Proof of Auto Insurance Gripe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Proof of Auto Insurance Gripe

I have yet to hear from Liberty Mutual about the status of my claim for the $500 deductible. I had previously returned their call for information - they have not returned my return call nor responded to a subsequent inquiry from me.

I could make good use of that money on my trip to Hilo in two weeks ....... can buy a lot of OMIYAGE from Big Island Candy, KTA, Punaluu Bakery, and Two Ladies' Kitchen.

Comment

If you think that LM is giving you the runaround on your claim, call the state commerce & consumer affairs (DCCA) office to file a complaint. And if you haven't done so already, start documenting everything, including unanswered letters and phone calls with LM.

Good luck.
      This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Liberty Mutual denied liability despite the fact that their insured was behind and tried to pass me where there was only one lane to exit from Pearl Ridge Center. I did not turn into his path: the medial is fenced-off and ALL outgoing traffic MUST turn right. But, my carrier did not deem the claim to be financially worthwhile to pursue arbitration, so the file has been closed. So, I had to "eat" the $500 deductible, which I really didn't. I just didn't get to collect the $500 from Liberty Mutual. The main thing is that it was NOT a "chargeable" claim against me.

Comment

Couldn't the kid change his flight ticket and stay on with you just long enough to get his licence in Hawaii? Or fly back to Hawaii to take the test, to avoid waiting six months?
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
          X