the state and their lease, but a friend just sent me this info:

Here's an interesting and odd update for you:
              It sounds like the state or county is making La Mariana abide by some outdated rules/laws that they are supposed to be a private sailing club. Don't know the whole story - I'll find out more next time I'm there. We had to rush to get people to the airport. Has something to do with being attached to the marina.
              Anyway, I was just there yesterday, and they had signs up saying that La Mariana is a private club and is for members only. No need to worry though, they now offer a "social membership" which is free, you just need to fill out a form when you get there and you get your own little membership card. They also offer a $50 associate and $100 full membership. Both get you 10% off on drinks, and the full adds food and lots of other benefits.
              Just a great example of how the state makes it difficult to run a business out here!
              One great thing to note. They have hired back their old maintenance guy who had some "disagreements" with Annette, and he is really cleaning up the place. Everything from cleaning the dead bugs out of the float lights, to putting new coats of varnish on the tikis and bamboo railings. The place is looking its best in years.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Sweet and sour...

Sounds like it's time to head on over and enjoy the old joint again.

Typical HI State humbuggers. At least they found away around the hassles. Hope the membership card looks cool!
                https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

It will be interesting to hear the whole story. I can think of a couple of possibilities, but they'd just be a wild guess.

Comment

I took family there for lunch last month. They absolutely loved it...the food, the ambiance, everything! Must admit, the food had improved. I didn't notice that the facility looked better or worse, for that matter. It's still the coolest place around!

Comment

Working...
                    X