This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

I can see an Obama win in November with my eyes closed, and yes, wide awake.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Hope this hasn't been posted yet.
      Attached Files
      I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lei K View Post
        Hope this hasn't been posted yet.
        For those of you who want the history behind that internet meme, this is it.

Comment

flickr

An email from God:
          To: People of Earth
          Date: 9/04/2007
          Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
          God

Comment

.......edited....repost, lol.
            Last edited by TATTRAT; October 16, 2008, 02:29 PM. Reason: repost
            flickr

An email from God:
            To: People of Earth
            Date: 9/04/2007
            Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
            God

Comment

I don't think I even need to add a witty caption

Attached Files
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

...and this song just began playing on my mental jukebox...

Comment

I watched the complete SNL show tonite - funny, it was not what was described on the internet. Palin only apppeared on an Weedend Update bit. She did not appear with Lorne Michaels, nor did I see Alec Baldwin acting as host. It seemed that the host was Josh Brolin. It was a good show but not what I kept reading about on the net. Did anyone else see a different version?
                  "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                  – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

I missed the start of the show. Here's what can be seen at Huffington Post.

The Tina Fey & Palin look uncanningly similar at the end. They're even about the same height.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_135887.html

If Fey can be a body double for Palin. Or if the election doesn't work out, maybe Palin can get an acting job with SNL.

Comment

To Avoid Being 'Depressed,' Palin Skimps on Campaign News

Comment

Originally posted by Composite 2992 View Post
                        I missed the start of the show. Here's what can be seen at Huffington Post.

The Tina Fey & Palin look uncanningly similar at the end. They're even about the same height.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_135887.html
                        I give that woman alot of credit!!! (Palin)

Again I say this - she is hated many and I am sure she is loved by a few and I respect that Palin woman for sticking it out - regardless of the negative scathing things thrown at her.

win or not - she wins with me

Aloha
                        stay forever young

Comment

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
                          I watched the complete SNL show tonite - funny, it was not what was described on the internet. Palin only apppeared on an Weedend Update bit. She did not appear with Lorne Michaels, nor did I see Alec Baldwin acting as host. It seemed that the host was Josh Brolin. It was a good show but not what I kept reading about on the net. Did anyone else see a different version?
                          I saw her in the opening bit (she got to say the "Live from New York..." bit). She did appear with Lorne Michaels and Alec Baldwin in the beginning (I didn't watch the rest of it so I dunno if she appeared elsewhere).

Comment

Fey as Palin appears in a "press conference" opening skit. It's being viewed by the real Palin and Lorne Michaels back stage. Mark Walberg joins them for a brief exchange...as does Alec Baldwin, who acts like he's standing next to Fey as Palin! When he realizes he's with the real Palin he remarks that she's a lot hotter in person then offers her a tour of the studio. Cut to Fey as Palin still in the press conference when Baldwin rushes out to whisper something in her ear. Fey as Palin responds, "The real one? Bye." and exits frame from the same direction the real Palin enters frame. They cross by each other as the real Palin steps up to the podium to deliver the "Live from New York..." line. IMHO, it paled in comparison to the first 2 shows' skits.

DVRs rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeking Penance View Post
                              I give that woman alot of credit!!! (Palin)

Again I say this - she is hated many and I am sure she is loved by a few and I respect that Palin woman for sticking it out - regardless of the negative scathing things thrown at her.

win or not - she wins with me

Aloha
                              I have respect for anyone willing to face the intrusive spotlight of politics. Doesn't mean they'd get my vote, mind you. In order to do that, they would need to be the candidate who most closely reflects my values and beliefs. In recent years, that has not been the candidates put forward by the Republican Party. The Democratic ones have been moving farther away from my "tastes" as well - but they are usually still closer on the scale, at least on the national level. Locally, there have been many non-Democrat candidates I've supported.

Comment

Was there any mention of the movie based on Sarah Palin by Larry Flynt on SNL?

Comment

Working...
                                X