UH Warriors vs. Oregon State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UH Warriors vs. Oregon State

After a 36-17 win, the Warriors hope to take their momentum into the heart of Corvallis, Oregon — Reser Stadium, where Hawai‘i has never played and the Beavers have won 24 consecutive non-conference games. Will Tyler Graunke be able to lead his team over the winless Beavers who despite their road woes are 13-point favorites? Predictions?

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

Re: UH Warriors vs. Oregon State

Starting off good, TOUCHDOWN!
    https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Which Special Team steps up.

Beavers Kicking Team or Hawaii's Coverage Team?

7-7 late 1st Qtr.

Comment

A Hawai‘i turnover and an Oregon State defense apparently able to read the shovel pass means Graunke cannot afford to overthrow his receivers as the Beavers take a 21-7 lead at the half. Dan Kelly’s kicking woes are also a big reason why the Warriors need to convert on 3rd down.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
        USA TODAY, page 2A
        11 March 1993

Comment

Final score:

45-7, Oregon State Beavers. With that, you get a free beer at The Shack Waikiki, compliments of VerticalJunkies.com.
          Last edited by Pomai; September 13, 2008, 03:39 PM. Reason: A spoiled edit.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Gee, that's too bad

Comment

If it makes anybody feel better, June Jones' Mustangs was also thrashed today, 43-7, by Texas Tech. Both UH and SMU now stand at 1-2.
              This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

The first three games on the schedule went as expected with the predicted one win and two losses. But, this game was hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankie's Market View Post
                  If it makes anybody feel better, June Jones' Mustangs was also thrashed today, 43-7, by Texas Tech. Both UH and SMU now stand at 1-2.
                  It takes the sting out of yesterday's loss.

Let's hope the Bye Week will give Graunke, Libre, and other injured players time to heal.

Otherwise, we will have yet another QB Shuffle. Sighs.
                  Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Walkoff Balk View Post
                    But, this game was hard to watch.
                    yeah, my parents, sister, brother-in-law, aunt, uncle, etc ... were all there watching it in person in Oregon!

I'm glad I was here in HI watching the UH Rainbow Wahine volleyball team win to Washington (after losing the first two games!)
                    I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

They need to pound the run game and establish the O line as dominant.
                      We would have had a chance at 3-0 if they would have stuck to the ground.
                      https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
                        They need to pound the run game and establish the O line as dominant.
                        They are still thinking last year, when they had the QB, arm, speed, and legs.

Remember when Bob Wagner took over? He got all the playes that Tomey signed up, and the players were forced to learn the Run & Shoot, which is not their stregth. It was not until Wager got his own player like Michael Carter did the Bows see success.

Will the fans give him the few years needed?

Comment

Originally posted by cabanalane View Post
                          They are still thinking last year, when they had the QB, arm, speed, and legs.

Remember when Bob Wagner took over? He got all the playes that Tomey signed up, and the players were forced to learn the Run & Shoot, which is not their stregth. It was not until Wager got his own player like Michael Carter did the Bows see success.

Will the fans give him the few years needed?
                          It didn't take Wagner a "few years" to experience success. In just his second year at UH, the team went 9-3. The following year after that, Wags led the team to the Aloha Bowl. Two years later, the team won their first co-WAC championship.

UH fans may be a little spoiled with the quick turnarounds engineered by Wagner and June Jones.

I'm just hoping that McMackin will not turn out to be another Fred Von Appen (i.e.: a long resume of asst. coaching positions in both the NCAA and the NFL, but no head coaching experience at a major college.) AFAIAC, all the "success" that McMackin enjoyed in his two stints at UH as defensive coordinator was with players he inherited from the previous regime.
                          This post may contain an opinion that may conflict with your opinion. Do not take it personal. Polite discussion of difference of opinion is welcome.

Comment

Well at least my 2nd favorite team had a great game. Go Irish! I was hooting and hollering through out that one. wooohoooo.

You'll get em next time Warriors.
                            I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Whenever I see UH Warrior QB Brent Rausch. Lex Luther in Smallville and the movie Powder comes to mind.

Comment

Working...
                              X