Multicultural Hawai`i!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multicultural Hawai`i!

I was going to add this to the "white baby" thread, but I think I will start another instead.

Last night we took mainland family members to a local event that is not part of our usual culture. We went to meet friends there, and had a good time.

During the ride home, the visitors were trying to identify the specific races of the friends we were with. I found that not only could we not racially identify our friends, but my son and I were not interested in picking out the specifics. "I don't know! He's just my friend!" echoed in the darkened car.

It was an enlightening moment for me. The boy has learned what I wanted him to learn. Race is not important. Now to keep it that way.

Re: Multicultural Hawai`i!

Blessed be you and yours, Cyleet. I don't know who you are, you are just my friend.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Exactly.

In Christ,

Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

One Planet. All Human. Get over it.
        FutureNewsNetwork.com
        Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Timkona, this is really hard for me to say knowing what a right-wing reactionary neocon conservative you are. But anti-racism trumps all other issues. Tim, YOU are my friend too!

This reminds me of the "Happy Days" segment where the Fonz has to eat crow. He just can't get it out, "I, I, I, I, I,mmmm S, S, So, Sor, Sor, Sorry!"

Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Oh Mata, you are so off target on that one.

I'm pure RepubliCRAT.

Why can't we have gay marriage AND prayer in school?
            Why can't we have solar power AND nuclear power?
            Why can't we have more roads AND more public transit?
            FutureNewsNetwork.com
            Energy answers are already here.

Comment

Working...
            X