• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Republican National Convention 2008

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Cue the protests...aaaand....action!

Time news report here
    Hmm. Note to self: When a masked person in black is marching next to you, he's gonna cause trouble and ruin your peaceful protest day.

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    Were there organized protests this big outside of the DNC?
    Yeah, but they're too chicken to "Recreate '68."
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Re: This ain't my idea of 'hot'...

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
      www.stopsarahpalin.com

And this, coming from a sucker for girls w/glasses
      Palin does the sexy librarian look very well. I’m telling you the “visual vetting” action cannot be underscored enough in McCain’s selection methodology.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Don't go in the barn!!!

Indeed, they'll work the looks angle and are trying every way possible to spin her positively, but this is gonna end badly.

http://www.truthout.org/article/disc...etting-process
        Last edited by Ron Whitfield; September 2, 2008, 04:12 PM.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Thanks to President Bush for his wonderful hateful divisive speech.

Comment

hi this is sansei and im now listening to a replay of the Rnc and i heard George bush's speech and it was Great! He's right on about Mccain and Palin ticket and im voting for mccain and Palin as the hopeful new pres and Vp.in my heart they wil win.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
              hi this is sansei and im now listening to a replay of the Rnc and i heard George bush's speech and it was Great! He's right on about Mccain and Palin ticket and im voting for mccain and Palin as the hopeful new pres and Vp.in my heart they wil win.

Sansei you have told us your voting for them on how many different posts, we all know your batting from the right side. Can you enlighten us on anything else new?

Aj

Comment

Aj — in case you haven’t noticed, LikaNui has been tinkering with this “project.” The tough love approach hasn’t worked. FYI.
                Knock yourself out.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post

But Sansei - you know your local hero Mayor Mufi supports Sen. Obama, yes? Be careful, or Timkona will accuse your heart of "cognitive dissonance."

(I'm just joking around with you here, sansei. You're cool.)

Comment

And, wasn't there more Bush lies, about McPain having stood up under VC torture?

I believe he broke and did their bidding.
                    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

I'm getting a Republican "Hat On" that's lasting over 4 hours. Doctor! Doctor!
                      Last edited by Walkoff Balk; September 3, 2008, 07:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        And, wasn't there more Bush lies, about McPain having stood up under VC torture?

I believe he broke and did their bidding.
                        I don't know nuthin' bout that.

The one falsehood about his time as a POW that I know for sure,....when he campaigned in Pittsburgh and told a bunch of Steeler fans that when interrogated in the Hanoi Hilton and asked for names of officers, he rattled off the members of the Steel Curtain defense. That brought a hearty cheer from the partisan crowd.

Only problem was,.... McCain was a POW from 1967 to 1973. The Steeler defense didn't get that "Steel Curtain" nickname until the team won its first Super Bowl, and that was in 1975.

His autobiography relates a similar story, but in that version, he used the names of the 1960s Green Bay Packers offensive line, which makes more sense as that team won the 1967 Super Bowl, just a few months before McCain's plane was shot down.

So in that case, it wasn't an out-and-out falsehood. But it was embellished for the purpose of playing to the Pittsburgh audience he addressed that day.
                        Last edited by Frankie's Market; September 3, 2008, 08:04 PM.
                        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Game. On.

The Hockey Mom, the VPSomebodyLF, the former Mayor of Lana'i (now Governor of a SuperWalMart), came out swinging. She was funny and sarcastic, nasty and nailed it. Her old tv reporter skills did her well from the teleprompter screen. Word to Obama/Biden: if you treat this candidate is a pantyweight, it will be at your peril.

pax

Comment

Re: Game. On.

Did anyone watch Governor Lingle’s introduction of Sarah Palin? If you believe YouTube’s numbers, I was apparently the only one (at least on the Internet). All I can say is, it made me cringe. Particularly the part about “elopement” representing “fiscal discipline.” Geez. And how she paused after each sentence as if to wait for applause that never came. Linda embarassed herself more than anything else.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                            11 March 1993

Comment

Re: Game. On.

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                              The Hockey Mom, the VPSomebodyLF, the former Mayor of Lana'i (now Governor of a SuperWalMart), came out swinging. She was funny and sarcastic, nasty and nailed it. Her old tv reporter skills did her well from the teleprompter screen. Word to Obama/Biden: if you treat this candidate is a pantyweight, it will be at your peril.
                              Indeed. A very well delivered and fiery speech by Palin. And as you noted, nasty and sarcastic in tone. Which I'm sure is fine with the Obama/Biden campaign. By coming out on the attack like she did, Biden won't have to worry about looking like a bully in the VP debate. He can take off the velvet gloves with no apologies needed when the moderators start asking tough questions relating to foreign policy and presidential readiness.

It should also be said: From her introduction as the VP nominee up until now, Palin's appearances have been heavily scripted and choreographed. But when she hits the campaign trail, she can't rely on a teleprompter to say all the right things. Not every crowd she encounters will be as adoring as the GOP convention. When she leaves St. Paul, her "training wheels" will be taken off, so to speak. So we'll get a chance to see how Palin performs as a candidate on the national stage and if she's able to stay on-message and avoid gaffes.

One description that many of Palin's friends/rivals from Alaska seem to agree on: she's very intelligent and a quick study. When it comes to learning about the issues that she may be behind the curve on now (like economics and foreign policy), I'm sure she has the smarts and the determination to catch up quickly. Perhaps at a much faster pace than what many people think. But for all the talent and ambition that Palin has, I seriously doubt that even she can catch up to Biden's decades-long expertise in international affairs over the next 30 days, in time for the veep debate. Particularly if the report that she didn't get her passport until 2007 is true.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Palin chose in her acceptance speech to ignore issues regarding the economy. Appropriate for her considering she put her town of less than 10,000 heavily into debt.

Aj

Comment

Working...
                                X