Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Who should be McCain's VP?

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    There are Americans who care less about a prez/vp's stance on foreign affairs, and more on their attitude towards internal affairs. Mainly to leave law abiding and self sufficient people alone.
    Yeah, it's now "us come first before the rest of the world (screw them)."
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      Only time will tell. Steamy is not even skin deep. Gracious? Getting her former brother-in-law fired and then lying about it?
      Ah. And all this time I thought she was inhuman.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
        Ah, Tutu, ya sweet young thang. I remember the Kennedy years well.
        I was one year shy of voting age and I was pi$$ed!
        [...]Camelot
        I remember the feelings Camelot elicited. There was something so regal about the first couple.
        Nikita leering at Jackie's decolletage
        Bwaha! Not to mention Marilyn Monroe's rendition of "Happy Birthday"!
        [...]But back on topic. Who would you choose to be President - Biden or Palin?
        Considering my political ignorance, this question best puts into perspective for me the topic of this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Dr. View Post
          I'm sorry, but how does "being in the spotlight" make him any more qualified than Gov. Palin? Because that should be what this is all about, shouldn't it?
          Absolutely. But certainly, being in the spotlight is part of the qualification process. Palin has been under it for less than 48 hours, and already a currently ongoing scandal of hers has been brought to the forefront. Being the chief executive means you need to be able to make snap decisions under national scrutiny. And unless you are a national leader to begin with, hiding in a state that rarely makes headlines means you are a Panos Prevedouros in a Mufi Hannemann world. In short, Palin is literally a babe in the woods, and has yet to be under the microscope. The only national t.v. interview I know of that she made, was one in which she made a complete ass of herself.

Some on this message board have argued for a shorter campaign season. I scoff at these individuals. The point of a long campaign is to see whether a candidate is able to weather the storm under the pressure of the national spotlight. Only after months of vetting and critical evaluation do we see which individual has demonstrated the strength of character that having to appeal to a diverse an audience as the U.S.A. and worldwide, can we truly know for sure that we have a worthy president or vice president-elect. The fact that you question the importance of this Spin Dr., demonstrates how naïve and illiterate you are of national politics.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
            If she wears that outfit I don't think she'll have any problem dealing with Vlad Putin.
            Ummm.. what's up with this picture? Is it for real? Where is it from (I know, madogre.com, but where is it culled from)? Is it from her online dating service? Halloween? Why does a lawmaker and potential VP have sexy photos available online? Doesn't make sense to me.
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
              Why does a lawmaker and potential VP have sexy photos available online?
              Because politicians are human, sexual creatures? At least she's more open about it, which beats skulking around a la Edwards, McCain, Gingrich, Clinton, Kennedy, et al.

I know - not much of an answer, but this whole tenor of discussion (the "babe-ness" of a vice presidential candidate) seems boringly irrelevant to me. She could be the hottest creature I've ever laid eyes upon (and Gov. Palin is FAR from that, imo), but she still ain't getting my vote, because her politics are so far from my own.

Comment

Ummm.. what's up with this picture? Is it for real?
                You’re kidding, right? Look carefully below the neckline. You do see where someone lazily (Photoshop™ingly) colored in the skin...right?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                  Because politicians are human, sexual creatures? At least she's more open about it, which beats skulking around a la Edwards, McCain, Gingrich, Clinton, Kennedy, et al.

I know - not much of an answer, but this whole tenor of discussion (the "babe-ness" of a vice presidential candidate) seems boringly irrelevant to me. She could be the hottest creature I've ever laid eyes upon (and Gov. Palin is FAR from that, imo), but she still ain't getting my vote, because her politics are so far from my own.
                  My feelings exactly. Well...I have different feelings when seeing her picture, but politics-wise, you're on the spot.
                  Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Ummm.. what's up with this picture? Is it from her online dating service? Halloween?
                    Cabo has an annual "Pimp and 'Ho Ball" to benefit the local animal shelter. THAT must be where the picture is from. Girl, you're a long way from Wasilla, pop. 6500.
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      You’re kidding, right? Look carefully below the neckline. You do see where someone lazily (Photoshop™ingly) colored in the skin...right?
                      Ohhh! oops, hee hee hee

I thought that was so strange that.. well, nevermind...

My mind was on football when I posted that this morning!
                      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Okay, if you all are going to be so frivolous as to talk about Sarah Palin's sex appeal, I will suggest that her hubby, the "first dude", Todd Palin, is every woman's dream guy: good-looking, common-sense smart, independent (politically), tough and competitive (not just the fact that he won that snowmobile contest 4 times, but the fact that he worked at the North Slope--that is grueling work in the harshest of working conditions), and yet is emotionally secure enough to be willing to act as Mr. Mom (chauferring the kids arounds to after-school activities, fixing dinner, etc.) in order to enable his wife to be governor. And the Hawaiian native part of me likes that he is part Alaska native (Yup'ik Eskimo).

High school sweethearts:

Now:

Family man:

/end frivilous post (and frivolous, too!)
                        Last edited by U'ilani; August 30, 2008, 01:51 PM.
                        * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                        - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                          Okay, if you all are going to be so frivilous as to talk about Sarah Palin's sex appeal
                          Not all of us, mind you. And yes, that's one handsomely photogenic family. As is Senator Obama's. Not that any of that has anything to do with why we should or should not support a candidate --- but thanks for providing some "frivolous" balance.

Comment

Yes, I did not mean you, LL.

Ack--and I cannot believe I misspelled frivolous!
                            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
                            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                              Because politicians are human, sexual creatures? At least she's more open about it, which beats skulking around a la Edwards
                              Interesting you should phrase it that way, Leo. I’m not sure Sarah Palin is necessarily “more open” about sexual creatures, particularly her daughter, Bristol. Like I told Spin Dr. earlier, it wouldn’t take long for the national spotlight to beat down on Gov. Palin. Remember, the truth of John Edwards’ adultery began with a “rumor” that the National Enquirer decided they would pursue.

Now there is a rumor that Palin’s fifth child (in itself a story because the infant has Down Syndrome) is not really hers. I must say it makes perfect sense. Very few 44-year-old women are still having kids, especially if they already have four and they happen to be busy running a state, as governor. No, according to several websites, the baby belongs to Palin’s 16-year-old daughter, Bristol, who was pulled out of school about five months before the baby was born.

Sounds like a scene from the new ABC hit series “The Secret Life Of the American Teenager

USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Woah, and woe!

I just checked out the various family photos taken when Sarah Palin would have been pregnant, and yeah, the daughter definitely looks pregnant; Gov. Palin, meanwhile, never has "the look" of a pregnant woman. My guess is that she didn't learn of her daughter's pregnancy until her daughter was far along--and probably after that one photo was taken that makes it all rather clear (otherwise they wouldn't have allowed the daughter to be photographed up front with her belly in full view). Astonishing. I wonder how that will impact all of the media talk during the RNC convention this week.

This presidential election never ceases to amaze.
                                - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Working...
                                X