Clear All

• 1-808-000-0000

I've gotten calls from this "number"
    for 3 days in a row now always at about
    5:30. Has anyone else? don't answer but
    see it on the caller log.

Re: 1-808-000-0000

I Googled it:

Gophatdat.com - 4aBW - Retailer, Department: Administration. Job Title: CEO. Address: 1164 Bishop St. Telephone: 1-808-383-5851. Mobile Phone: 01-808-383-5851. Fax: 1-808-000-0000 ...
    my.gophatdat.com/mwd4abw/ - 14k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Gophatdat.com - 4aBW - Company Info Contact Person: Michael W DeVenny. Address: 1164 Bishop St. Telephone: 1-808-383-5851. Mobile Phone: 01-808-383-5851. Fax: 1-808-000-0000 ...
    my.gophatdat.com/contact.jsp?uid=mwd4abw - 16k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    More results from my.gophatdat.com »
    Contact Us Fax: 1-808-000-0000 Email: jdeverea@hawaii.edu. Or use the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We look forward to hearing from you. ...
    http://www.neuroscienceinstituteofth...c.org/id4.html - 12k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    Sicat LLC-Agent Main Markets: North America. Street Address: 2112 B Puu Place. Province/State: Hawaii. Zip: 96786. Fax: 1-808-000-0000 ...
    www.wto-trade.com/sicat-llc-com31465.html - 12k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    E-MAIL Customer Service: customerservice@kaukaugrocery.com ... Marketing: marketing@kaukaugrocery.com Advertising: marketing@kaukaugrocery.com PHONE NUMBERS Phone: 1-808-295-5313 Fax: 1-808-000-0000 ...
    kaukaugrocery.com/contacts.html - 2k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this
    In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 5 already displayed.
    If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I googled and found this:
      This number is just a default that is sometimes used when the caller does not have a normal number. For example, if someone calls you using Skype, an internet VoIP program, the other persons caller ID registers it as 1800-000-0000 sometimes. I've seen it happen with several other services as well, internet and not. In short, this number is not a particular person or group of persons, but a generic default when no information is available. Think of it the same as "Unavailable" on your caller ID.
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Thanks, I googled it myself and got the same things. Annoying however
        to get this call, how long will it go on? Until the election? I think it's probably
        a political call probably even a computer who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
          I think it's probably a political call probably even a computer who knows.
          Another overly active telemarketing nuisance is the computer dialer for the "extended auto warrenty" service. That horrid setup will redial and redial and redial for days on end.

Comment

Yep I had our Civic in for a recall issue and left my cell phone
            for them to call me when it was ready. A------S at the Honda place
            must have it in their system to pass on the number because I keep
            getting calls on my cell phone about auto warranty. The bummer is
            it says "press 2" to be taken off the list and my service makes it
            unable to do that, I get something like they'll keep the call in the
            message box!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
              Yep I had our Civic in for a recall issue and left my cell phone
              for them to call me when it was ready. A------S at the Honda place
              must have it in their system to pass on the number because I keep
              getting calls on my cell phone about auto warranty. The bummer is
              it says "press 2" to be taken off the list and my service makes it
              unable to do that, I get something like they'll keep the call in the
              message box!
              I think they make just random auto dialed calls, too. I've spoken to them twice. If you answer the phone, you get a recorder saying hold on, then an "operator" comes on who asks your make and year of auto. First time, I said something made up, somewhat new, and was told to hold on while they connected me to a sales rep. I hung up at that point.

The next time when they called, when the operator asked for the make and year of auto, I said a 20 year old model, and that it needed alot of work, and thanked them for calling with an extended warrenty offer.
              SHE hung up on ME.

Comment

The thing is I never have my phone on unless I leave the house which is
                almost never. I understand what you are saying - thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
                  Another overly active telemarketing nuisance is the computer dialer for the "extended auto warrenty" service. That horrid setup will redial and redial and redial for days on end.
                  I recently started receiving those, too. Aren't those calls illegal if one has registered at donotcall.gov?

The other calls that irritate me are aimed at the former users of 2 of my current phone #s. Evidently both have some overdue bills! Not knowing if these overdue bill situations are, indeed, true I have to be really careful what info I give so I end up not giving the callers any info, other than I'm not the party they were hoping to reach...and hope that the calls stop. Dang, that was a really long sentence!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I recently started receiving those, too. Aren't those calls illegal if one has registered at donotcall.gov?
                    Here's what the DoNotCall website has to say about it:

The National Do Not Call Registry gives you a choice about whether to receive telemarketing calls at home. Most telemarketers should not call your number once it has been on the registry for 31 days. If they do, you can file a complaint at this Website.

https://www.donotcall.gov/complaint/complaintcheck.aspx
                    1. To file a complaint now, your phone number must have been on the registry for 31 days.
                    2. To file a complaint, we need the date you got the call, and either the name or telephone number of the company that called you.

*Reminder: Even if your number is registered, companies with which you do business may continue to call you. So may charities, political organizations, and telephone surveyors.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                      The other calls that irritate me are aimed at the former users of 2 of my current phone #s. Evidently both have some overdue bills! Not knowing if these overdue bill situations are, indeed, true I have to be really careful what info I give
                      Smart move, Sue. My parents will try to be helpful and give out all sorts of information. Drives me nuts. They're slowly learning, though.

I really hate bill collectors who mistake you for someone else. A while back I got a call from one. They had my name partially right, and of course my phone number. The bill was for college classes at a school I never attended. When I told them it wasn't me, they asked for more information to "help verify". I was like, "Hell no. You don't even have my correct name. You need to do your homework."

Of course instead of spending time or money to investigate, they just harassed me with their automated phone calling system. Every few days there'd be up to three messages on my answering machine, threatening to ruin my credit rating or garnishing my salary. Sometimes the name of the person or company would change, but the voice was the same. This went on for a year before they gave up.

Luckily we hardly used our landline. The harassment made us finally decide to disconnect it and use just our cell phones. Sorry HawaiianTel!

The harassment was stressful, even though the bill wasn't ours. I can imagine it being 10x worse if it really was legit. I can imagine people cracking under the pressure. I guess that's why bill collectors do it. They don't have to lift a finger. They have their computer thugs harass people 24/7. Sucks when they target the wrong people.
                      "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                      "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                      "
                      Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Working...
                      X