Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who should be McCain's VP?

Originally posted by Kalihiboy View Post
    As for Palin's experience, geeze Linda Lingle has more experience than her.
    Why didnt he pick her?
    See Post #21 on this thread.

No offense to Linda Lingle.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
      You're being facetious, right? 10 of her 12 years of elected experience has been on the Wasilla (pop. 6500) City Council.

Obama is short on experience too, that's why he picked a winner in the person of Biden.
      You have to start somewhere, not everyone gets handpicked for a Senate gig.
      Despite all this talk or her being "unknown" appeared on CNBC and Glenn Beck's show months ago questioned about the VP position, so people have had an eye on her despite being from Alaska.

Comment

Just an observation: I find it interesting that some people seem to be people concerned with Palin's perceived lack of experience and being "one heartbeat from the Presidency," but have no problem with Obama's lack of experience running for the Presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
          See Post #21 on this thread.

No offense to Linda Lingle.

Damn straight!

http://www.parentdish.com/photos/ala...-palin/690775/

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja View Post
            so people have had an eye on her despite being from Alaska.
            As Frankie's Market noted - kudos for his having mentioned her, twice, before anyone else on HT.

I stand by my assessment from earlier - personally, I'm astounded that anyone who was once a supporter of Sen. Clinton could even think of jumping ship to vote for Sen. McCain - but there are many voters who are still saying that. If they can actually close their eyes to his record, his statements, and his party's platform, then come Election Day, they will even be able to swallow hard and close themselves off from such a hot-button topic as abortion.
            Originally posted by Spin Dr. View Post
            Just an observation: I find it interesting that some people seem to be people concerned with Palin's perceived lack of experience and being "one heartbeat from the Presidency," but have no problem with Obama's lack of experience running for the Presidency.
            See the second paragraph from post #18 in this thread.

Comment

No, it's just more like 'what a pathetic ticket'.

This will be news for a long time.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Spin Dr. View Post
                A legitimate observation. And here's my response:

Sen. Obama has been in the national spotlight since his momentous victory in the Iowa Democratic Caucus in January. He's been in scores of presidential debates. And voters have had a chance to get to know his background and to be comfortable with him, despite his relatively brief political career.

Gov. Palin? She gets into the national spotlight,.... today. She has 65 days to tell the nation abour her story and to establish her credentials before general election day. That's not a whole lot of time to re-assure voters who are just getting to know her.

So that's the way I see it. Both may be relatively inexperienced. But since Obama has been in the limelight seven months longer than Palin during this presidential campaign, it works out in his favor.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

I too am stunned by the choice of Palin and think it's a death-knell for McCain's campaign. The "heartbeat away from the Presidency" issue worries me a lot, especially since today is McCain's 72nd birthday and he's known to be in poor health. What happens if he wins and then dies the day after the inauguration? That's an extremely scary scenario!
                  What I'd love to see would be some debates between Biden and Palin. What a massacre!
                  Bottom line for me is that McCain failed drastically in his very first major decision.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    I stand by my assessment from earlier - personally, I'm astounded that anyone who was once a supporter of Sen. Clinton could even think of jumping ship to vote for Sen. McCain - but there are many voters who are still saying that. If they can actually close their eyes to his record, his statements, and his party's platform, then come Election Day, they will even be able to swallow hard and close themselves off from such a hot-button topic as abortion.
                    It's possible, to have a Republican President but a Democrat-controlled Congress willing to override his veto on any abortion bill.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                      Sen. Obama has been in the national spotlight since his momentous victory in the Iowa Democratic Caucus in January. He's been in scores of presidential debates. And voters have had a chance to get to know his background and to be comfortable with him, despite his relatively brief political career.
                      Not to mention that he drew much favorable attention for his keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in 2004.
                      Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      What I'd love to see would be some debates between Biden and Palin. What a massacre!
                      October 2, Washington University, St. Louis, MO Info here.
                      Last edited by Leo Lakio; August 29, 2008, 12:02 PM.

Comment

I too am stunned by the choice of Palin and think it's a death-knell for McCain's campaign. The "heartbeat away from the Presidency" issue worries me a lot, especially since today is McCain's 72nd birthday and he's known to be in poor health. What happens if he wins and then dies the day after the inauguration? That's an extremely scary scenario!
                        Bottom line for me is that McCain failed drastically in his very first major decision.
                        Kinda like watching Commander in Chief only in real life.

For the record, I like the short-lived series.

Comment

That argument has been done before and went nowhere?

Ronald Reagan....too old.
                          Dan Quayle....not experienced, not intelligent.

If McCain did pass away while in office she do what Obama is doing now, pick a VP who is a long in the tooth political retread to balance the inexperience of the leader.

Comment

A hilarious pic from this madogre.com:

Hillary must be stewing:

"By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                            "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                            "
                            Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

She's hot as balls. Where's my gun, I'm goin' cougar huntin'.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                                She's hot as balls. Where's my gun, I'm goin' cougar huntin'.
                                She's an avid hunter too. She'd probably bag you first!
                                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                                "
                                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
                                X