Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Game. On.

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    Did anyone watch Governor Lingle’s introduction of Sarah Palin?
    Yeah, I watched it on CSPAN. It was okay, I thought, but just standard Republican fare.
    Greg

Comment

Re: Republican National Convention 2008

Arresting journalists - another great way to run a Republican convention.

Comment

Ignore issues?

This bunch have already stated that issues don't matter.

All that matters for them is that she's a republican and a 'God's plan' kinda gal.

Sickening.
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Daily Show shows the hypocrisy from Rove, Dick Morris and others:

http://www.tvparty.com/1blog.html

Comment

Watch this clip to understand how Republicans really stand on the issues.

Ooooops, Kahiliboy just beat me to it.
            Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

At the gym this morning, every. Single. Person. in my aerobics class was so thoroughly impressed with Palin and talked about voting for "the first real candidate that any of them could ever relate with". The idea that McCain is so close to kicking the bucket is considered a positive. Experience? Pshaw; she'll learn, just like the rest of them. She won't have to go it alone, like any of the other presidents ever do.

Whoever helped McCain pick her shot that arrow straight on the bullseye.

pax

Comment

I just heard Tom Brokaw on MSNBC say he would interview Linda Lingle shortly. (Now = 10:30am Thurs.)
                Greg

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                  At the gym this morning, every. Single. Person. in my aerobics class was so thoroughly impressed with Palin and talked about voting for "the first real candidate that any of them could ever relate with". The idea that McCain is so close to kicking the bucket is considered a positive.
                  That might be the view of your circle of aerobic friends. And it may also be true with part of the hardcore conservative right wing base. (I say "part," as I'm also sure that other right wingers will be nervous about the idea of McCain dying suddenly in office and do not share your unreserved confidence.)

But among independents and the moderate wings of the Democrats and Republicans who will decide this election? They'll be ultimately making their vote based on who is at the top of the ticket. Remember. Sarah Palin is not running for President. John McCain is.

The good news for the GOP last night is the bad news for them tonight. How does Presidential nominee, John McCain, top the excitement and energy generated by the VP nominee, Sarah Palin? Or will McCain end up being upstaged by his running mate? Once again, the GOP base may not have a problem with that. But for the independents, McCain could end up looking diminished in their eyes. Assuming they tune in at all.

Experience? Pshaw; she'll learn, just like the rest of them. She won't have to go it alone, like any of the other presidents ever do.
                  Oh pshaw! Some VPs end up being way in over their heads when they are suddenly thrust into the Oval Office unprepared. Can anybody say "Andrew Johnson?"
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                    I just heard Tom Brokaw on MSNBC say he would interview Linda Lingle shortly. (Now = 10:30am Thurs.)
                    Lingle got her couple of minutes of MSNBC fame.

Brokaw of course, noted that Obama was born in Hawaii. But Lingle played up McCain's connections to the islands. She mentioned Sen. McCain honeymooning with second wife Cindy in Hawaii. And then she mentioned McCain's father being at the helm of the U.S. Pacific Command Center here during the Vietnam War era. Uhhh yeah. Like those things will be decisive factors for voters here. Welllll, no one can't say that our own Lingle Dingle didn't try.

Glad that Brokaw cut off that yawner of an interview when he did. Given 2 more minutes of MSNBC airtime, Lingle might have further bolstered McCain's connections to Hawaii by saying that he's good friends with Jerry Toffee and Susan Plague.
                    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

They ended up honeymooning in Hawaii because this is where McCain caught the eye of Cindy while still married to his first wife. The woman who stood beside him during his years in Vietnam POW camp and raised their oldest kids, she got traded in for a much younger beauty queen. We all know how McCain likes his beauty queens, it makes him feel and look younger.

Here's a photo of John McCain's father with Bob Hope and Bob Basso:

http://starbulletin.com/2008/01/07/f...flashback.html

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                        That might be the view of your circle of aerobic friends. And it may also be true with part of the hardcore conservative right wing base. (I say "part," as I'm also sure that other right wingers will be nervous about the idea of McCain dying suddenly in office and do not share your unreserved confidence.)

