Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

The teaser is out and it looks very "dark" for a children's movie....maybe it's not meant for the kiddies

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/07/30...-trailer-mean/
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Originally posted by alohabear View Post
    The teaser is out and it looks very "dark" for a children's movie....maybe it's not meant for the kiddies

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/07/30...-trailer-mean/
    I wonder how the kids were able to read the Half-Blood Prince volume and not have nightmare.

Maybe they should tone down the graphic images?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

I think when JK did the Goblet Of Fire, she knew she wasn't writing for kids anymore....BTW, didn't the trailer look like a Horror movie?
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Well from what I remember when going thru Half Blood Prince the book heavily focuses on Harry & Dumbledore plus few others I rather not say. The trailer is just giving you what to expect.

Comment

This movie openned on July 15, 2009.

Comment

My husband wanted to camp out for the midnight showing. Luckily, I talked him into waiting until tomorrow, so we're going to the 9:40am at the IMAX.

Normally, camping out for a movie would be fun, but he has to be at work early and Jason + little sleep = BIG cranky.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Saw this movie this morning with Albert at the Ward Theater. To be honest I am kind of netural about the Harry Porter series as in I never read the books, this is the second movie I have seen and if someone gave a trivia quiz about the series I would score around the D region.

While the movie was kind of long, I didn't at anytime think to myself "I wish this movie would end already" or being bored by watching this movie. However I did feel like I came in the middle of the story but that's due to me not seeing the other previous movies.

Comment

Well, we saw it and Jason was most unimpressed. Whenever a new HP movie comes out, he rereads the book right before we go see it so it's fresh in his mind. So he had all these comparisons and was upset that so much got left out, that some major scenes were changed around, etc. Same thing every fan says.

I thought it good. The movies haven't been following all that closely since the 4th one. They can't. The books are just too long and have too much detail and too many characters and subplots. But the last 2 movies had PG13 ratings and I think this one should have as well. Not because it was scary, but the director should have allowed it to be darker and not toned down. The author herself even said by this point in the series, these books were not for kids anymore. It disappointed me that they decided to appeal to the holy $ instead of making an even better film.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

It wasn't one of my favorite books nor is this one of my favorite films, but who cares ... anyone who loves Harry (and Rowling) is obviously going to see it.

As for having to leave things out because the book was too long, I hear the final one will split the book into two films.

I have to admit I did enjoy this one.

What I really wonder is what Rowling is going to write next.

Comment

I'm not a big HP fan. I read the first book when my wife and daughter were interested in them, but didn't like it enought to want to read any of the others.

I have seen most of the movies and this one was a little better than the others. I did find myself checking emails and even nodding off in a couple of places. I also had the impression that this was the final movie, so I was expecting some sort of conclusion or showdown with Voldmort. - sigh - I guess I'm going to have to sit through even more of these things.
                    ~~~~~~
                    Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

Originally posted by HanaleiRay View Post
                      I did find myself checking emails and even nodding off in a couple of places.
                      Uhhh...you might want to avoid some of the folks in this thread...

Comment

I'm a fan of the HP movies and books and would recommmend to wait until this comes out on video.
                        What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Uhhh...you might want to avoid some of the folks in this thread...
                          ha!, yeah I would have been more careful if it was the first week that the movie was out and if the theater hadn't been filled with little kids that were making frequent trips to the lobby and kicking the back of my chair all through the show. It was an afternoon matinee, less than half full and most of the audience was under 10.

The matinee also explains why I was dozing off.
                          ~~~~~~
                          Hanalei Bay Resort | Waipouli Beach Resort | Kuhio Shores

Comment

Originally posted by HanaleiRay View Post
                            It was an afternoon matinee, less than half full and most of the audience was under 10.
                            Oh, then you don't have to worry --- half of them probably had cell phones on!

Comment

Working...
                            X