Colt vs. The Colts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colt vs. The Colts

The owner of the Washington Redskins likes the veteran big name. So maybe, we might see a Colt Brennan for Brett Favre trade, straight up.

Comment

That would be interesting. Followers of the NFL Draft thread will remember that I predicted the Packers would draft him anyway. I also thought Chicago or Baltimore could have been nice fits for Brennan. Still, Jason Campbell is not (in my eyes) a proven NFL QB, so Brennan may be in exactly the right place.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

As you might expect, a lot of the write-ups for yesterday's game focus on Brennan. The early preseason makes it possible for the possible third-string QB to be the most interesting thing.

The best of the articles I've seen is from the Washington Post, but be warned there's a semi-insulting comment from Colt at the very end.

Oh, and a pretty good blog post.
        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Semi-insulting indeed! How could he not include the UH babes?
          https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Found a short Colt high-lite reel of the game, and he looked typically sharp on his passing, but some awkward movement in the pocket. Madden sure liked him, would have liked to heard more of that.
            Someone sed he was limping a bit.

Comment

A fine debut for young Colt Brennan. 9-10, 123 yds, 2 td's, and a 157 rating. Won the game, essentially, for the Redskins. His accuracy is unquestionable.

But one game doth not a career make. He's off to a fine start though.
              FutureNewsNetwork.com
              Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                But one game doth not a career make. He's off to a fine start though.
                The same could be said of the No. 1 draft pick. Do we experience the same ups and downs of his career as we would with other Hawaii-based and Hawaii-born athletes in sports?

Do we praise him for his impressive performance on the field that result in a win for the Redskins? Do we criticize him for his poor performance that result in a loss for the Redskins? Do we point out rookie mistakes he make?
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Well, we talk about it. There's so little, outside baseball, to talk about in the sports world in the doldrums of the NFL preseason. We all agree that the exhibition season means nothing, but we still watch the games and we still talk. It's part of the fun of the anticipation leading up to the season.

Baseball is the best game for talking; it's actually built into the gameplay itself. Catchers talk to pitchers, second basemen talk to shortstops, managers talk to coaches, spectators talk to each other. But football's good for it too, between games. Because of the weekly nature of the schedule, we get two days of action followed by five days of armchair quarterbacking. It's great. Except for the Oakland Raiders and Washington Redskins, there is no team whose third-string quarterback I could even guess at. That's what makes this fun. I hope Colt gets to play every game of the preseason because it gives us something to talk about all the way up to that first game.
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Probably the best NFL game I ever watched was in the early 90s between the Raiders and Redskins at the end of the season when neither had anything to play for. But they played like it was the title of the Universe on the line, from the first play to the last.

Comment

Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                      I've wished he were a Niner...
                      I respectfully(???) disagree.

Comment

Nice stats, but a chunk of those defenders the 'Skins faced are fighting for roster spots and will be out of the league in a year or two.
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Coach wasn't all cheers, seems he deemed Colt to be risking a lot of his throws.

Maybe playing against 1st stringers would have proved him right.

Comment

Well I guess I provide updates on Colt Brennan as the Redskins are playing the Buffalo Bills.

Watching the 'Skins telecast, Mike Patrick and Joe Theismann doing the call.
                            Theismann made a reference to Colt about performances that new Coach Zorn made.
                            Basically saying that Colt was lucky on a couple of throws.
                            Had a piece at the start of the 2nd Quarter, saying the 'Skins do have high hopes for Brennan.

Colt made his first appearence in the 3rd Quarter, nice ovation from the 'Skins home crowd at he came in.
                            First series, 1 of 2 for 8 yds. Redskins kicked FG..score currently Skins 17, Bills 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
                              Well I guess I provide updates on Colt Brennan as the Redskins are playing the Buffalo Bills.
                              Is it on cable or one of the major network (I'm guessing NOT NBC)?

Comment

NFL Network via DiSH.

Comment

Working...
                                X