But among independents and the moderate wings of the Democrats and Republicans who will decide this election? They'll be ultimately making their vote based on who is at the top of the ticket. Remember. Sarah Palin is not running for President. John McCain is.

The good news for the GOP last night is the bad news for them tonight. How does Presidential nominee, John McCain, top the excitement and energy generated by the VP nominee, Sarah Palin? Or will McCain end up being upstaged by his running mate? Once again, the GOP base may not have a problem with that. But for the independents, McCain could end up looking diminished in their eyes. Assuming they tune in at all.

Oh pshaw! Some VPs end up being way in over their heads when they are suddenly thrust into the Oval Office unprepared. Can anybody say "Andrew Johnson?"
                        I should have spoken further and profiled my aerobic class for you:

Obama sign-wavers.

HGEA. Mostly Japanese and Haole. Many retirees and close to it (I would save the average age is in the 40s). DOE teachers. Bank tellers. Women.

Let me tell you, that the normal pattern is that aerobics finishes and everyone immediately scrams to ready up for the day ahead. That was not the case this morning; everyone stuck around for a good 20 minutes, wanting to talk about how impressed they were with Palin.

Somebody did their marketing research. After at least a decade of Oprah, Martha Stewart, Real Simple magazine, and Mommy Olympics (woh vs sah), Sarah Palin hits the profile.

The Dems had better not underestimate her, and intellectualizing away her competence won't overcome the visceral relativity this woman offers.

Palin is a lethal weapon.

pax

Comment

Palin is a lethal weapon, in the same mold as Dan Quayle in that you cannot underestimate her and the GOP had the last laugh in 1988. Some might say I just insulted Palin or Quayle with this post.

I'm really interested to hear her debate with Joe Biden on foreign policy and economics, it will be one of the most interesting VP debates in quite sometime.

Aj

Comment

that, I believe, is the only way to swing the vote. She has aces for likability. She needs to demonstrate that, wunnerful tough cookie though she may be, she is no way up to the task at hand.

Aikido. Biden cannot beat her. He needs to make her beat herself.

pax

Comment

Cindy McCain's outfit was priced out by Vanity Fair at around $300,000.

Oscar de la Renta dress, $3,000
                              Chanel j12 White Ceramic watch, $4,500
                              3 carat diamond earrings $280,000
                              4 strand pearl necklace $11-25 k
                              Designer shoes $600

An absolutely stunning outfit! Take that, you elitist Democrats!

Comment

I should have spoken further and profiled my aerobic class for you:

Obama sign-wavers.

HGEA. Mostly Japanese and Haole. Many retirees and close to it (I would save the average age is in the 40s). DOE teachers. Bank tellers. Women.

Let me tell you, that the normal pattern is that aerobics finishes and everyone immediately scrams to ready up for the day ahead. That was not the case this morning; everyone stuck around for a good 20 minutes, wanting to talk about how impressed they were with Palin.
                                They may have been "impressed" with Palin's speech. But will they vote for the GOP ticket come Nov. 4?

You can answer that question any way you want. After all, no one can confirm either way. They are your friends.

But looking at the larger picture, I'm highly skeptical that a majority of Obama sign-wavers, HGEA, HSTA, and AJA will vote for McCain/Palin.

Somebody did their marketing research. After at least a decade of Oprah, Martha Stewart, Real Simple magazine, and Mommy Olympics (woh vs sah), Sarah Palin hits the profile.[
                                It would be reassuring to McCain supporters if all that were true. IF

And yet, there are indications that Palin was hastily vetted and selected in a matter of 48 hours. What to believe, what to believe.

The Dems had better not underestimate her, and intellectualizing away her competence won't overcome the visceral relativity this woman offers.
                                Just as the GOP had better not miscalculate Palin's appeal to Clinton's support base, as Gloria Steinem eloquently states in her op-ed.

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedi...,1290251.story

"This isn't the first time a boss has picked an unqualified woman just because she agrees with him and opposes everything most other women want and need. Feminism has never been about getting a job for one woman. It's about making life more fair for women everywhere. It's not about a piece of the existing pie; there are too many of us for that. It's about baking a new pie."
                                Last edited by Frankie's Market; September 4, 2008, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X