Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failed Assassination Attempt on Obama

http://www.wtvh.com/news/local/27427674.html

The FBI is now involved in this possible assassination attempt against Obama.

It all happened after a routine traffic stop where police discovered a car full of drugs, ammunition, a bulletproof vest, two rifles, walkie-talkies and a rifle scope.

28 year old Tharin Gartrell was one of the three men arrested after police pulled over his swerving vehicle. 32-year-old Nathan Johnson was arrested in a hotel about three hours later; and Shawn Adolph, also 33.. was hospitalized after jumping out a hotel window to avoid his arrest.

Investigators say the men planned to shoot Obama with a high powered rifle when the candidate gave his acceptance speech at Thursday night's convention. One of the men involved tells police he has nothing to do with the failed plot, but his friend just didn't want a black President.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ridiculous...
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Re: Failed Assassination Attempt on Obama

There is no shortage of this kind of scum in America, and it'll be a long shot for BO to make it thru his 4 years alive, or even the next 4 months.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I think every president faces this possibility. However, the notoriety gained from assassinating the first black president or presidential candidate may just be too enticing to pass up by some very sick minds.

Whatta horrible thought.

Comment

Tutusue, I think you're holding back a bit, it's not notoriety so much as outright popularity [among the like-minded crowd] that is sought. As well, this wasn't an attempt, but rather only a plot or plan. I'm sure we've all made plans without progressing to an attempt at carrying out those plans. In fact, just last weekend I planned to go see 'Kung Fu Panda' at the dollar show, but couldn't quite justify the long trip, so I stopped at Walmart Kunia and just picked up some dog food instead.
        Last edited by salmoned; August 27, 2008, 12:44 PM.
        May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          I think every president faces this possibility. However, the notoriety gained from assassinating the first black president or presidential candidate may just be too enticing to pass up by some very sick minds.

Whatta horrible thought.
          Yeah, but none of the previous assassins and attempted assassins would say, "I don't want a white President."
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

The bigger a politician is the more security and the more danger. Goes hand in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
              In fact, just last weekend I planned to go see 'Kung Fu Panda' at the dollar show, but couldn't quite justify the long trip, so I stopped at Walmart Kunia and just picked up some dog food instead.
              hehehe

I think you spent the same amount of money; just saved a little time...I know the dog is happy. But you really should go see the movie!

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                Yeah, but none of the previous assassins and attempted assassins would say, "I don't want a white President."
                but they all had their reasons.... Crazy minds can dream up some strange stuff to obsess with. If it is not race, it will be something.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                  but they all had their reasons.... Crazy minds can dream up some strange stuff to obsess with. If it is not race, it will be something.
                  It'll be someone who doesn't want a president to come from Hawai`i ... because it's too "foreign and exotic."

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                    It'll be someone who doesn't want a president to come from Hawai`i ... because it's too "foreign and exotic."
                    Ya mean Cokie Roberts is gonna do it?!?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I truly hope nothing bad like that happens...
                      It's very possible though...
                      Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
                        Maybe it's better to be unpopular, like our current President.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                          Maybe it's better to be unpopular, like our current President.
                          No one would dare try to assassinate President Bush, out of fear of Cheney taking the office - that was the brilliance of that pairing.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                            No one would dare try to assassinate President Bush, out of fear of Cheney taking the office - that was the brilliance of that pairing.
                            Why? Is there a code among assassins NOT to assassinate the VP?

Um, not that I'm suggesting it.

*wonders if this thread is being monitored*

Comment

Working...
                            X