X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
    In any event, if Palin truly supports Paul, she’ll show up tonight at his rally in Minneapolis (just minutes away from the RNC) where more than 10,000 Paul supporters have gathered to support the candidate they feel is far better than McCain.
    Given a choice between Ron Paul and McCain, I think I would vote for Paul.
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Amati View Post
      And according to it, McCain had met her just one time prior to yesterday".
      I hate to quote my own posting, but doesn't this seem strange to anyone else that he's only met her ONCE????
      Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
        I was mortified this morning watching GMA splatter pictures of Bristol, the boyfriend, his myspace bio and so forth. All I could think of was "McCain, I got to hand it to you. Hit the American bell curve right in the moral kisser. Ain't nobody paying attention to stuff like The Real Issues right now..." I cannot help but hurt for the Palin family, which is exactly where McCain wants me to be, considering that he couldn't get me to care about his ticket otherwise.

When I look at that teenage girl, I am angry on her behalf that she is being exploited.
        AFAIAC, the only relevance this teen pregnancy matter has is on 1) McCain's poor judgement and lack of vetting and; 2) the possibility that Sarah Palin might have engaged in a coverup. That is IT!

Personal details re: Bristol herself, the identity of her child's father, the details of their relationship,..... all this is completely IRRELEVANT to the campaign. I don't know about anybody else here, but I choose not to have have any part in discussing this kind of information.
        This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
          OMG, I saw the Glenn Beck interview with Bob Barr last week! I don't want to deliberately poke fun at any of the candidates, because I'm sure that they are all trying their hardest and standing for what they believe in (or what's profitable, or what's popular)...but Bob Barr?? Waaahahahaha! I don't even know how to begin to criticize that guy! Dang, libertarians, I mean, he sure does have a lot of experience, but the way he represented himself in that interview...? No way!
          I too cringed a little when I watched Barr’s interview with Glenn Beck. But you have to realize, turtlegirl, that Bob Barr isn’t the politician most libertarians supported this year. I still question whether Barr is really a libertarian. The candidate that drew the most interest was Ron Paul. Paul actually ran for president under the Libertarian banner in 1988 and this year, as a Republican. But he has always been a card-carrying Republican. This is because Paul (as well as many of his supporters, including me) believe that the Republican Party platform has been perverted by neocons like Karl Rove and Paul Wolfowitz. Today, it barely resembles what the pre-Reagan era GOP espoused. Conservatives are the original anti-war activists. They believed in a humble foreign policy — that we should avoid policing the world, and not get ourselves involved in entangling alliances like NAFTA, CAFTA, the United Nations, NATO and the New World Order. Basically, what these organizations guarantee is the shipping of American jobs overseas, and the obligation to occupy and/or bomb the sh!t out of countries that supposedly disagree with our “allies.”

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
          USA TODAY, page 2A
          11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
            AFAIAC, the only relevance this teen pregnancy matter has is on 1) McCain's poor judgement and lack of vetting and; 2) the possibility that Sarah Palin might have engaged in a coverup. That is IT!

Personal details re: Bristol herself, the identity of her child's father, the details of their relationship,..... all this is completely IRRELEVANT to the campaign. I don't know about anybody else here, but I choose not to have have any part in discussing this kind of information.
            Maybe you mean to say you choose not to have any further part in discussing it, since you just discussed it. I've listened to a lot of political commentary today, and much of it has been about Sarah Palin's daughter, but everyone has agreed that they shouldn't be discussing Sarah Palin's daughter. It's interesting that it seems to be okay to discuss her so long as one includes a disclaimer that it's not okay to discuss her.
            Greg

Comment

This is because Paul (as well as many of his supporters, including me) believe that the Republican Party platform has been perverted by neocons like Karl Rove and Paul Wolfowitz. Today, it barely resembles what the pre-Reagan era GOP espoused.
              Wow. For quite some time, I had been feeling like I was the only one who thought this.

As mentioned elsewhere, I was once a registered Republican, from the time I came of voting age, until ... the Reagan era. He and his cronies started the GOP down their long path of anger, divisiveness and nastiness.

No, wait --- Nixon did his part, too.

Please know, conservatives of HT, that I do NOT necessarily equate the disreputable behavior of those in control of the Republican Party with the long and proud tradition of American conservatism.

Comment

Karl Rove and Paul Wolfowitz. How come they aren't running. Why go for half measures when you could get the real deal.
                Last edited by AlohaKine; September 2, 2008, 06:59 PM.

Comment

If there's a silver lining to this teen pregnancy affair, I hope it's this:

Now that organizations like Focus On The Family and the Family Research Council have made the decision to embrace and not condemn Gov. Palin's daughter for her pregnancy, then in the future, AFAIAC, these right-wing Christian Fundamentalists groups should not be in the business of condemning any politician (Democrat or Republican) for any kind of indiscretion their children may have committed.

Maybe I'm being cynical, but I have the feeling that if the shoe was on the other foot and it was the Obamas that had a 17 year old daughter who was pregnant, those same evangelists would have been raking Barack and Michelle over the coals. They would have called them bad parents who are unfit to lead our country.

Anyhow,.....after this incident, the Christian right has lost whatever grounds they have to finger wag and condemn politicians for the misdeeds of their kids. No matter what party they are from.

Let it not be said that the Republicans have a lock on "family values."
                  This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                    I've listened to a lot of political commentary today, and much of it has been about Sarah Palin's daughter, but everyone has agreed that they shouldn't be discussing Sarah Palin's daughter.
                    I must take issue with this false statement, as I never agreed we shouldn’t be discussing Bristol Palin. I’m sure there are others on HT that concur. Her relevance to the discussion is ofcourse, is the mountain of evidence that Sarah Palin’s alleged son, Trig, actually belongs to Bristol. The pre-birth photographic evidence, and the circumstantial evidence have been laid out. Now let me give you the post-birth photographic evidence. Clearly, a case can be made that Palin is lying about this four-month-old child. And in the spirit of John Edwards, if she’s lying about that, what else is she lying about? Perhaps her version of the firing of Walt Monagan and its relation to the failure to terminate Trooper Wooten? How about her past and present role in the Alaska Independence Party?

Trust is something you earn.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                      Maybe you mean to say you choose not to have any further part in discussing it, since you just discussed it.
                      No. I said that I wouldn't discuss certain aspects of the matter that are not relevant to the presidential campaign.

You need to re-read what I said previously.

Comment

McCain chose Palin so he could stare at her ass for another two months, see for yourself..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RN5xbWtNSU

Comment

Originally posted by Keanu View Post
                          McCain chose Palin so he could stare at her ass for another two months, see for yourself... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RN5xbWtNSU
                          As was already noted earlier in another thread.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

I must take issue with this false statement, as I never agreed we shouldn’t be discussing Bristol Palin.
                            It should be obvious from my using "listen" that I wasn't referring to you, since I've only read what you say. I've never heard you say anything at all. So far as I know.
                            Greg

Comment

Given that Palin is a governor, and Bush was a governor, that particular field is getting tainted as a barometer of political acumen.
                              Burl Burlingame
                              "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                              honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                                Given that Palin is a governor, and Bush was a governor, that particular field is getting tainted as a barometer of political acumen.
                                Don't forget the late Vice President Spiro Agnew, former Governor of Maryland to add to that great field of past Governors.

McCain canceled an appearence on CNN's Larry King, guess his camp isnt too happy that his pick of Palin is held in scrutiny by journalists asking questions about her qualifications to lead the country as second in command.

Has Faux News questioned Palin, the GOP or her qualifications yet?

Aj

Comment

Working...
                                X