X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Originally posted by Creative-1 View Post

These are just my musings... I do have a list of things I like about her but it's pretty short.

Let family and aides lobby 36 times to fire ex-brother-in-law
    He probably drank all the beer and didn't bring any gochusho at family get togethers.

Comment

Sharon Osborne (Mrs. Ozzie), altho' an 'alien', steps up to bat on the subject of Sarah Palin on the Ellen Degeneris Show today!

Home run!

Comment

Good one, Tutu! Sharon was great. (And remarkably under control too. )

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Actually, Vanguard, she said, "I'll try to find you some and bring'm to YA." I thought she said it kind of snarky, but that's just me. Sharon Osborne is right, "Disney mom goes to Washington to save the world." Shame on John McCain.
          Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
            Palin: I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you.
            Originally posted by matapule View Post
            Actually, Vanguard, she said, "I'll try to find you some and bring'm to YA." I thought she said it kind of snarky, but that's just me. Sharon Osborne is right, "Disney mom goes to Washington to save the world." Shame on John McCain.
            I believe it also proves that Palin knows as little about her running mate as he does about her. Scary stuff.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
            USA TODAY, page 2A
            11 March 1993

Comment

Well she lost her appeal on limiting where natives could subsistence moose hunt:

http://www.indianz.com/News/2008/011017.asp

In a unanimous decision, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals refused to overturn federal approval of a subsistence moose hunt in rural Alaska. The Cheesh-na Tribal Council won the right to expand its traditional and customary hunting area before the Federal Subsistence Board.

Palin's administration challenged the board's approval in hopes of limiting where tribal members could hunt. But the 9th Circuit said the evidence strongly favored the tribal council, whose leaders intervened in the case with the help of the Native American Rights Fund.

NARF attorney Heather Kendall-Miller represented the tribe and its president, Larry Sinyon. She cited the case in a widely-read critique of Palin that has been circulating in Indian Country ever since the governor was selected by Sen. John McCain (R-Arizona) as his running mate.

"Palin's attack here has targeted (among others) the Ahtna Indian people in Chistochina; and although the federal court last year rejected this challenge, too, Palin has refused to lay down her arms," wrote Kendall-Miller and her husband, Lloyd Miller, another prominent Native rights attorney. "The battle has thus moved on to the appellate courts."

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newopinions.nsf/ECBA5BB9F1CB88EF882574CD000F0B78/$file/0735723.pdf?openelement

if that doesn't open (it wouldn't for me from the article's link) go directly to the page the pdf is on, it's the 14th down:

STATE OF ALASKA V. FEDERAL SUBSISTENCE BOARD
              http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/ca9/newo...100&Expand=1.1

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                Thanks for the clarification, Matapule! I always read these things via internet -- I very rarely see them on television, so I don't catch details like that unless someone mentions it by text.

Comment

• Day-umn!

Sharon Osbourne for president!!!

At least let her go up against this Sarah creature in the VP debate!
                  https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Sarah actually met the press today, according to this CNN article.
                    Gov. Sarah Palin took questions from reporters who travel with her campaign Thursday for the first time since being tapped as John McCain's running mate.
                    (...)
                    Reporters were told 20 minutes ahead of time that, after a visit to ground zero in lower Manhattan, Palin would make a statement and then there would be an opportunity for questions.
                    In her first media availability of the campaign, Palin spoke only to a few reporters, not her full press corps.
                    After her statement, she answered four questions -- about the war on terrorism, the re-election bids of Alaska's Sen. Ted Stevens and Rep. Don Young, and the bailout legislation in front of Congress.
                    The Q&A session followed weeks of criticism about her lack of access to the media.
                    On Wednesday, the Republican vice presidential candidate gave her third network interview, this time with CBS' Katie Couric.
                    In comparison, Sen. Joe Biden has given 89 national and local interviews, according to the campaign.
                    "I have never seen a presidential or vice presidential nominee, in my lifetime, be so inaccessible to the national media," said Howard Kurtz, a Washington Post and CNN media critic.
                    This week, Palin met with international leaders on the sidelines of the United Nations' General Assembly meetings in New York, but once again, she was largely shielded from reporters.
                    At first, the campaign said Tuesday that no reporters would be allowed in on the meetings, only a photographer and camera crew.
                    McCain-Palin campaign officials shifted course after being informed by television news organizations that they would not broadcast footage of her meeting with Hamid Karzai, the president of Afghanistan, if a reporter was not allowed in to observe the pair.
                    CNN, which was the pool network for the event, was told that a CNN producer would be allowed in the room to act as a media representative just minutes before the photo op was scheduled to take place.
                    However, print reporters and wire services were not allowed to observe the meeting, as they have been able to do at similar McCain events in the past.
                    The press caught only a brief glimpse of the vice presidential nominee; CNN's producer and other photographers were allowed in the room for just 29 seconds.
                    (...)
                    The full pool -- a print and wires reporter and a television producer -- was then allowed in to observe Palin's meeting with Colombian President Alvaro Uribe for about 20 seconds.
                    (...)
                    Michael Carey, a columnist for the Anchorage Daily News who has been covering Palin for two years, said things have changed since she became the VP nominee. "She had a good relationship with the press here. Reporters got access to her when they needed to," he said. "The Anchorage Daily News has not talked to her since August 30, and we're the hometown newspaper. That ought to tell you something."
                    (...)
                    And you can read the transcript of her press meeting today at this link. Prepare to either or . Mostly the former, methinks.
                    And read some of the reader comments after the transcript. You'll .

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The National Enquirer is not giving up on the story that Sarah Palin had an extra-marital affair. The victim, I mean target is Todd Palin's business partner, Brad Hanson. The Enquirer states they have 4 corroborations, one a sworn statement and one a lie detector test.

Personally, Palin's sexual escapades do not make a difference to me one way or the other. There are many other good reasons why she should not be VP. However, there are a lot of voters out there in middle America who will care. And when it comes to Clinton and Edwards, fair is only fair when it comes to reporting.
                      Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Is her accent a Canadian one? She should get an endorsement from the MacKenzie Brothers. She can see Canada from her house. So, Take Off, eh!

Comment

Nah-nah-nahnah!!!

No way is that a canuk accent! My accent is closer to canuk than hers...get the whole ouwt(out)/boowt(boat) thing going on too....AND I know the difference between a loonie and a toonie.

Her accent is closer to Minnesota and Wisconsin, she has that nasally Scandinavian descendant thing happening. Canuk is way mellower to the ear with a little sing songy lilt to it.

Comment

For you early sleepers, here's Letterman's Sarah Palin Top 10.

TOP 10 SURPRISING FACTS ABOUT SARAH PALIN

10. Sometimes Sarah calls John McCain “Grandpa.”

9. She stole that sexy librarian look from me.

8. Recently passed legislation to build a bridge to Funkytown.

7. Does great impressions of Tina Fey.

6. Favorite meal: moose nuggets and beaver jerky.

5. Working on “Knight Rider” spinoff about a talking snowmobile.

4. Favorite book? “Late Show Fun Facts” -– available at fine stores everywhere.

3. Once spent a week in the hospital after attempting to put lipstick on a pit bull.

2. To improve her foreign policy experience, she recently went to the International House of Pancakes.

1. Only person I know who’s not afraid to go hunting with Dick Cheney.
                            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Can interviews with Sarah Palin be any more painful?

I'm willing to bet that Katie Couric would be a better VP than Palin.
                              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X