Who should be McCain's VP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who should be McCain's VP?

It does offend me. Would the same supposedly poor judgment have elicited the same diagnosis from you if McCain were, say, 40? Does poor judgment plus old age equal Alzheimer's Disease?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
      hi this is sansei and i like mccain's pick of Vp palin who would be a good Vp is she share's the same views of mccain and with her as his running mate,it make's me:O)

Since im not a Democrat,i'd vote for mccain and palin is they are the best for the presidency and palin as his running mate.

well thank's for your time they have my vote.
      Well, the McCain/Palin ticket has at least one vote from the kine State of Hawai'i! Good for you Sansei, I hope you cast your vote.

Oh, by the way, McCain and Palin disagree on a number of issues, not the least of which is abortion and loyalty to the GOP.
      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
        It does offend me. Would the same supposedly poor judgment have elicited the same diagnosis from you if McCain were, say, 40? Does poor judgment plus old age equal Alzheimer's Disease?
        No I didn't say that you did! And if the truth be known, I am probably closer to McCain's age than you are. And yes, older age and Alzheimer's is linked.

I have dealt with Alzheimer's as a care giver (both personally and professionally) longer than you have..I guarantee that. It is nothing to be trivialized. If you are a caregiver for an Alzheimer’s patient, I sympathize with you.

Reagan did suffer from Alzheimer's (dementia) in the latter years of his Presidency. It is a debilitating disease. If the Republicans would allow unfettered stem cell research, from a philosophical standpoint, maybe we could find some relief for Alzheimer’s, if not a cure.

I have watched McCain. His behavior is very puzzling. This is not the same McCain of 10 or 15 years ago...the one that I thought had something to offer for a new world order. His current behavior is very discouraging. I would have much preferred that McCain be President over the last 8 year than Bush. But at this time, McCain is not exhibiting good judgement IMO, attribute it to whatever you want.

Ofa 'atu
        Last edited by matapule; August 29, 2008, 05:05 PM.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
          But at this time, McCain is not exhibiting good judgement IMO, attribute it to whatever you want.
          I attribute it to his ovarian cancer, then. I have seen this kind of poor judgment only from women in treatment for cancer.
          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I attribute it to his ovarian cancer, then. I have seen this kind of poor judgment only from women in treatment for cancer.
            So we are agreed, he is showing poor judgement. Ovarian cancer, like Alzheimer's is nothing to be trivialized.

Comment

But, Scriv, that isn't what you initially posted! I'm just raggin' on ya!

Comment

I don't agree. I said in my objection "supposedly poor judgment." I haven't yet made up my mind about whether or not this is a good choice, and it should have been obvious that I only said what I said about ovarian cancer to make a point, which is that your invitation to attribute poor judgment to "whatever you want" bugs me. I didn't ask you not to do it, because you're free to make whatever diagnosis you want; however, I couldn't let that go without expressing my disagreement. Now that I have, I'm willing to continue the original discussion. Peace.
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                  But, Scriv, that isn't what you initially posted! I'm just raggin' on ya!
                  Yeah. Even in proving a point facetiously, I thought what I originally wrote was over the line. There are things you don't joke about even to prove you don't joke about them. I'm sorry you saw that, and I'm sorrier that I posted it.
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Yeah. Even in proving a point facetiously, I thought what I originally wrote was over the line. There are things you don't joke about even to prove you don't joke about them. I'm sorry you saw that, and I'm sorrier that I posted it.
                    You have a conscience. Nuthin' wrong with that!

Comment

Obama's speech reportedly pulled in around 40 million viewers, I would be shocked if the GOP came close to those numbers next week.

Remember how the GOP say they are not about drawing in Hollywood celebrities, well actor Jon Voigt (Angela Jolie's daddy) will be giving a speech at the GOP convention next week.

Aj

Comment

Moments ago, from a poll on CNN.com:

Who is the stronger VP choice?

Joe Biden... 68%... 78,385

Sarah Palin... 32%... 36,911

Total Votes: 115,296

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Well, more than half a day later, I still honestly can't figure out McCain's selection of Sarah Palin. What was he thinking?

If he felt that he had to select a woman, there were better, more credible choices. Understandably, Condie Rice may have been tied to close to the hip with the Bush administration. But there was Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson. She's been in office for 15 years, which makes her the longest tenured female Republican in the Senate. She's currently a member in the Appropriations and Veteran Affairs committees.

But,... it's been said that the two just don't get along with each other, for whatever reason. And it seems to be the same reason why McCain decided to snub Mitt Romney.

So McCain took a pass on Hutchinson and the next female whose name came up in the hopper was Palin. Is that how he came to his decision? Hmmm.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                            Well, more than half a day later, I still honestly can't figure out McCain's selection of Sarah Palin. What was he thinking?[...]
                            I'll admit I'm apolitical. The last time I was moved by an election was the year JFK ran. I was too young to vote. I've voted since then, of course, but I felt no exhilaration!

'Til now!

I read the HT presidential threads and am in awe of those of you with so much knowledge, understanding and passion. You are my mentors whether you like it or not! While politics will never by my "thing" I still feel the need to comment on McCain's choice of Sarah Palin for VP.

WTF???

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              See Post #21 on this thread.

No offense to Linda Lingle.
                              Amen to that. Palin barely looks old enough to meet the minimum age requirement for VP! She definitely has to be the hawtest vixen to run for national office. It must be the hair. Not that I’ll let that affect my vote.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                              USA TODAY, page 2A
                              11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                                WTF???
                                LOL. I would love to hear you say that in person.

Well my ex-special forces friend is totally gaga over Palin, mainly because she's pro-gun and an outdoors-woman. He said she's smart (I didn't ask him for evidence of this) and of course he mentioned her beauty. Sex and guns. Powerful combination for some people.

It's not that he's a knucklehead. He's rather intelligent and well spoken. He just believes strongly in a person's right to protect and take care of themselves, especially after the mess the government made of Katrina.

There are Americans who care less about a prez/vp's stance on foreign affairs, and more on their attitude towards internal affairs. Mainly to leave law abiding and self sufficient people alone.
                                Last edited by MyopicJoe; August 29, 2008, 08:21 PM.
                                "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                                "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                                "
                                Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
                                X