Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Default Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Here's a Breaking News story about Sarah refusing to cooperate with an investigation into her activities:
    Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will not cooperate with a legislative investigation into the firing of her public safety commissioner, the McCain-Palin presidential campaign announced Monday, accusing supporters of Democratic rival Barack Obama of manipulating the inquiry for political motivations.
    Gov. Sarah Palin is fighting allegations she improperly tried to force the firing of her former brother-in-law.
    Former Palin Press Secretary Meg Stapleton told reporters in Anchorage that the investigation has been "hijacked" by "Obama operatives" for the Democratic presidential nominee -- namely, Alaska state Sen. Hollis French, the Democratic lawmaker managing the investigation and an Obama supporter. French has denied working on behalf of the Obama campaign.
    The Obama campaign described Stapleton's charge as "complete paranoia." It has denied sending campaign staff to Alaska to work with the legislative committee's investigation.
    McCain campaign spokesman Ed O'Callaghan said Palin will not cooperate with "that investigation so long as it remained tainted and run by partisan individuals who have a predetermined conclusion," referring to a comment by French earlier this month that the case could produce criminal charges or an "October Surprise" for the GOP ticket.
    Palin, the Republican nominee for vice president, is battling allegations that she and her advisers pressured then-Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan to fire a state trooper going through a bitter custody dispute with her sister -- and that Monegan was terminated when he refused. Palin says she fired Monegan over budget issues and denies wrongdoing.
    (...)
    Much more at that link noted above.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Lightbulb Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    Breaking News story ...
    Palin, the Republican nominee for vice president, is battling allegations that she and her advisers pressured then-Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan to fire a state trooper going through a bitter custody dispute with her sister -- and that Monegan was terminated when he refused. Palin says she fired Monegan over budget issues and denies wrongdoing.
    (...)
    And ABC’s Brian Ross, who has uncovered some of the most scathing information to date, gives us this latest report in which video footage of Palin contradicts her claims. In a speech just three months before he was fired, Palin repeatedly praises Monagan for his stellar performance. Women’s groups ABC interviewed also credit Monagan as one of the top advocates for victims of domestic violence.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin will not cooperate with a legislative investigation into the firing of her public safety commissioner, the McCain-Palin presidential campaign announced Monday, accusing supporters of Democratic rival Barack Obama of manipulating the inquiry for political motivations.
    Yeah, that makes sense. The idea that the Obama campaign is engineering this grand conspiracy.

The truth? The Alaska state legislative judiciary committee that voted to issue the 13 subpoenas to Gov. Palin's inner circle (including her husband) was made up of 3 Republicans and 2 Democrats. Moreover, the deciding vote was cast by a Republican. And get this: he is a state senator who represents Palin's hometown of Wasilla! It's all here.

http://www.adn.com/palin/story/524038.html

The abuse of power investigation against Gov. Sarah Palin, the Republican vice presidential candidate, took a potentially ominous turn for her party today when state lawmakers voted to subpoena her husband.

Republican efforts to delay the probe until after the Nov. 4 election were thwarted when GOP state Sen. Charlie Huggins, who represents Palin's hometown of Wasilla, sided with Democrats. "Let's just get the facts on the table," said Huggins, who appeared in camouflage pants to vote during a break from moose hunting.

I guess the next major development in this story would be for those any or all of those subpoenaed to be no-shows at their hearing. Y'know, for a McCain/Palin ticket that have really given a lot of lip service about bringing change to Washington, Palin's people defying the subpoenas would look an awful lot like the stonewalling tactics the Bush White House has engaged in, with Karl Rove, Harriet Miers, and Joshua Bolton also defying congressional subpoenas.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

The more information of Sarah Palin is known. She might be a first round draft choice by the Republican party who turns out to be (pardon the expression) a bust. Where did the Mel Kiper Jr. of politics projected her draft selection potential?

Wow.

I'm starting to think that Sarah Palin is a lying sack of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalalinder View Post
    Wow.

I'm starting to think that Sarah Palin is a lying sack of crap.
    What is the difference between Sarah Palin and lying sack of crap?.................
    Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    What is the difference between Sarah Palin and lying sack of crap?
    "Sacks of crap" can be used to help things flourish and grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo Lakio View Post
    "Sacks of crap" can be used to help things flourish and grow.
    Sometimes, if it is processed, emulsified, packaged, and with the right amount of NPK. And sometimes it can kill if not applied correctly......but the smell is overpowering! Sarah Palin is no disappointment in DC with the BS factor. Just what we need, more fertilizer.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Someone is out to process her, her yahoo e-mail account was hacked:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the...nt_hacked.html

Someone has hacked Sarah Palin's Yahoo email account. I don't approve and I hope they're caught and punished.

