Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Outcome of Penance

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
    Pure, putrescent, pretentious poopycock [sic].

"I am made entirely of flaws; stitched together with good intentions".

This means your flaws are held together by your flaws. As such, what have you to offer other than yet another bad example?

"I dislike to play with my words." He says as he plays with his words.
    "I am careful with my words." He says as he errs markedly with his words.
    "I am an old soul with a bright spirit." Here comes those flaws again.
    "I don't have secrets; I have tales to tell." He says, 'I know no truth, but will tell lies', as truth is always and only a secret, though often shrouded in tall tales.
    "I am an endless novel of pleasure and sorrow." Another verbose, literary hedonist.
    "I dislike negative energy; I see it as wasted energy." Energy is energy, reject all you wish, more remains for those with purpose.

Life is easy, the challenge is death. If and when you conquer it, you'll be an adult.

both a philosophical and creative approach/interpretation of the original post. me thinks, however, that Seeking Penance has reached the age of majority, now generally 21 years old thereby making him/her an adult.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

.. nice intro! .. welcome aboard, SP!!

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
        LOL, if you believe that's a response to my post
        More of a pre-sponse, actually.

Thanks to SP for an intriguing thread, instigating an unexpected philosophical discussion.

Comment

: o hi this is amati and at least penance knows how to make his thoughts into more than just one long sentence and knows how to throw in some punctuation once in a while which is very cool.

Well thank's for your time:O)
          Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
            : o hi this is amati and at least penance knows how to make his thoughts into more than just one long sentence and knows how to throw in some punctuation once in a while which is very cool.

Well thank's for your time:O)
            Haaaaa! HaHa!! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!! Post of the day!!

Welcome SP!
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

maybe so but SP didn't suffer a childhood head injury either.
              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by cynsaligia View Post
                Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. But then again, I sense some flaw.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Now how the heck do you know that about SP? Gee, maybe SP has a spelling disability (dyslexia), where is the mercy being shown to newbie SP?

But, also for consideration, what is actually more helpful to someone - to remind and help teach life skills, or to continually overlook challenging areas so that there is no encouragement towards improvement?
                  Last edited by Amati; August 5, 2008, 05:56 PM.

Comment

we're all "diffrent" li'dat.

dat's why hahd.
                    "chaos reigns within.
                    reflect, repent and reboot.
                    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                      Now how the heck do you know that about SP? Gee, maybe SP has a spelling disability (dyslexia), where is the mercy being shown to newbie SP?

But, also for consideration, what is actually more helpful to someone - to remind and help teach life skills, or to continually overlook challenging areas so that there is no encouragement towards improvement?
                      Wait a minute, is SP having fun yet? Let's remember this person said they were a free-lance journalist so why can't we expect them to make an effort at simple spelling? When someone pronounces they are "careful with their words," then we can draw attention to the fact that actually they are not.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

sansei is nothing if not completely genuine always. i find that undeniably admirable in him.

there are those here who are sansei's lesser in that aspect and more.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

- is nothing if not completely genuine always. i find that undeniably admirable in him.
                          So nice of you to identify him by name.
                          Last edited by helen; August 5, 2008, 09:26 PM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Comment

of course, amati. i was being complimentary towards sansei. why shouldn't i have said his name?

btw, since i'm currently on the eastern shore of the philippines, i'm the closest i'll ever be to your chinese ancestors. guess what? not a boo from them yet.

Comment

Seeking Penance is tickled blue. Seeking Penance is male. Seeking Penance welcomes opinions, criticism etc.

I am not easily intimidated. I have heard the worst but I am sure I have not heard all of it yet. I am built to last.

I found myself a new home with Hawaii Threads. Thank you all for welcoming me with insults and criticism. I like it rough and dirty.

Seeking Penance was thrown at me by surprise; in due time I will explain. In the mean time I will work on my spelling. *kicks the wall*

English is my second language. (Is that plenty enough excuse?)

I am home at last.

Till we chat again.

If I have mispelled a word; punish me. (lol)
                              stay forever young

Comment

Right on SP!!!

Gotta luv it li'dat.
                                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X