X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Originally posted by matapule View Post
    Sarah Palin to give two more television interviews, both on Faux News, one with Hannity again and one with Van Susteren (who did the interview with the "first dude.") These should be hard hitting interviews that are "fair and balanced." Last time Hannity anaswered all the questions for her and Van Susteren asked the dude how to butcher a moose.
    Word has already circulated that, even within the friendly confines of FOX, the McCain campaign does not want Palin anywhere near the likes of Chris Wallace or Bill O'Reilly. Seems that Sarah Barracuda is more like a guppy when it comes to handling the press.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Hahahahahaha!! Check out this site!

Now you can make Sarah Palin say whatever you want!
      ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

"Goodbye cruel world" would be enuf for me.

Cool site, thanx!
        https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Alaskan Independence Party sponsored By Iran

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27105917

Since Alaska's supreme court refused to halt the investigation into Troopergate:

"ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Trying to head off a potentially embarrassing state ethics report on GOP vice presidential nominee Sarah Palin, campaign officials released their own report Thursday that clears her of any wrongdoing...."

See? No need to investigate further, she investigated herself and she's not guilty!

Comment

• Why do you hate America?!

NA NA, Sarah haters! I knew she was innocent, just as she's good on the per diem matter.

...maverick...

Comment

Panel finds Palin abused her power but didn't violate law?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/...ion/index.html

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27105917/?GT1-43001

Comment

Just skimming thru the report linked in this article, it looks like page 8 is where the "abuse of power" is mentioned. (But I only got thru about 50 out of the 260 odd pages)

The hate-filled, ignorant fury that supporters of McCain/Palin have demonstrated in their rallies is truly amazing to behold. I don't claim to be a genius or an intellectual, but it baffles me that there are really people out there this stupid; cheering on every mindless accusation that Palin decides to throw out there about Obama.

What scares me even more is she actually appears to be a person with strong convictions and beliefs and yet still panders to the basest instincts of a lynch mob. I'd rather have someone in power who's just plain stupid (*cough GWB cough*), then someone who actually believes in embracing anti-intellectualism. Someone who, it almost pains me how phony she appears, with her on-again, off-again folksy accent, Joe Sixpacks and lame winks.

Michelle Obama has looked far more composed and intelligent in the two interviews I've seen with King and Stewart than the disasters that masquerade as Palin appearances.

Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                    Just skimming thru the report linked in this article, it looks like page 8 is where the "abuse of power" is mentioned. (But I only got thru about 50 out of the 260 odd pages)
                    Good for you! Actually reading the report and making your own determination. That is what I call doing your homework. Don't believe what the Reps say, don't believe what the Dems say, make your own determinations based on your own research. Kudos to Marco, sets an example for this forum.

I don't claim to be a genius or an intellectual, but it baffles me that there are really people out there this stupid;
                    Not many of us are geniuses or intellectuals, so no need to apologize. You don't need to be a Mary Mai Tai to be anti-stupid.

Someone who, it almost pains me how phony she appears, with her on-again, off-again folksy accent, Joe Sixpacks and lame winks.
                    That's what's called campaignin' to the 'toopid crowd. Y'betcha!

Michelle Obama has looked far more composed and intelligent in the two interviews I've seen with King and Stewart than the disasters that masquerade as Palin appearances.
                    What??????? Michelle actually went on a real television interview and sounded like she was making some sense? Unbelievable! Was she able to say what newspapers she read? OMG, they must have given her some special treatment.

Enough of this McCain/Palin BS!
                    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                      Good for you! Actually reading the report and making your own determination. That is what I call doing your homework. Don't believe what the Reps say, don't believe what the Dems say, make your own determinations based on your own research. Kudos to Marco, sets an example for this forum.
                      Hey much mahalos for the compliments, matapule!

I usually like to come up with my own opinion before reading/listening to what others have to say. Or at least I try to follow that general approach. Hoping to read the rest of it if I have more time this weekend...

That's what's called campaignin' to the 'toopid crowd. Y'betcha!
                      Yeah I hear ya and understand what the strategy is there.... I just don't like it. It says something (at least to me) when 100% of McCain's advertising is negative vs only 30% of Baracks.

What??????? Michelle actually went on a real television interview and sounded like she was making some sense? Unbelievable! Was she able to say what newspapers she read? OMG, they must have given her some special treatment.
                      LOL

Comment

Well, the 'bi-partisan' panel decided against sanctions and a criminal investigation, so she's off the big hook, even tho determined to be guilty as charged. So, along with the full report being kept secret, we'll never know the depth of true culpability.

Now that's gettin' all mavericky up there in Alaska's political world.

...maverick...wink

Comment

Yanno...after watching McCain try to deal with calming the hate/ignorance at one of his stumping speeches, I almost got to thinking that the "My fellow prisoners..." gaff wasn't due to PTSD or senility.

It was a Freudian slip type slip. He's being held prisoner by the Republican party machine.

Palin on the other hand...you can see she likes the energy of the haters. It's like pageant time for her, and she wants that tiara.

Comment

you all are such mavericks!
                            flickr

An email from God:
                            To: People of Earth
                            Date: 9/04/2007
                            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                            God

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                              Someone who, it almost pains me how phony she appears, with her on-again, off-again folksy accent, Joe Sixpacks and lame winks.
                              I agree.

Personally, I've had enough of the Blue Collar posers leading the country. The "hey, they're regular folks, just like me" , dumbed down "aw shucks" rheteroic that has been expoused by GWB is pure poison. Meanwhile they are pushing those middle class folks into poverty, and getting more of the money for themselves and their rich friends, because they earn their trust by dumbing down to their level.

Alot of republicans say Obama and Biden are "elitist" because they speak intelligently and and with composure. I say, give me someone smart for a change. I've had enough mispronunciation of the word "Nuclear" for 8 years, and other bad speaking skills.

That person who called Obama an Arab when speaking to McCain at a rally recently....those are the people that vote in people like GWB for a second term. At least McCain had the decency to say something to this moron. But, these are the people that GWB and, now Palin apppeal to because they are stupid and threatened by real intelligence.

Unfortunately there are so many of them, it's scary.
                              http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                              Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                              Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

I think Sarah Palin is on the verge of becoming the answer to trivia questions of the future. Not a moment too soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X