Pizza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza?

Anyone know if "Big Gino's" on Smith Street in Chinatown is still around? It was maybe a month ago, but during a drive-by today it appeared to be MIA. I sure hope all that ridiculous construction on Nimitz Highway didn't finally finish them off...

Comment

Hey back again, dude! (G)

Been cleaning house, patio, shopping for new window draperies, and just being bizzy, ya know. I'll peek at the Walmart thread, but I really don't wanna trash Walmart, as they're one of the few things that make living here Affordable.

Hope you're burping your beer, but not getting so sleepy you ignore your chores, k?

Originally posted by kimo55
      No, but it's beer thirty!

wheah you been, gurl!?

hey.
      wee need some input at da Walmart thread. hele on ovah.
      da buggah steh silent.
      haaa.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen
        Hey back again, dude! (G)

Been cleaning house, patio, shopping for new window draperies, and just being bizzy, ya know. I'll peek at the Walmart thread, but I really don't wanna trash Walmart,

hey, it's an equal opportunity trash board! We trash sprawlmart and da oddahs trash US! Good fun all around!

as they're one of the few things that make living here Affordable.
        K. dass coo!

Hope you're burping your beer, but not getting so sleepy you ignore your chores, k?

"chores"... hmmmm chores. what kine dat!?
        mexican sausage, yea?!

oooohhh dass what those "maid" things do around da hale!

no.
        never touch the stuff...

Comment

There used to be a place in the 1990's in the Pearl Kai Shopping Center that had Chinese food as pizza toppings. It was pretty okay, they did not use tomato sauce on their pizza.

Comment

California Pizza Kitchens (CPK) has this wonderful Peking Duck pizza with what tastes like Oyster sauce on it. That's about as close as Chinese pizza I've ever eaten.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

That's hoisin sauce. One of my favorite CPK pizzas.

Comment

One of these days I'll go order something else at CPK. I wonder if they'll ever open in Hilo? With Jamba Juice, Starbucks, Macy's gee it seems Hilo is going upscale so why not CPK?
                Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Had a Papa Johns, the Works last night. Even asked for a second garlic butter cup.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
                    California Pizza Kitchens (CPK) has this wonderful Peking Duck pizza with what tastes like Oyster sauce on it. That's about as close as Chinese pizza I've ever eaten.
                    That's my favorite CPK pizza too! I like the won ton strips they sprinkle on top. They have a new one...shrimp scampi...that I tried the other night. Very tasty and no red sauce! My favorite pizza of all time anywhere is called "Marguerita" and it only has cheese, fresh slices of tomato and fresh basil on top. Das soooo ono!

Miulang
                    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

I seem to be hooked on the Buffalo Chicken pizza slices at Sam's Club.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                        I seem to be hooked on the Buffalo Chicken pizza slices at Sam's Club.

nuttin bettah den a pizza or two wit da ohana or a few bruddahs and a few pichas beer at magoo's
                        NUT teen.

Comment

except maybe a pitcher of beer and some shack burgers at the shack (in kailua, of course). or maybe a pitcher of beer and garlic fries at gordon biersch. or some poke and big aloha brew at sam choy's. or a pitcher of beer and a pizza at the old harpo's on kapahulu (RIP).

magoos is good when they actually have all their beers in stock - which is the case less and less these days. pizza is okay there, but way overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by Palolo Joe
                            except maybe a pitcher of beer and some shack burgers at the shack (in kailua, of course). or maybe a pitcher of beer and garlic fries at gordon biersch. or some poke and big aloha brew at sam choy's. or a pitcher of beer and a pizza at the old harpo's on kapahulu (RIP).

magoos is good when they actually have all their beers in stock - which is the case less and less these days. pizza is okay there, but way overpriced.

weeelll, the shack can be pricey too.
                            Kailua and Hawaii kai are both good for different reasons. kailua is ok, but get clastrophobic there. prefer the oceanside wide open feel and view at Hawaii kai. Things are a little more reasonable when ya take advantage of their 1/2 off daily sandwich deals. and ya haveta ask for beer specials.
                            (And it's very handy, after cruising around Moanalua bay, to pull the boat right up to the Shack pier, and after lunch, jump right back on the boat and cruise home. A welcome change from battling that parking lot. )

GB is almost my second home. brewmaster and all da ohana there good friends. Yep, I suppose it was reprehensible for me not to have mentioned their finecrafted beers. They are the best. (at 4 bux plus per unit, they better be)
                            http://www.beerme.com/breweries/us/hi/1891.shtml

magoo's is fun, cuz we play that zout game with the beer;
                            Eh; get heineken or wot?!
                            "Zout!"
                            okayyy. steiney?
                            "Zout!"
                            and that place most every evening has wild stuff happening.. always meet a bevvy of kuuipos, or interesting kooky characters with crazy stories to tell.
                            met one guy who had a camera shop that was in Hawaii 5-0. interesting story.
                            Another local gal was in Playboy. She could talk a blue streak. Worked the room as if it were her own tv show.
                            wild.
                            Last edited by kimo55; April 12, 2005, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Big Kahuna Pizza on Pu'uloa Road is a favorite, although I don't go there often. I hope they can survive the disruption that the soon-to-start Pu'uloa roadwork project will cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                                Big Kahuna Pizza on Pu'uloa Road is a favorite, although I don't go there often. I hope they can survive the disruption that the soon-to-start Pu'uloa roadwork project will cause.
                                and the soon to be online petition started by a particular online blowhard against those using Hawaiian culchah for commercial purposes...
                                Naah! jezz (half) joking, brah!

Comment

Working...
                                X