Manapua Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manapua Madness

If anyone ever mentions manapua, I have the craving stick with me until I fill my craving. But I'm finding it harder & harder finding great manapua that is easily accessible.

I don't work downtown, and unless the craving is really really bad, I won't circle for parking for a treat that only costs $1.50! I went to Royal Kitchen a few months ago....to say the least, it was a scary experience. I just couldn't believe I used to run around that area when I was young! It was just filthy & surrounded by some..uh..not so nice characters.

I like the sweet bun of Chun Wah Kam's Baked manapua but I live in town & parking at their Kalihi location is always limited.

I don't care for libby manapua, but I think it's because I was gypped once by just getting the bao with no filling! lol

Anyone have any favorite manapua shops that are easy to get in & out? I prefer baked but I guess beggars can't be choosers!
    Bitter & Sweet....all in one bite.

Re: Manapua Madness

You should check out this thread that was started when HawaiiThreads.com was starting out.

For me I tend to have manapua from U Choice In at Don Quijote mainly because it's close by to where I live.

Comment

Top 5 ‘Ono Hawaiian Recipes for Chinese New Year (khon2.com)

Happy Chinese New Years!

Comment

Working...
      X