Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Musical Instruments?

Default Re: Musical Instruments?

God Bless you Ron Whitfield

Yes, I have my eyes on a Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty and an Ibanez 7 string guitar.....

But yes, I need to get my wife some diamond jewelry before I can even consider asking her if I can get one or two or three more guitars

DD

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDown808 View Post
    [...]
    But yes, I need to get my wife some diamond jewelry before I can even consider asking her if I can get one or two or three more guitars [...]
    OK, Cran...we're all witnesses! Hold out for the recently found, 478 carat diamond that was on the news last night!

I own several guitars, to the horror of my wife.

• American Stratocaster, approx. 1991, black and white, rosewood fingerboard.
    • Ibanez Roadstar II, Strat-type, late-'80s, cream body, natural fingerboard.
    • Hofner 3/4 acoustic, 1960s, handmade in Germany. Same company that made McCartney's violin-shaped Beatle bass.
    • Hofner 500-1 "Beatle Bass" 1973
    • Few more assorted acoustic and electric guitars
    • 7 ukulele, 3 Kamaka; 1 Applause; 1 Lanikai; 1 handmade 6-string tenor; 1 Oscar Schmidt
    • Forgot... dozen or two harmonicas, including a complete set with all the keys in a box. Prefer Hohner Golden Melody

I just sold two of my electrics; one Lincoln made in Japan Les Paul copy; one 3/4 size mini Strat copy.

Can I play? Not so much. I do make excellent noise, however!
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Come on, let's start seeing some photos!!! Here was my collection about a year ago:

But there's been two additions since then -- a five-string fretless bass and another ukulele (pineapple shaped body and a honu hole).
    And to answer the original question, I started piano as a keiki and played trumpet through high school and college. Played guitar since pre-teen years. (Matter of fact, that nylong 6-string on the wall to the left in the above? It's a Ramirez flamenco (wider neck) and I bought it around 1964 or so for about $800. Worth a helluva lot more now.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Default Is that a banjo bass?

I've called the banjo police, and the banjo SWAT team should be surrounding the apt. about now...

Default Re: Is that a banjo bass?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Whitfield View Post
    I've called the banjo police, and the banjo SWAT team should be surrounding the apt. about now.
    Why? You think that was the one used in "Deliverance"?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Banjo Police: Alright it's round up time boys Ima hearin there's some one in these deck of the woods who ownsa banjo. Rag em n tag em boys but save tha banjo we might be needin it for another hoe down.
    Last edited by Pedro; September 22nd, 2008 at 06:54 PM.
    A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Here's some of my babies:

My custom Kramer when I played at New Hope Windward:

My Caparison Horus with the blue LED fret Markers:

DD

I also have a half-dozen guitar hangers adorning the wall in my study, as well as another half-dozen guitar stands. Then, there are the twenty amps, ten of them various Fender tube models (all working).

Currently, I play `ukulele and bass guitar for hula dancers and in several Hawaiian-music bands in the Seattle area. Over the years, I've also played keyboards, drums, mandolin and flute. At present, I have three `ukulele: a tenor Fluke, a six-string tenor Mele, and an electric Risa tenor uke-stick), but just one bass guitar (having sold one last year). I also have a number of old synths, a Fender Rhodes, a flute, a mandolin and a bouzouki.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12