Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: And so the 2008 Beijing Olympic begins

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
    Was it better than the video of the courtyard shot of all the prisoners in orange jumpsuits dancing in precision to Thriller?
    Nope. The filipino prisoners are much better dancers.

Maybe the closing ceremony will be better. I expect international singing sensation Jackie Chan to perform.
    Last edited by Random; August 9, 2008, 01:11 PM.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
      NBC is controlling all access to Olympic material in the US, so any YouTube clips of the Olympics is quickly removed.
      Ah, so that's why I haven't found any youtube footage of President Bush striking his miniature American flag with his knee over and over.

Comment

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that in the bug eating competition a Hawaiian gecko is heavily favored, but there is some concern that the Chinese gecko may have been "tampered" with. Any truth to this????? I believe that the Olympic officials are already looking into the matter.....

Aloha and okolemaluna
        Oh, and I also heard that the Hawaiian gecko was from Molokai....how are things over there these days?????? GO MO'O!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Holonalu View Post
          Aloha and okolemaluna
          Oh, and I also heard that the Hawaiian gecko was from Molokai....how are things over there these days?????? GO MO'O!!!
          I don't know whether I should be proud or not. So long it keeps my house free of roaches and grounded termites and leave their droppings in once place for me to clean up quick...

Comment

So, I'm watching a men's basketball game online, Russian Federation vs. Iran ... and the Russian team have a black player!

Go Comrades Russkies! Kick some Iranian asses ... or whatever you call a camel's behind.

Comment

Wow, much like their president, the Iranian team sucks.

I stand corrected, the Russian team have more than one black players. Too bad their President have the soul of Hitler.

Interesting design on the basketball.

Comment

People, people, lets keep the politics separate from the games as is the intent of the Olympics. No matter what you feel towards China or any other country, it's all about the Games. BTW that was a fricken AWESOME openning ceremony. Hate to be in London's shoes to have to follow Beijing.
                GO RAIL GO!!!

Comment

This thread definitely got old real fast as some people can't appreciate the athletes themselves. If anything, it reflects poor judgment. There is a political thread if one needs to discuss politics.

Comment

Originally posted by bf334 View Post
                    People, people, lets keep the politics separate from the games as is the intent of the Olympics. No matter what you feel towards China or any other country, it's all about the Games. BTW that was a fricken AWESOME openning ceremony. Hate to be in London's shoes to have to follow Beijing.
                    London can do better.

Comment

Because none of the Hamm brothers are on the team, who is the best athlete to lead the men's gymnastic team?

Comment

I am a sucker for the Olympics. Give me any event; just put it on the screen and I'll watch it. I especially like the swimming, cycling, volleyball, and basketball events, but also dig soccer and track. I'm not into women's gymnastics, steeplechase, or synchronized swimming. Great opening ceremony; I didn't think the torch-lighting was as cool as the flaming arrow in Barcelona in '92, but this was probably a strong second.
                        But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

The AF is, much like Scrivener, an Olympi-holic. She'll watch as much as she can (and agrees with Scrivener's flaming-arrow assessment), and while we don't have all the digital-cable multi-channel options, we can watch NBC and the Canadian CBC coverage - the latter being in real-time, and nearly constant coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                            This thread definitely got old real fast as some people can't appreciate the athletes themselves. If anything, it reflects poor judgment. There is a political thread if one needs to discuss politics.
                            You can't deny that the political climate in the host country of the Olympics adds more interest for a casual viewer.

The athlete for this Olympics will be as Chris Berman would say, Michael "Good Morning" Mr. Phelps.

Comment

I vote for a separate political/olympics thread...or...make this thread political and have a separate athletic/olympics thread!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                I vote for a separate political/olympics thread...or...make this thread political and have a separate athletic/olympics thread!
                                I didn't realize discussing the missing Hamm brothers is political?

Comment

Working...
                                X