Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I'm learning Japanese (I really think so)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I think I'm learning Japanese (I really think so)

WooHooooo!!! I'm back in school - Japanese 102!!

Today I got my final exam back from last semester, and....

I GOT AN A!!! Freak out excited, yay!!!!
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
      WooHooooo!!! I'm back in school - Japanese 102!!

Today I got my final exam back from last semester, and....

I GOT AN A!!! Freak out excited, yay!!!!
      CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! Good news for you! That type of
      thing makes the new semester more exciting and inspiring!

Comment

Anybody have any info on Japanese classes that are not offered by UH? I think I want to try a different classroom setting for this semester. At UH, most of my classmates are texting or talking on their phones during class.
        Those are the ones who arent listening to their ipods.

Any leads or ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Kansai Gaidai has a campus on Oahu. I am not entirely sure whether they teach Japanese or not at this campus. I know they teach ESL to Japanese students. At the very least, they may be able to provide you with information.

Also, I would call the Japanese Cultural Center of Hawaii.

Comment

most of my classmates are texting or talking on their phones during class.
            Whattsamatta with schools these days? They allow this type of disruptive and rude behavior? I feel for you, hon. A serious student making an honest attempt at getting her education has this much trouble? Not right.

Sorry, this news raises my hackles, just like the cell phones in movie theatres thread does.

Best of luck, TG, in your search for a class.

Comment

Originally posted by snowbird View Post
              Whattsamatta with schools these days? They allow this type of disruptive and rude behavior? I feel for you, hon. A serious student making an honest attempt at getting her education has this much trouble? Not right.
              Exactly. Which is why I need to find an alternative. Maybe we should have another thread about a-hole students. Scriv, I just don't know how you do it! I'd be fired for beating up some brat.

I figure, I pay $1400 per semester, I should be getting a better quality of learning environment!!

Comment

Anybody have any info on Japanese classes that are not offered by UH? I think I want to try a different classroom setting for this semester. At UH, most of my classmates are texting or talking on their phones during class.

Any leads or ideas will be greatly appreciated!
                In one of her recent MidWeek columns, my friend Alison Stewart (aka "Click Chick") recently wrote about something called Livemocha:

A free solution to language learning, Livemocha is a learning tool that combines fun self-study lessons, motivational tools and a community to help you learn the language of your choice.
                You can view the rest of her column at:
                http://www.midweek.com/content/colum...learning_tool/

Although it doesn't sound like Livemocha is a classroom setting per se, perhaps it could be a useful complement to your studies.
                To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Comment

See if they offer an internet course. You can try it at least to see if it works for you. That's how I do my Spanish courses. I would say the community college, but that's probably worse. At least that's how it was in my experience...and I'm in my 7th year of college.

I totally agree with you about rude students. Here at UNT (University of North Texas), the kids are just awful! A lot of them bring laptops to "take notes" but they're really on MySpace and Facebook, which is really distracting when you're sitting behind them. Or playing games or emailing. All the profs have no cell phone policies and if it rings, you are asked to leave class, like for the rest of the day. Anyone caught texting is thrown out too. I really like these rules, but think it's sad they even have to be brought up, let alone enforced.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Originally posted by surlygirly View Post
                    I really like these rules, but think it's sad they even have to be brought up, let alone enforced.
                    Beats the good ol' college days when your only choices were to pay attention to the prof, snooze in a back row, or skip the class completely. (Not necessarily in that order.) I guess it was possible to plow through homework from another class, too, not that anyone I knew was ever so efficient with their time.

I wonder how many of the students in UH's foreign-language classes can already speak the subject well enough to get the easy "A".
                    Youth may be wasted on the young, but retirement is wasted on the old.
                    Live like you're dying, invest like you're immortal.
                    We grow old if we stop playing, but it's never too late to have a happy childhood.
                    Forget about who you were-- discover who you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nords View Post
                      I wonder how many of the students in UH's foreign-language classes can already speak the subject well enough to get the easy "A".
                      That's why I didn't understand that two semesters of a foreign language credits were a core requirement at UH.

Comment

Working...
                      X