The 2008 Primary Election

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 2008 Primary Election

Decided to cast a absentee ballot today at Honolulu Hale. The process went pretty fast since there were enough workers to handle the people that showed to vote during their lunch hour.

What got me was the ballot. As usual one side had the unpartisan races like the mayor and the Board of Education. The other side of the ballot had the partisan races but there was also a space as to which party you voted for. I don't know why it's there but I just marked the party that I did vote for.

I don't remember that being there in the 2006 Primary election.

Re: The 2008 Primary Election

I think marking which party you're voting for was meant to bring to mind right before you vote which party you're voting for in the partisan races because you cannot vote across party lines or your vote in the partisan races will not be counted.
    Last edited by Adri; September 11, 2008, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Re: The 2008 Primary Election

Originally posted by helen View Post
      there was also a space as to which party you voted for. I don't know why it's there but I just marked the party that I did vote for.

I don't remember that being there in the 2006 Primary election.
      If I recall correctly, the change is an attempt by lawmakers to avoid problems in the past — where novice voters would invalidate their ballot by voting “outside the box.” I think it’s a wise decision, particularly in this election, where the excitement of Obama-mania has encouraged many Hawai‘i citizens to vote for the first time.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
      USA TODAY, page 2A
      11 March 1993

Comment

Working...
      X