• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Another takeover of Iolani Palace

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    C’mon Burl, that’s a cop out.
    "Cop out," heh heh.

I'm curious that --- apparently --- both an officer on the scene and the 911 operators raised the jurisdiction issue when asked for help. That doesn't sound like a snap judgement. Sounds like a point that had already became department policy.

'Iolani Palace is owned by the state and operated by a non-profit so that it may be accessed by the world as a showcase of Hawaiian culture. There is a generation that has grown up "entitled" to believe it is stolen property.
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Maybe the other sovereignty groups should provide security for Iolani Palace?

Rather presumptious to declare oneself the "heir to the Hawaiian throne" and to claim he's "acknowledged by major sovereignty groups". Does a diservice to his fellow Hawaiians.

Ah well. Like they say in show business. Any publicity is good publicity.

I notice their website doesn't use AdSense. That's a shame. They could have banked. They need to get on the ball, if they hope to take over Hawaii.

The Kingdom of Hawaii, Nation.
      The Hawaiian Kingdom Government.
      The Judean People's Front.
      The People's Front of Judea.
      The Association of the Sovereign Order of the Temple of Christ.

KOH,N has the same letters as KHON.

They might have better luck suing the descendants of Captain Cook for $150B. I just hope they remember to hire lawyers schooled in U.S. law and not some uncle schooled in ancient Hawaiian law.
      Last edited by MyopicJoe; August 18, 2008, 08:28 AM.
      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
      "
      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Did you see Saturday and Sunday's posts on Ian Lind's blog?
        Haha. That was a good one. Thanks for linking, LikaNui.
        "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
        "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
        "
        Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
          What I want to know is: Did everyone put on their booties?

Today's Advertiser article quotes someone saying that they did wear booties because they knew the floor was delicate (although they apparently weren't wearing booties later).

Comment

They also opened doors with a sledgehammer and crowbar.
            Burl Burlingame
            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
              They also opened doors with a sledgehammer and crowbar.
              Ah, now that's the kind of respectful behavior that will draw favorable attention to their cause.

So unfortunate. I think Keanu had it right when he said:
              Originally posted by Keanu View Post
              this kinds of antic serves no real purpose aside from unintentionally casting the Hawaiian sovereignty movement in a negative light.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post
                Just read a bunch of comments in the Star website. Gosh, I'm cracking up.

I have this vision of Don Knotts playing the king, and slapstick comedy watching him and his group of nitwits try to find the throne.

And Keanu thinking MY post was offensive. Bwahahahahahahahahaha. Gut hurts. Tears flowing. Cheeks are cramping from the perma-smile.
                Exactly my sentiments when I read your "regulator" comments. That was hilarious!

Considering the source of the distasteful comments on Kamehameha, I shouldn't have been offended; I should have realized then what I realize now...you are just an incorrigible, ignorant, buffoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Ah, now that's the kind of respectful behavior that will draw favorable attention to their cause.

So unfortunate. I think Keanu had it right when he said:

Yikes, I really need to read my posts before I send it. I meant to say this kind of antic.

Comment

Might I inquire as to which statements were "distasteful". ??

Or my statements on King K were lies? Come on Keanu...this will be fun.....no harm intended.

Ah yes....name calling....a safe harbor.
                    Last edited by timkona; August 18, 2008, 04:22 PM.
                    FutureNewsNetwork.com
                    Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Originally posted by timkona View Post

I have this vision of Don Knotts playing the king, and slapstick comedy watching him and his group of nitwits try to find the throne.
                      Wasn't there a movie in the 1970's with Don Knotts called The Apple Dumpling Gang? Where's Dorf on Golf? So, Will this incident have The Mountain Apple Gang?

Comment

Hilarious....Apple Dumpling Gang...thats totally what I was thinking of but could not remember the name.
                        FutureNewsNetwork.com
                        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

More security measures and guards will be put in place at the Palace.
                          Honolulu Advertiser Article
                          Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Glad to see changes in attitude are taking place, even if it should have been common sense all along.

The other day, the Muffster was babbling, "This is a state facility. This is state property. HPD just can't go in unless they're asked."

Even in a scenario where an officer is witnessing an assault, as was alleged? Even if an HPD officer is in a place where he/she has no authority to perform an arrest, you wouldn't expect an officer to at least personally intervene? Wrong, Mufi. That's just plain wrong. Very surprising that an Ivy League education apparently isn't enough to get that one right.

Yesterday, common sense finally got through to him. "If a citizen, indeed, is in trouble, in harm's way, and calls 911, the Honolulu Police Department will respond. It doesn't matter what property it occurs on. It is important the people know that."
                            Last edited by Frankie's Market; August 20, 2008, 10:40 AM.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              Even in a scenario where an officer is witnessing an assault, as was alleged?
                              I’m not saying you are guilty of this, but it’s really interesting how HT members on this board continue to convict Donald Alfred Love-Boltz before he’s had his day in court. Frankly, video footage of the 73-year-old show a frail, elderly retiree that hardly appears disposed to assaulting “oh-so-innocent” palace employees. You would think his Army training would have disciplined the Iowa native not to engage in such a provocation.

Where is all the outrage for convicted felon Sgt. Eric Gomez, who not only has already been sentenced, he lost his appeal? Yet he is still not behind bars.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                                I’m not saying you are guilty of this, but it’s really interesting how HT members on this board continue to convict Donald Alfred Love-Boltz before he’s had his day in court. Frankly, video footage of the 73-year-old show a frail, elderly retiree that hardly appears disposed to assaulting “oh-so-innocent” palace employees. You would think his Army training would have disciplined the Iowa native not to engage in such a provocation.
                                TuNnL, it seems you are blaming the palace employee for being assaulted if I
                                read this comment correctly.

"73-year-old show a frail, elderly retiree that hardly appears disposed to assaulting “oh-so-innocent” palace employees"

Firstly NO ONE deserves to be assaulted. On top of that, I don't want to hear any collateral damage excuses from you. These thugs illegally trespassed on to the palace grounds.Thus employees had every right to be
                                there and hold their ground.

On that note, even if someone filmed this incident and posted the assault on YouTube you'd still not believe it.
                                Check out my blog on Kona issues :
                                The Kona Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X