This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

When Palin was first announced as the VP pick, Troopergate was brushed off by the McCain team as being some baseless attack against Sarah Palin and that the governor was being fully cooperative with the legislature's investigation. Everything was going to turn out fine for Palin, we were assured.

But what has happened since? Seven members of Palin's cabinet and staff called into provide depositions to the investigator were no-shows and have been subpoenaed. Palin has tried to take the ethics investigation out of the hands of the Alaskan legislature and turned over to a 3 person state personnel board. And now, Palin's attorney is accusing the legislature's independent investigator of being biased.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...2YOxwD934A0C80

If you ask me, Gov. Palin has been anything but cooperative with her state legislature in this ethics probe.
    This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Check out this story on the ABC News website about her interview with Charles Gibson.
      Item #1: Sarah wants to us to go to war with Russia!!!
      Gov. Sarah Palin took a hard-line approach on national security and said that war with Russia may be necessary if Georgia were to join NATO and be invaded by Russia.
      The article also includes this:
      Watch Charles Gibson's exclusive interviews with Gov. Sarah Palin beginning tonight on "World News" and "Nightline." Charles Gibson will do three interviews with Palin today and tomorrow. More Friday on "Good Morning America " at 7 a.m. ET," "World News" and on "20/20," which will broadcast a one-hour special edition at 10 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
        Check out this story on the ABC News website about her interview with Charles Gibson.
        Item #1: Sarah wants to us to go to war with Russia!!! [...]
        Well, she does have international relations experience what with Alaska being so close to Russia, y'know! Maybe she'll take us to war, take over Russia, build a bridge from Alaska to nowhere Russia, secede from the good ol' USA and live happily ever after while sitting on a throne, holding a gun with a dressed moose at her feet! Ooooh, I feel a movie in the making!

Comment

Sarah wants to us to go to war with Russia
          This is one scary extremist....on a task from God.

I read an item a couple of weeks ago that Sarah Palin and her extremist Assemby of God Church in Wasilla is affiliated with a fundamentalist Christian cult that believes that God has ordained them to start Armageddon around the world. They believe that they will be the only ones spared by the hand of God and they will start a new world based on evangelical fundamentalist Christian doctrine. I guess they presume they can avoid all the nuclear radiation by some sort of miracle. I have lost the link, maybe Vanguard can find it, he's good at that.

Pay attention everyone.
          Last edited by matapule; September 11, 2008, 02:53 PM.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Item #1: Sarah wants to us to go to war with Russia!!!
            Gov. Sarah Palin took a hard-line approach on national security and said that war with Russia may be necessary if Georgia were to join NATO and be invaded by Russia.
            Well now. If Georgia did, in fact, join NATO, the US as well as every other member of NATO would have to take the necessary steps to protect a fellow country that is part of the pact. Palin is absolutely right about that.

However, for the purposes of this first interview with the national media, it probably would have been wiser for her to be more nuanced in her comments. Talking about going to war with Russia because they invaded a fellow NATO country might not play well to an American public that is concerned about how our military force is already being taxed by what is going on in Iraq and Afghanistan.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Man, Palin seems to love getting people fired. Is she a bully or a woman of change?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1kLecUOmlY
              "By concealing your desires, you may trick people into being cruel about the wrong thing." --Steven Aylett, Fain the Sorcerer
              "You gotta get me to the tall corn." --David Mamet, Spartan
              "
              Amateurs talk technology, professionals talk conditions." --(unknown)

Comment

Originally posted by MyopicJoe View Post
                Man, Palin seems to love getting people fired. Is she a bully or a woman of change?
                She fires anyone who doesn't agree with her. That's the definition of a bully.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Part One of the interview just aired. Anyone else watch it? (Part Two will be at the end of the news, in another couple of minutes.)
                  She seemed like a puppet. Reciting vague generic party lines by rote, but unable to expand on them. Charlie isn't being soft or rude, but firm.
                  Charlie - 1
                  Sarah - 0

Comment

She seemed like a puppet. Reciting vague generic party lines by rote, but unable to expand on them. Charlie isn't being soft or rude, but firm.
                    Charlie - 1
                    Sarah - 0
                    Psssst...LikaNui! What happened to your “spoilers”?! Some of us don't have cable and are waiting for the video to be uploaded to either the ABC website, or youtube!

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                    USA TODAY, page 2A
                    11 March 1993

Comment

Part One of the interview just aired. Anyone else watch it? (Part Two will be at the end of the news, in another couple of minutes.)
                      Charlie - 1
                      Sarah - 0
                      Sarah Palin had an easy schedule so far. Is Charles Gibson from a BCS conference? Will Sarah Palin be able to win on the road? She has to be Sarah Connor in the Terminator IV.
                      Last edited by Walkoff Balk; September 11, 2008, 07:51 PM. Reason: add

Comment

I didn't like the way Palin often failed to provide a direct answer to direct questions.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2...5782924&page=4

After Palin danced around the question regarding the "Bush Doctrine", Gibson turned toward the topic of going after terrorists in other countries. When asked directly if America could cross a border without the approval of that government, Palin never did give a firm "yes" or "no".

Instead, she kept repeating the same vaguely hawkish response she gave three times before. I took it as a "yes". Which means if she ever gets hold of the reins, our military will be sent into yet another conflict and make yet more enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                          Psssst...LikaNui! What happened to your “spoilers”?!
                          Okay then, sports fans. After seeing Part Two of the interview my scorecard shows...

Charlie -- 2.5
                          Sarah -- 0

Whatcha think?

Comment

http://www.mooseinheadlights.com/

Miss South Carolina never gets old.

If that was Joe Biden, he'd be done.

Comment

LikaNui: I get nuffin when I click your spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                                Bush Doctrine.....Bush Doctrine.....let's see.....it's.....aaaa......Bush Doctrine.....well I had oatmeal for breakfast this morning.

Does that woman, Ms Palin, use her brain for anything other than to keep her ears apart?

I apologize for being so snarky this morning. My bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X