Little League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little League

Isn't there a team from Hawaii in a regional final today? I looked in today's sports section, and there's nothing about it.
    Last edited by Walkoff Balk; August 10, 2008, 01:33 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: Little League

Yup, the Waipio Little League won the west region and will be going to Williamsport for the LL World Series!! They beat Henderson Neveda today 4-3 to advance. Game was on ESPN2 this afternoon. Good Luck to Waipio!!
    GO RAIL GO!!!

Comment

That was a very exciting game.

Oh man, that Tanner Tokunaga deserves a pat on the back. He struggled in the beginning, and as a result, Nevada scored and tied it 3-3. But he kept his cool, and the kid looked like he was about to collapse in relief after that final out in the 6th.

I can't wait to see how far these kids go!
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Waipio plays their second game in the LLWS today at 2:00 on ESPN2. The team's fourth batter in the lineup got a fracture on a hit by a pitch. The fourth hitter is usually the best player on the team. They have to play the fundementals and scrappy, which is a trademark of Hawaii teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
          Waipio plays their second game in the LLWS today at 2:00 on ESPN2. The team's fourth batter in the lineup got a fracture on a hit by a pitch. The fourth hitter is usually the best player on the team. They have to play the fundementals and scrappy, which is a trademark of Hawaii teams.
          WOOHOO!!!! GRAND SLAM FOR TOKUNAGA!!!

Hawaii 10, Florida 2

ETA: Hawaii advances to the U.S. semifinals!!!
          Last edited by Lei Liko; August 17, 2008, 04:57 PM. Reason: updated with the result

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
            ETA: Hawaii advances to the U.S. semifinals!!!
            Very cool. I've got a team to root for the rest of the way. Go Hawai'i!

Comment

HI 9 WA 4 Final

Hawai'i will play Louisiana for US Finals - winner plays Japan

Waipio - No ka oi!!!

Comment

How exciting! Go Waipio!

Comment

Waipio plays a team from the Cajun state Saturday morning at 9:00 AM on KITV. Don't miss the action. To be the best in the nation. There won't be any question?

Comment

Waipio scored an amazing come from behind victory 7-5 against Lake Charles, LA.

They were behind for the first five innings...then BAM! 6 runs scored right after they were 3 outs away from being eliminated.

HO-LY COW.

What a game...both teams played their hearts out.

Comment

Congrats Waipio!
                      Great comeback!

Good luck against Mexico tomarrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Lei Liko View Post
                        HO-LY COW.
                        Great comeback! One more game to go!!

Comment

The only slim hope I had that Waipio would make such a comeback was having the Louisiana starting pitcher reach the limit in pitch count. I felt sorry for that Louisiana pitcher whose nickname was Iceman. From his body language, you had the feeling something bad would happen to him. He was crying after the game.
                          This game reminded me of the 1986 Boston-NY Mets World Series Game 6. The ground ball to first base was bobbled that brought a big run without an out being made. Iceman reminded me of Boston's Bob Stanley when he came into pitch. The look in his eyes that the one pitch to stop the rally was not going to happen.
                          The championship game between Waipio vs. the team from Mexico is scheduled for 9:30 AM on KITV.
                          Last edited by Walkoff Balk; August 23, 2008, 07:37 PM. Reason: add

Comment

Unreal rally. I had been watching it this morn but my wife wanted me to go shopping with her so I DVRed it. Bah!! it stopped recording at 2:30 right in the middle of the comeback!

Congrats to the kids! Representing Hawaii AND the US tomorrow... go get 'em!

Comment

My husband is absolutely beside himself. He hasn't missed a minute of any game. I'm thrilled too, but maybe not as much as him, but that's a guy thing I think.

OK, maybe someone can clear something up for me. Where are these kids from? I was under the impression that they were from Waipio on Oahu. I really think the commentators have no clue. If you notice, they don't even say the name of the town they're from. When they played Shelton, CT, they kept saying Shelton vs Hawaii. Yesterday(? severe jet lag going on here) they did a whole piece on Waipio on the BI. Then they flashed up the name as Waipahu. I would think this was a big deal in whichever town it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X