This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KGMZ Oldies 107.9 FM

I tend to agree with Radiohead quite a bit and just shaking my head. What a shame. Hutch was someone many of us knew as sort of like an older brother, uncle, or cool person from down the street. He talked story, was a real person with charisma in a friendly way. His style will be missed, as will the Captain, who was to me, the real anchor over there. Like has been pointed out, Oldies decision to leave Ed Kanoi when taking away so many others? Give me a break. When KPOI let Kanoi go, I actually applauded too, and thought instead of some barely cutting it guy, finally, it can only get better. But instead, that was just before it went bad to worse. How much radio changed in one year. I miss Dave Lawrence. It seemed like he was the only one with any sort of talent on the air, where I felt like someone was working for it, not like Radiohead points out, someone with no idea what they are doing, totally disorganized, and like a bumbling moment coming up next kind of thing. To replace the rest of the station around Kanoi with some satellite? No real good rock station or DJ on now. Star does not rock, simple as that. Maybe successful, and Hudson and co are talented; just no can take her voice. Nothing personal, just like nails on chalk. Star seem like they are on tape the rest of the time, and so mechanical. On the poi, Michelle Shokly reminds me of Sarah Palin and I try to avoid hearing that screech-screech. To save money I guess they got the traffic guy to do mid-days? It is Spinal Tap: The Radio Movie. Maybe Sharen can go there. I still never heard what was up with Mars, who lasted a few months in between BRock on last year, and then back now. Brock! Please. The Kanoi show starts to sound good by comparison. Sad state of affairs. I never realized how good Michael W. Perry really is. I have been listening, as the options are so slim, and he is just with it. Maybe he can move to KPOI or Oldies, and they can hire the Captain for Price. Captain and Price. LOL

Comment

Who cares?

Like many have noted before, this station (like so many others) play a constant rotation of the same songs -- ad nauseum. Don't tell me this is all there was to the '60s and '70s.

Those "request" hours were completely suspect in that 'magically' the same songs from rotation were 'requested.' Oh yeah, just wait until some clown asks for "Brandy" yet again, and put his soundbite in so it sounds like "people want this crap again."

Give me a break.

Anyone with a brain listens to NPR, KTUH, or their iPod.

Comment

I really did enjoy listening to Kanoi and the Kap'n in the morning. Ed Kanoi now seems a little lost without the Kap'n propelling him along.

Together, they were enjoyable to listen to. Now, not so much.

I wonder how long before the morning show advertisers start to drift away? When that happens, they can just drag all the songs and station breaks into an iTunes playlist and hit "Shuffle."
        Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
          I really did enjoy listening to Kanoi and the Kap'n in the morning. Ed Kanoi now seems a little lost without the Kap'n propelling him along.

Together, they were enjoyable to listen to. Now, not so much.
          LOL. That's harsh.

Comment

Now you see what happens when you fire the WHOLE ON AIR-STAFF at KGMZ. Jeff Coelho turns himself into on-air talent and I thought Ed Kanoi was boring, Coelho makes Kanoi sound like Michael W. Perry.

Lets see Coelho fires Bart, Kenny, Sharen and Ron, demotes the Kap'n, who else can he put on air? Is Coelho the secretary, sales manager, promotion director and janitor also? Must be, there is no one else at Salem to do anything else. You see what happens when you hire a dictator, he assumes all duties. Maybe this was his grand scheme to eventually appoint himself mornings.

Can't wait for the rating book to come out in the next two books will show a sharp decline for KGMZ. Hil-Coelho, the Fourth Reich has been born.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe King View Post
              LOL. That's harsh.
              Sorry, didn't mean to be harsh. Was just an observation from a listener. Maybe I used the wrong words, but I was a RELIGIOUS listener to their radio show. I could clock my driving progress to work every morning by the clockwork way their show ran. They constantly bounced fun stuff off each other and fed off each other's chatter.

One guy alone, though, was like the sound of one hand clapping. Either one would have been less than the duo.

And now, got some guy on there who has no idea how to run a show. I stopped listening altogether.

I'm now a free radical morning drive radio listener, bouncing from station to station in search of a home to call my own, again.
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Shortage of talent on the payroll + management's unwillingness to pay for talent = Dare I say it?

Syndicated show from the mainland.

Yeah, I remember that the Mark & Brian Show was a ratings failure here about a decade ago. But even that would be preferable and infinitely more entertaining compared to what KGMZ has now during the mornings.
                This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Coelho, with his long list of job titles at Salem, I now have to mention two more, program and music directorship. The dictator, Jeff Coelho did it again.

Since when is Clay Aikens music qualify under the oldies format? Let's see oldies format = music of the 50's, 60's and early 70's. Was Clay Aikens releasing music in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, or even the 90's? I don't thing so.

Hasn't Jeff Coelho fired air-talent in the past for playing music not in current rotation or in the format? Guess what gang, he has. And it was not me. But I digress. The dictator's motto is: "Do as I say, not as I do."

Jeff, do the state of Hawaii a big favor, stop ruining another radio station. Retire and let more qualified people do your job. You are ruining KGMZ!
                  Last edited by Radiohead; December 19, 2008, 05:01 PM.

Comment

And now KGMZ FM is no more... still playing oldies at 107.9 FM but going by new call letters... KKOL.

KKOL-FM 12/26/2008 - filed with FCC

Heard station ID with new calls tonight.

Call Sign History FCC web
                    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                    X