Dem hackers better watch out. If Palin becomes VeePee, she's gonna brand them domestic terrorists (assuming they're americans) and sic Homeland Security on them.

Hmm. I wonder if she's granted special protection, now that she's a candidate? Like getting Secret Service protection.

Anyways. I like this quote:

Andrée McLeod, the activist who filed the FOIA request, said Wednesday evening that Palin should have known better than to conduct state business using an unsecured e-mail account.

"If this woman is so careless as to conduct state business on a private e-mail account that has been hacked into, what in the world is she going to do when she has access to information that is vital to our national security interests?" she asked.
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
    "
    Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

And her password was...

popcorn

*sigh*
    "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
    "

Quote Originally Posted by MyopicJoe View Post
    And her password was...

popcorn
    Isn't that the name of one of her kids?
    Burl Burlingame
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
    honoluluagonizer.com

Quote Originally Posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Isn't that the name of one of her kids?
    Bwaha!
    (Piper)

Dem hackers better watch out. If Palin becomes VeePee, she's gonna brand them domestic terrorists (assuming they're americans) and sic Homeland Security on them.

Hmm. I wonder if she's granted special protection, now that she's a candidate? Like getting Secret Service protection.

Anyways. I like this quote:
    Andrée McLeod, the activist who filed the FOIA request, said Wednesday evening that Palin should have known better than to conduct state business using an unsecured e-mail account.

"If this woman is so careless as to conduct state business on a private e-mail account that has been hacked into, what in the world is she going to do when she has access to information that is vital to our national security interests?" she asked.
    Contine using Yahoo! mail,.... but type everything in pig latin.

Seriously, McLeod is right. This whole affair makes Palin look even more naive than she already appears. She's definitely not ready to step into the Presidency in a heartbeat. Whatever could McCain have been thinking?

Country first? Picking Palin to be his running mate was McCain putting his presidential campaign first, if you ask me.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Lightbulb Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

And her password was...

popcorn

*sigh*
    Do you know if there’s a mirror of the wikileaks site? The site is swamped with traffic, and I have not been able to get in. I really need to read those emails for hopelessly voyeuristic purposes. Someone please help!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Quote Originally Posted by Peshkwe View Post
    Here ya go:
    Cool. Thanks for the link, Peshkwe.

I wonder why the person who took the screen shots left their Steam chat window open.
    "

Cool. Thanks for the link, Peshkwe.

I wonder why the person who took the screen shots left their Steam chat window open.

A catch me if you can moment?

A brain fart?

'Cause they're prolly all of 14-16 years old or so?

Haha! They hacked the account, then they went back to playing CS:S!

Talking Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Had a good belly-laugh on this one. For Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton on SNL, click here.

USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

I just listened to Sarah Palin give a speech at a Republican rally. She referred to the next leaders in Washington DC as the "Palin/McCain Administration!"

It has also been reported that McCain and Palin appeared at a rally together. Palin spoke first. When McCain started to speak, people started leaving!

I wonder if McCain is having second thoughts about this monster he has created?

I think she is a novelty and people will soon lose interest once they figure out she is all mukluks and nothing upstairs in the igloo.

Quote Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
    Had a good belly-laugh on this one. For Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton on SNL, click here.
    (Fox News's Sean) Hannity asked Palin if she saw Tina’s Fey’s impression of her on “Saturday Night Live.” Palin said that she did see it, but she didn’t listen to Fey’s stinging satire.

“I watched with the volume all the way down and I thought it was hilarious, she was spot on,” Palin said.

“Do you think you could play her one day?” Hannity asked.

“Oh, absolutely, Palin said. “It was hilarious. Again, I didn't hear a word she said, but the visual was spot on.”

A day after the “Saturday Night Live” spot aired, Palin Spokesperson Tracey Schmitt told CBS News, “She thought it was quite funny, particularly because she once dressed up as Tina Fey for Halloween.”
    From this.

To use a sports analogy, Palin is reading and believing all her press clippings. When that happens, you become careless, think you are invincable, and then you are ready for a big fall.

Quote Originally Posted by matapule View Post
    I just listened to Sarah Palin give a speech at a Republican rally. She referred to the next leaders in Washington DC as the "Palin/McCain Administration!"

It has also been reported that McCain and Palin appeared at a rally together. Palin spoke first. When McCain started to speak, people started leaving!

I wonder if McCain is having second thoughts about this monster he has created?
    Didn't Urkel start off as a supporting cast member? He then became the star of the show, and you could sense tension from their body language of the other cast members, even when they're acting.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast