Howzit from Washington DC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howzit from Washington DC!

I came across this site after googling and having one of the threads pop up in my search results. As stated in the subject line I'm out here on the East Coast and have been living out here since I left Hawaii in 2003.

Born and raised on Maui (MHS c/o 90), I usually get back to Da 'Aina every year for the Christmas/New years holidays.

I'm hoping that I can stave off some of that island homesickness by participating on the boards here. Look forward to getting to know some of you...

JD

Re: Howzit from Washington DC!

Welcome to HT!

I too am in DC, after getting dragged away from O'ahu, kicking and screaming in January.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

welcome to ht, opihimonster.
      "chaos reigns within.
      reflect, repent and reboot.
      order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Aloha Opihimonster! I bet DC is BIG change after HI.

Comment

Howzit, hawaiian!

Comment

Aloha Opihimonster!

I LOVE DC! What a fascinating city. What brought you there, what do you do there, and how do you get your laulau fix?
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Yeah, life is definitely much different out here.

After going away to the mainland for college I was lucky enough to get stationed back at home. I was at Barbers Point and Kaneohe Bay while on Active Duty in the Navy. After leaving active duty I got a job at the Pentagon so I had to leave We tried finding something there in Hawaii but back in 2003 the job market was really bad. Someday we hope to return (for retirement? - yikes that's a ways off, hopefully sooner).

I don't know of any Hawaiian restaurants up here, but there is a plethora of Japanese, Chinese, Thai, etc restaurants. They opened a Maui Tacos at the airport terminal, but unless you got a airline ticket you out-of-luck.

Comment

there is a pretty good place near me, in Fairfax, called West Coast Subs and Teriyaki...it is good, and reminds me of Hawaii. They do a GREAT teriyaki lunch plate, and even have macaroni salad! I have yet to find decent Korean food in the city yet
                flickr

An email from God:
                To: People of Earth
                Date: 9/04/2007
                Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                God

Comment

My guess is that DC is Opihi-free.

Comment

Originally posted by Opihimonster View Post
                    I came across this site after googling and having one of the threads pop up in my search results. As stated in the subject line I'm out here on the East Coast and have been living out here since I left Hawaii in 2003.

Born and raised on Maui (MHS c/o 90), I usually get back to Da 'Aina every year for the Christmas/New years holidays.

I'm hoping that I can stave off some of that island homesickness by participating on the boards here. Look forward to getting to know some of you...

JD
                    Howzit JD!

I stay hea on da East Coast too. I no get Hawaiian blood in me but no mattah. Aloha au i ka 'aina! I've been to Maui No Ka 'Oi twice and may go back this year, or maybe to Moku O Keawe.

Shoots,
                    'Alika
                    'Alika

Comment

Aloha and Howzit going JD!
                      Great to have you on board on Hawaii Threads! Keep on posting. No be shame we are all 'ohana here.
                      Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                      X