its my 6 month Hawaii anniversary!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its my 6 month Hawaii anniversary!

I can't believe it, today is our 6 month anniversary here on Oahu!! How the time flies!! It has been wonderful, wacky, and wierd, but we made it to the 6 month marker.

I want to celebrate BIG time, (cuz Hawaii hasn't exactly been very easy on me) and Sven was thinking sunset cruise. We're celebrating tomorrow, as I have school tonight.

I'm still thinking about what we could do that would be super cool and exciting. What would yall want to do if you were celebrating your Hawaii Anniversary??
    ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Re: its my 6 month Hawaii anniversary!

Originally posted by turtlegirl View Post
    What would yall want to do if you were celebrating your Hawaii Anniversary??
    Without hesitation or thought of cost, I would, of course, invite ALL my HT compadres out to a big, wild, fancy and fun-filled dinner. Even the non-Island-based ones.

Comment

Last Saturday night I was invited out on a sunset cruise aboard a 30' catamaran named the Ho'onanea based out of Haleiwa Harbor. It was
      an awesome 2 hours, we saw lots of rainbows and so enjoyed seeing the
      beautiful N.S. coastline from the 3 miles out that we went. It was from 5-7,
      they had pupus onboard for guests from Breakerz in Haleiwa that were
      delicious and provided water and soda (you could byob if you wanted).
      They have a website something like North Shore Catamaran or similar.
      I know they have a Kama'aina rate but don't know what that would be
      we were guests aboard and didn't ask. I would love to go again and
      highly suggest it to anyone interested in that sort of thing especially if
      you don't want to go to Waikiki/town. There were about 5 tourists on
      board who were really nice too.

For dinner I would skip HJ's up there the service stinks - was there service Come back to Kaneohe and have better food and better
      servers to be sure and you don't have to drive home so far after a drink
      to celebrate your 6 months!

Comment

Right on turtleg! good luck even more in the upcoming year!

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
          Last Saturday night I was invited out on a sunset cruise aboard a 30' catamaran named the Ho'onanea based out of Haleiwa Harbor. It was
          an awesome 2 hours, we saw lots of rainbows and so enjoyed seeing the
          beautiful N.S. coastline from the 3 miles out that we went. It was from 5-7,
          they had pupus onboard for guests from Breakerz in Haleiwa that were
          delicious and provided water and soda (you could byob if you wanted).
          They have a website something like North Shore Catamaran or similar.
          I know they have a Kama'aina rate but don't know what that would be
          we were guests aboard and didn't ask.

We looked into that recently; they quoted a starting price of $60.00 per person, and that was the kama`aina rate. So we ate at Haleiwa Eats instead (love Thai!) and got a shave ice at Tropical Rush to cool the tongue afterward.

Comment

Update - Sven seems totally determined to find something around Aloha Tower for our cruise. I even warned him about the festival, but he was undeterred. Hmmmm, what's over that way? I think I was there once, about 5 months ago. The North Shore cruise sounds beautiful, tho.

New ideas?

What would you (want to do/ did you do) if it was your 6 month Hawaii anniversary?
            ~ This is the strangest life I've ever known ~

Comment

Wow, only 6 months and you guys are like a coupla regulars! Huh, I never thought to celebrate my 6 months, maybe I'll have a party for my 1 year, eh?

If I were celebrating, I'd say act like a tourist for a day. Sometimes when you live someplace you become blind to everything, it just becomes home -- which is nice in itself, but sometimes you take for granted the fact that you're living in a place that most people dream about even visiting.

Or on the other end of the spectrum you could be all anti-tourist, find a hidden little spot that few tourists ever venture into, go hiking in some foothills after dark-- oh wait, you did that..
              Four Thousand Miles (blog) | MacRatLove (comic)
              Better Holes and Garbage (rats) | Perfectly Inadequate (music)

Comment

All of those were great ideas! I'll even take up on some...
                If you've got the whole day?
                Then sunrise at Sandy's and hike to the lighthouse. After wards play around at Makapuu Beach for cooling ocean fun.
                Could get plates at Kaneke's in Waimanalo's and eat at Sherwoods.

It doesn't get any better than this!
                Cheap, but oh so good...

BTW... been there done that and "Oh so good!"
                Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

===================================

Lifetime fan of the world famous Dallas Cowboys.

Comment

Congrats on passing the hump!

I just passed my 6 month mark to return to Honolulu (sans the ex-wife - woo hoo!)

Not sure if you've had a chance to get out and experience town, but if not, I would suggest hitting up a local favorite like Side Street Inn or Little Village or anywhere in China Town. Or if you're feeling rich, check out Alan Wong's or Sam Choy's Diamond Head Restaurant.

Just some ideas from a homesick haole. 5 months and change till I get back.

Ragin Cajun

Comment

Wow- congratulations! That really is a big milestone. I have 5 more weeks till I join ya'll and can't imagine myself being there for 6 months.

I'd head over to one of the other islands and go exploring. You've done six months on Oahu, now go see one of the other islands you haven't seen before.

Congratulations again!!

Can't think of anything creative this time

Comment

Working...
                      X