HAWAII'S BRYAN CLAY WON THE GOLD!

Comment

• Re: And so the 2008 Beijing Olympic begins

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
      Ummm...Helloooooooo!!!

HAWAII'S BRYAN CLAY WON THE GOLD!
      yeah!!!!!!!!!! isn't it amazing?!?!

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/bei...v=ap&type=lgns
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

• Re: 2008 Beijing Olympic Games AMUSE

I got this in an e-mail (and I actually heard #3 myself!):

Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sports commentators so far during the Olympics that they would like to take back:

1. Weight-lifting commentator: 'This is Gregorieva from Bulgaria . I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing.'

2. Dressage commentator: 'This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.'

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: 'I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.'

4. Boxing Analyst: 'Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.'

5. Softball announcer: 'If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.'

6. Basketball analyst: 'He dribbles a lot and the opposition doesn't like it. In fact you can see it all over their faces.'

7. At the rowing medal ceremony: 'Ah, isn't that nice, the wife of the IOC president is hugging the cox of the British crew.'

8. Soccer commentator: 'Julian Dicks is everywhere. It's like they've got eleven Dicks on the field.'

9. Tennis commentator: 'One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them... Oh my God, what have I just said?'

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Excellent!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

First, Natasha Kai gets a team gold medal with the USA women's soccer team. Now, Bryan Clay wins an individual gold medal in the decathlon. Are these the first born in Hawaii athletes to win a gold medal on a land competition and not in a water event?

Comment

When the Waipio game was going on, the station ran the score ticker for other sports. I didn't want to watch the USA-Brazil women's volleyball gold medal match after seeing the result.

Comment

• Re: 2008 Beijing Olympic Games AMUSE

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                I got this in an e-mail (and I actually heard #3 myself!):
                Sorry, but that nine-comment-list that was sent to you is just another of those "emailed rumors". Those same quotes were passed around during the Summer 2004 Olympics, and reported in Sept. 2004 on Snopes.Com.
                http://www.snopes.com/humor/lists/olympics.asp
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Hawaii born Bryan Clay is the most versatile athlete in the world right now. Also, Hawaii born Clay Stanley is the best volleyball player in the world.
                  Funny how air pollution wasn't a problem in Beijing just by shutting down their industries.
                  Last edited by Walkoff Balk; August 24, 2008, 08:47 PM. Reason: add

Comment

now that the olympics are over, nbc isn't pulling youtube video clips about the games; this clip is not for the squemish tho: some weight lifter's elbow pops out and ends up in a weird position. you've been warned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI0Zl...eature=related
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                      Funny how air pollution wasn't a problem in Beijing just by shutting down their industries.
                      That means less stuff in your local stores are "Made In China."
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                        now that the olympics are over, nbc isn't pulling youtube video clips about the games; this clip is not for the squemish tho: some weight lifter's elbow pops out and ends up in a weird position. you've been warned!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI0Zl...eature=related
                        Nope. Seen the picture. Never like see how it got that way.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          That means less stuff in your local stores are "Made In China."
                          Where was the tourist guy with, "I went to Beijing, and all I got was this t-shirt that reads "Got Lead in China?" This t-shirt was probably manufactured by child labor in the Kathy Lee Gifford's line of clothing at Walmart.

Comment

Working...
                          X