This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

That same CNN article had some other interesting tidbits, including this one:

Palin officials originally said her itinerary included U.S. military installations or outposts in Germany and Kuwait, and that she had visited Ireland.
    (...)
    In addition, campaign aides also confirmed reports to CNN Saturday that Palin's time in Ireland on that trip had actually been a refueling stop.
    So she claims to have "visited Ireland" and it turns out to just have been a refueling stop! That's an incredibly pathetic attempt to bolster her nonexistent credentials.
    And frankly, it's also funny as heck.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

I visited Kansas on a refueling stop once. The tarmac looked really clean. I'd definitely refuel there again.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        So she claims to have "visited Ireland" and it turns out to just have been a refueling stop!
        It was reported that Germany was a refueling stop too.
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Palin is stuck in high school. She appointed her high school buddies to responsible positions in Alaska State government positions with no credentials or background. She has now become a national embarrassment. It ticks me off that independent sources have to do the vetting of Sarah Palin.

Read the story here. I still remain good friends with some high school friends but I'm not stuck in high school. I can just see Palin signing McCain's high school yearbook, "FF." Embarrassing!
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

[...]
            So she claims to have "visited Ireland" and it turns out to just have been a refueling stop![...]
            Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            I visited Kansas on a refueling stop once. The tarmac looked really clean. I'd definitely refuel there again.
            WELLLLLLL...
            I visited DC on a refueling stop. That, my HT friends, qualifies me to be...
            PRESIDENT!

Comment

So she claims to have "visited Ireland" and it turns out to just have been a refueling stop!
              Coming back from Australia twenty years ago, our plane stopped for a one-hour insecticide spraying at the Auckland airport - so I've "visited" New Zealand.

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                She has now become a national embarrassment.
                I don’t believe this is necessarily true. She is certainly an embarrassment to the Republican Party and the state of Alaska. If she is elected, though, your statement instantly becomes true — however, the nation will share in that embarrassment for being stupid enough to vote her in.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

A Palin (dis)connection in today's Advertiser.

Comment

OOOOOO!!!!OOOOOO!!!!!!

*raises hand*

I lived in Germany for two years.

One time while back-packing there we missed a train and had to hang out over night and wait for the early-early morning train. Some guy came up to us and said "Americanish...I vant to keel you!!!" My hub and I both went 'Huh? You sure about that?" offered him some Jager, sat down and talked music and stuff....he shook hands with the hub, hugged me and wandered away insisting we were really Canadians.

Soooo...by the Palin meter, I have international detente under my belt!

Comment

Good one from the Huffington Post a couple days ago:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erica-..._b_126184.html

Comment

Here's a Breaking News story about Sarah refusing to cooperate with an investigation into her activities:
                        Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will not cooperate with a legislative investigation into the firing of her public safety commissioner, the McCain-Palin presidential campaign announced Monday, accusing supporters of Democratic rival Barack Obama of manipulating the inquiry for political motivations.
                        Gov. Sarah Palin is fighting allegations she improperly tried to force the firing of her former brother-in-law.
                        Former Palin Press Secretary Meg Stapleton told reporters in Anchorage that the investigation has been "hijacked" by "Obama operatives" for the Democratic presidential nominee -- namely, Alaska state Sen. Hollis French, the Democratic lawmaker managing the investigation and an Obama supporter. French has denied working on behalf of the Obama campaign.
                        The Obama campaign described Stapleton's charge as "complete paranoia." It has denied sending campaign staff to Alaska to work with the legislative committee's investigation.
                        McCain campaign spokesman Ed O'Callaghan said Palin will not cooperate with "that investigation so long as it remained tainted and run by partisan individuals who have a predetermined conclusion," referring to a comment by French earlier this month that the case could produce criminal charges or an "October Surprise" for the GOP ticket.
                        Palin, the Republican nominee for vice president, is battling allegations that she and her advisers pressured then-Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan to fire a state trooper going through a bitter custody dispute with her sister -- and that Monegan was terminated when he refused. Palin says she fired Monegan over budget issues and denies wrongdoing.
                        (...)
                        Much more at that link noted above.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Breaking News story ...
                          Palin, the Republican nominee for vice president, is battling allegations that she and her advisers pressured then-Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan to fire a state trooper going through a bitter custody dispute with her sister -- and that Monegan was terminated when he refused. Palin says she fired Monegan over budget issues and denies wrongdoing.
                          (...)
                          And ABC’s Brian Ross, who has uncovered some of the most scathing information to date, gives us this latest report in which video footage of Palin contradicts her claims. In a speech just three months before he was fired, Palin repeatedly praises Monagan for his stellar performance. Women’s groups ABC interviewed also credit Monagan as one of the top advocates for victims of domestic violence.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                          USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will not cooperate with a legislative investigation into the firing of her public safety commissioner, the McCain-Palin presidential campaign announced Monday, accusing supporters of Democratic rival Barack Obama of manipulating the inquiry for political motivations.
                            Yeah, that makes sense. The idea that the Obama campaign is engineering this grand conspiracy.

The truth? The Alaska state legislative judiciary committee that voted to issue the 13 subpoenas to Gov. Palin's inner circle (including her husband) was made up of 3 Republicans and 2 Democrats. Moreover, the deciding vote was cast by a Republican. And get this: he is a state senator who represents Palin's hometown of Wasilla! It's all here.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/524038.html

The abuse of power investigation against Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate, took a potentially ominous turn for her party today when state lawmakers voted to subpoena her husband.

Republican efforts to delay the probe until after the Nov. 4 election were thwarted when GOP state Sen. Charlie Huggins, who represents Palin's hometown of Wasilla, sided with Democrats. "Let's just get the facts on the table," said Huggins, who appeared in camouflage pants to vote during a break from moose hunting.

I guess the next major development in this story would be for those any or all of those subpoenaed to be no-shows at their hearing. Y'know, for a McCain/Palin ticket that have really given a lot of lip service about bringing change to Washington, Palin's people defying the subpoenas would look an awful lot like the stonewalling tactics the Bush White House has engaged in, with Karl Rove, Harriet Miers, and Joshua Bolton also defying congressional subpoenas.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The more information of Sarah Palin is known. She might be a first round draft choice by the Republican party who turns out to be (pardon the expression) a bust. Where did the Mel Kiper Jr. of politics projected her draft selection potential?

Comment

Wow.

I'm starting to think that Sarah Palin is a lying sack of crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X