• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Sarah Palin's prepared speech included a phonetic spelling 'new-clear'

Palin mocks community organizers

Analysis: GOP contradicts self on Palin family

McCain: Palin Has Foreign Policy Experience Because ‘Alaska Is Right Next To Russia’ (now McCain himself is saying it, not just Cindy)
    Last edited by Vanguard; September 4, 2008, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
      Hmm, I would probably like LikaNui's mom.
      Oops: It should read lavagal's mom, although I'm sure I would like LikaNui's mom as well.
      * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
      - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Sarah Palin's husband has been a long time member of the Alaska Independence Party. Sarah Palin has attended their conventions, although never as an official member. Here is what the founder of the Alaska Independence Party wrote: “the fires of hell are frozen glaciers compared to my hatred for the American government.”

With regard to these facts, this is what blogger "scientician" posted:

"It really doesn't take much imagination to know how it would be taken if Obama had ever attended a Muslim Brotherhood or Black Panther convention, nevermind if Michelle Obama was herself an actual registered member of either organization."

Interesting perspective. Could there possibly be a double standard in the GOP?
        Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
          Will Palin's mockery be okay if McCain now praises community organizers? All the talk about the folly of McCain/Palin's pandering to the Republican Right, when the votes they need are elsewhere, misses the point that Pat Buchanan made a couple of days ago. The idea behind choosing Palin was to secure the Republican base so that, while Palin keeps the conservatives happy, McCain can move to the center, where he needs to be to win.
          Greg

Comment

Shameful. Maybe Photoshopped. Still gonna post it.

NSFMealtimes.

http://blatherwatch.blogs.com/photos...3/poo28215.jpg

Comment

Looks like republican votes.
              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by GregLee View Post
                Will Palin's mockery be okay if McCain now praises community organizers? All the talk about the folly of McCain/Palin's pandering to the Republican Right, when the votes they need are elsewhere, misses the point that Pat Buchanan made a couple of days ago. The idea behind choosing Palin was to secure the Republican base so that, while Palin keeps the conservatives happy, McCain can move to the center, where he needs to be to win.
                Speaking as a community organizer, Palin did have a valid point that having experience in community organizing does not equate to being a CEO of a major company, or to being experienced in leadership such as being Governor, etc. etc.
                Now run along and play, but don’t get into trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                  Does that mean Linda Lingle is a foreign policy expert with China?
                  "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
                  "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
                  "
                  Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani View Post
                    I think Peggy Noonan, she of the open microphone on MSN, was exactly right in how she described Palin:

"Because she jumbles up so many cultural categories, because she is a feminist not in the Yale Gender Studies sense but the How Do I Reload This Thang way, because she is a woman who in style, history, moxie and femininity is exactly like a normal American feminist and not an Abstract Theory feminist; because she wears makeup and heels and eats mooseburgers and is Alaska Tough, as Time magazine put it; because she is conservative, and pro-2nd Amendment and pro-life; and because conservatives can smell this sort of thing -- who is really one of them and who is not -- and will fight to the death for one of their beleaguered own; because of all of this she is a real and present danger to the American left, and to the Obama candidacy.
                    She could become a transformative political presence."

I've spent some time in Alaska for work and most recently for a family vacation and I will tell you that the women in Alaska are hardworking, gritty, no-nonsense folk whom I admire greatly. I don't believe this qualifies one for the office of VP, but it does, for me, compete adequately with Obama's story of "personal discovery".
                    boooyah.

But as I said, the debates are all-important. Then we will see if there is any meat to her personal narrative.

Now, I gotta say this: I love Joe Biden. He was always one of the more entertaining debaters. I hope he realizes that he had better take his gloves off when he debates Palin, because the Govermamma is coming with her brass-knuckle polish.

pax

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                      Does that mean Linda Lingle is a foreign policy expert with China?
                      No, with the Philippines.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                        I love Joe Biden. He was always one of the more entertaining debaters. I hope he realizes that he had better take his gloves off when he debates Palin, because the Govermamma is coming with her brass-knuckle polish.
                        No, he'd better keep kid gloves on. Just because she can be sharp with him doesn't mean he can with her. It's not fair to us men, but that's just the way it is. She's a girl. And Joe Biden better go into politeness-training before the debate, because he has a reputation for letting his tongue run away from him when he gets excited.
                        Greg

Comment

in a fistfight, I'd agree, but he will lose more points if he treats her in a debate any differently than he would have HRC. He will lose the independents if he appears patronizing. Keep away from her family, hold her accountable for experience and public service record.

pax

Comment

No, he'd better keep kid gloves on. Just because she can be sharp with him doesn't mean he can with her. It's not fair to us men, but that's just the way it is.
                            "That's just the way it is." Sez you.

Wouldn't the Republicans love it if everybody drank from that pitcher of kool-aid?

For the voters who happen to take this election seriously and want to make the right decision about who is best qualified to be a "heartbeat away from the Presidency," punches can't and shouldn't be pulled.

She's a girl.
                            Hmmm, she's been billed as a hardworking mother (not "girl") of 5 children and able to handle the job of Alaska Governor. Someone who, in her own words, "stood up to the special interests, the lobbyists, big oil companies, and the good-ol' boys network.

Now, are voters supposed to accept all those things at face value,.... and then turn around and expect that she needs to be handled with kid gloves in a debate? GMAB!

How is anyone supposed to have confidence in Sarah Palin doing her part to bring about reform in Washington if the normal rules of campaign and politicking have to be changed for her, because of her gender? If she actually gets into office, do you think that the forces of corruption will go easy on her and make accomodations, just because she's a woman?

Nothing personal, but I hope your viewpoint is a minority one. If it isn't, then as the old saying goes,.... voters get the kind of govt. they deserve.
                            Last edited by Frankie's Market; September 4, 2008, 12:03 PM.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                              Nothing personal, but I hope your viewpoint is a minority one.
                              I'm not giving my own personal view of how Biden should treat Palin (I don't care what he does to her). Rather, I'm giving my estimate of how those small-town, working women with traditional values from Ohio, Pennsylvania and the like, who are supposed to be swing voters, are going to react, if he beats up on her. They're not going to like it. He could score lots of debating points, but lose votes.
                              Greg

Comment

*snort*

You wanna play with the big dogs, you'd best bite like an alpha bitch...and not whine like a cur when bitten.

Comment

Working...
                                X