X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sarah Palin - pros & cons

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
    Given that Palin is a governor, and Bush was a governor, that particular field is getting tainted as a barometer of political acumen.
    Let’s not forget Willy “I let tens of millions of dollars worth of cocaine pass through Mena, Arkansas because me and my ’lil brother were cocaine addicts” Clinton.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
      If there's a silver lining to this teen pregnancy affair, I hope it's this:

Now that organizations like Focus On The Family and the Family Research Council have made the decision to embrace and not condemn Gov. Palin's daughter for her pregnancy, then in the future, AFAIAC, these right-wing Christian Fundamentalists groups should not be in the business of condemning any politician (Democrat or Republican) for any kind of indiscretion their children may have committed.
      Why are you so concern about those groups? Not many Republican supporters equate themselves to them.
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
        Given that Palin is a governor, and Bush was a governor, that particular field is getting tainted as a barometer of political acumen.
        True, especially if you counted the former governor of Arkansas, Slick Willy.
        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Jimmy Carter was Governor of Georgia too, we've elected two Southern Democrats in the last 32 years. I don't think too many can fault President Carter's post-Presidency accomplishments from Habitat for Humanity to Nobel Peace Prize winner.

Well speaking for accomplishments there is George W. Bush who once owned the Texas Rangers, shortly after he sold the ball club, the team finally had success and made the playoffs in 1996 after 25 years as a franchise.

Clinton had near 70% approval ratings when he left office in 2001 despite a second term filled with nothing but investigations as to the DNA on a stained dress, impeachment, etc.

Despite all that, his approval ratings not too shaby.

Meanwhile George W. Bush might leave office with approval ratings in the 20-30% range. Good job George! I'm sure your daddy is proud, 20 years a Bush was in the White House in one form or the other since 1981 and each exit from the White House the American public was happy to see them go off into the sunset.

If you think people are sick of the Clinton's, well I got news for you...

Aj
          Last edited by Kalihiboy; September 2, 2008, 10:30 PM.

Comment

More Palin revelations:

1) While the McCain camp uncovered records showing that Sarah Palin has continually registered herself as a Republican since 1982, Alaskan election officials confirm that husband Todd registered with the Alaska Independence Party in 1995 and 2000. Moreover, Gov. Palin addressed the AIP's 2007 convention by video hookup. All this seems to undercut the McCain campaign slogan of "Country First."

2) Palin accepted $4,500 in campaign contributions from an Alaskan oil company (VECO Corporation) during her unsuccessful bid for the lieutenant governor election in 2002. VECO has been linked to a bribery and corruption scandal that has led to an indictment of longtime Alaska Senator Ted Stevens. While the money that Palin received was not illegal, it once again undercuts her image as a reformer and a maverick against the state's old boy network.

By now, one has to seriously wonder how much longer McCain can keep Palin on board before she does irreperable damage to the GOP ticket.
            Last edited by Frankie's Market; September 3, 2008, 12:23 AM.
            This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Personal details re: Bristol herself, the identity of her child's father, the details of their relationship,..... all this is completely IRRELEVANT to the campaign.
              Sarah Palin has dragged her daughter into the campaign. Sarah Palin has made it relevant to the campaign. Don't blame HT members.
              Peace, Love, and Local Grindz

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                Let’s not forget Willy “I let tens of millions of dollars worth of cocaine pass through Mena, Arkansas because me and my ’lil brother were cocaine addicts” Clinton.
                This post is nothing but SPAM. You do a disservice to HT. You "quote" Bill Clinton. Obviously, he never said that. If you are trying to be funny, it ain't. I will never be an apologist for Bill Clinton. He said enough things to get himself in trouble. But your post is garbage. If you want to post this kind of junk, do it on your "my space" site.

People who form FIRM opinions with so little knowledge only pretend to be open-minded. They select their facts like food from a buffet. David R. Dow

Comment

Originally posted by matapule View Post
                  This post is nothing but SPAM. You do a disservice to HT. You "quote" Bill Clinton. Obviously, he never said that.
                  Obviously, you haven’t watched the video, or the documentary it was snipped from. Nor any of the reports filed by practicing journalists that have reached the same conclusions. No, you’re one of those “if it ’aint about bashing conservatives, then I don’t want to know.” I hear you. And here I thought you were one of the objective ones. Silly me. Of course Billy Bob didn’t say that. When you were raised by crooks to become crook-in-chief, why would you admit wrongdoing? He couldn’t even admit a so-called harmless sexual liason.

If you are trying to be funny, it ain't ... But your post is garbage. If you want to post this kind of junk, do it on your "my space" site.
                  Or what? You gonna call the feds on me? I stand by my post, every last word. If you can disprove any of it, I double-dog dare you. I bet you can’t.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

USA TODAY, page 2A
                  11 March 1993

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                    Or what? You gonna call the feds on me? I stand by my post, every last word. If you can disprove any of it, I double-dog dare you. I bet you can’t.
                    Two words: supercilious sycophant

Comment

""[Pray] for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending out.....on a task that is from God....That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

What is this? The latest message from Al Quaida? The Taliban? Rev. Wright? James Dobson, FOTF?

No this is a quote from Sarah Palin as she addressed the members of the Assembly of God Church in Wasilla. This from the The Huffiington Post

The HuffPost goes on to say:

"On an entirely different front, also disclosed by HuffPost, Palin, in supporting a $30 billion Alaskan national gas pipeline project, said: "I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get that gas line built, so pray for that."

So now God is in the oil business? This woman blasphemes. She could be praying for the refugees in Darfur, the ghetto children of Rio, or world peace even. But no, she prays for the industry in which her husband is employed.

The day of reckoning will come when this woman meets her god.

Comment

Vetting Sarah Palin is a serious affair. I think the discussions on this Board have been, for the most part, on topic. I do not support the following which has been posted on the Internet by someone trying to be funny.

This picture is NOT true. This is not Sarah Palin. It is a fabrication. It has been PhotoShopped into something it isn't. Do not fall for this stuff. Keep your eye on the ball.

Here is the real picture

No crude comments please.

Comment

Two words: supercilious sycophant
                          In the words of timkona, “Ahhh...namecalling. A safe harbor.”

USA TODAY, page 2A
                          11 March 1993

Comment

Regarding Governors becoming President or Vice President in recent memory, good or bad, I'm surprised no one has mentioned Reagan.

Comment

Sarah Palin has dragged her daughter into the campaign. Sarah Palin has made it relevant to the campaign. Don't blame HT members.
                              If you're going to take me to task for supposedly "blaming" HT members, then please quote my remark completely. You left out my last sentence. It should have read,

Personal details re: Bristol herself, the identity of her child's father, the details of their relationship,..... all this is completely IRRELEVANT to the campaign. I don't know about anybody else here, but I choose not to have have any part in discussing this kind of information.
                              Note that I am not "blaming" or criticizing anyone else. Also note that I was strictly speaking for myself. What anyone else chooses to air out, that's up to them. I'm no moderator.
                              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The coolest part is killing animals from the air. How very sporting. But why waste money on bullets? Just spread poisoned bait around, you can kill all the bears and wolves and beavers and deer and moose, etc, you'd ever want! A few sticks of dynamite in a lake, voila, all the dead fish a true American like Palin could ever hope for. What a hero.

Comment

Working...
                                X