Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineapple Express

Anyone catch this one yet?

It had a great track by local reggae band Brother Noland called "Coconut Girl." It even has "Hiilawe" playing in a particularly cute scene.
    ---
    Gene

"A man can surely do what he wills to do, but cannot determine what he wills." - Schopenhauer

Re: Pineapple Express

Not yet. I didn't think it opened the middle of the week but maybe I can watch it on Thursday night.

Comment

The Soundtrack sounds good. Huey Lewis and the News(remember them?) does the title track and the hot song by M.I.A. Paper Planes is featured.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Albert and I saw Pineapple Express today at Ward. It's playing on the smaller screen and most of the seats were filled when we saw it.

The movie was pretty funny, but the movie is R-rated due to the language and violent scenes in it.

Comment

I thought the movie was funny. BUT it got a little too unrealistic.

Not that movies can't be unrealistic, but i don't think it worked well for this movie.
          website - http://www.brianhancock.com
          blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

At Kalama last weekend, Brother Noland spoke about having "Coconut Girl" in the movie, as well as other films that have used his music, such as "Snakes On A Plane."

His word to describe the whole experience? "Trippy."

Comment

Movie is out on DVD today and yeah I was trippin out seeing "Brother Nolan"/"Noland" on the sdtk, could this be who I think it is when I was listening to the CD?!?

Comment

I thought this movie was hilarious! Obviously it's over the top and unrealistic (a lot of stuff with Ben Stiller is) but the way that was done is what made it funny.
                What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens

Comment

Ben Stiller was in this? I must have missed that part.

This film, written by the Apatow/Rogen/Goldberg team, is equal parts stoner buddy flick and buddy action flick. It’s a good idea, and Rogen’s Dale Denton is a good character. He means well and he’s got a good heart, but his priorities are juvenile and slightly out of whack, mostly because of weed. The problem is everybody else in the movie.

Denton’s friends are either detestable or uninteresting, so the buddy aspect of the film is a huge disappointment. The action sequences are interesting but they’re too long! I did laugh out loud a few times, mostly because Rogen just does that to me. That’s worth a few points. However, you get the feeling that what Denton needs are some better, more interesting friends with whom he can have smarter, more interesting conversation. I hear there may be a sequel, so here’s hoping.

4/10 (IMDb rating)
                  46/100 (Criticker rating)
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                  X