Layoffs In Hawaii Just Starting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layoffs In Hawaii Just Starting?

Okay, so I'm not going to say anything we don't already know, but why is it when Mon and Pop Hawaii business suffer as they are now, they have to deal with it but when the majors (hotels, car rentals blah, blah blah) have an issue out here they cry to the tourism board for help?

And, if the layoffs are starting now, what do you thik is going to happen after Labor Day?

I'm sure I have an answer of sorts but I thought I would just kick it out to you all.......
    Aloha!

Geebz

Re: Layoffs In Hawaii Just Starting?

Another interesting observation is that when a company (such as in construction) lays off 50 people a week for 4 weeks, that is not noticed. But, lay off the same number of people (200) all at one time, and it makes front page news.
    Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Bummer - Sea Life Park Layoffs....

http://www.bizjournals.com/pacific/s...ml?jst=b_ln_hl
      Aloha!

Geebz

Comment

Get used to it, and a whole lot more. This is just the tip of the iceburg.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
          Get used to it, and a whole lot more. This is just the tip of the iceburg.
          Yup! And all the guys laughing at us warning people are gonna be standing in soup lines, cuz- "It happened to our grandparents, but it can't happen to us" mentality.

Comment

Yes!, and expect more to come, especially after "Labor Day". Be prepared to see layoffs from the Hotel`s.
            Construction are already taking a toll, Restaurants have cut back on staff, look at the classified ads and you see how bad this has gotten.
            Oh well, maybe we should advertise more and get more ?????? ,"Tourist".
            See, what happens when we only depend on one industry. So, now what?, Go back to the drawing board and calculate what to do!!!!!
            We build, build, but don`t realize someday we built too much!!!
            I not against changes, just controlling and using common sense.
            If we have water shortage, then why?, keep building more. Now that the tourist industry is in a slum. Shall we keep advertising for more.....
            I`m speaking for my Island Maui. We are the 2nd as far as occuapancy, behind Honolulu, an yet our Island gives of a negative feed back.
            You gotta have a license to marry on the beach, TVR, all screwed up, ect
            Very negative inpact that goes from "mouth to mouth".
            "Now", do you think the problem can be solved when you have all this limitation!!!
            Too late. occupancy is already down by 23%, and now they want to advertise. Hotel`s have been enjoying their profits for years, now they want to cater to the local`s.
            JUST HANG IN THERE HAWAII WE GONNA GET THRU THIS MESS!!!

oggboy
            bin dea-dunn dat.

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen:

Fasten your seatbelts. It's gonna get a lot worse. For one, Lehman and AIG aren't the only ones to cave in. How many more institutions can the government save? And, do you think the government can run a business better than the private sector? Don't let the stock market fool you. It's all based on pure speculation. Like the American dollar, it's not backed by gold, but based on reputation and controlling people's perception of what they think its worth. But like politicians who get caught with their pants down, like Senator John Edwards, reputations can go splat!

Comment

Working...
              X